The ghost of Jim Morton

An article today in bbc sports Scotland about falling ticket prices, suprisingly no mention of saints excellent deal for kids and families of both sets of supporters, unlike others who are getting plaudits but only do it for their own home support.

but again shouldnt be suprised or shocked, again the Highland lovefest continues,  inverness is mentioned,  what they fail to mention its a bloody expensive day out going there for an family in the away end, a bit like the thistle deal

Edited by crieffsaintandy

An article today in bbc sports Scotland about falling ticket prices, suprisingly no mention of saints excellent deal for kids and families of both sets of supporters, unlike others who are getting plaudits but only do it for their own home support.

but again shouldnt be suprised or shocked, again the Highland lovefest continues,  inverness is mentioned,  what they fail to mention its a bloody expensive day out going there for an family in the away end, a bit like the thistle deal

They've got a Price Checker doing the rounds on Facebook (presumably to back this article up). I checked to see their figures for Saints and apparently the cheapest ticket is £22 I can only guess that they're basing their cheapest price on a ticket that is open to everyone so the real cheapest ticket in the Ormand stand doesn't count. But they still could have mentioned that the £22 ticket also includes a free under 13 and that offer is open to all fans, home or away. That said I was under the impression that the club provide the figures to the BBC, either the criteria that have to stick to doesn't allow the club to provide the full information or they're just making a hash of getting the word out about the great deals for those of us with kids.

Still, regardless of what the BBC price checker says I'll be happy to just pay my £15 at the weekend and me and my two older boys can enjoy a game for effectively a fiver each.

Practically every club will have various offers that don't get taken into account by this survey because it has to use some sort of consistent criteria across the board. That's probably why a lot of clubs consider it misleading and Swansea have declined to take part this year.

Personally I think it's fair enough to focus on tickets that are available to all. Saints may well have sensational family offers but as an adult attending matches with no kids, those kind of offers are of no use to me.

a full 2.05  of highlights. Phucking outstanding work from  BBC Scotland again.

You have to remember that the Championship has been incorporated in to the programme. 

This will reduce air time for the real Premiership teams.

I suspect interest in the Championship will evaporate should the forces of darkness gain promotion! 

2:05 minutes of coverage is shocking, however on this occasion I am quite content.

a full 2.05  of highlights. Phucking outstanding work from  BBC Scotland again.

I could just about understand, begrudgingly,  that they have to limit the highlights for Sportscene so they can cram everything in but that doesn't excuse the online highlights being so short. It's surely more work to actually cut stuff out unless of course they create the highlights then ask someone to talk over what they've left in as opposed to creating the highlights and commentary at the same time.

There is of course probably some contract issue that they're only allowed to show x number of minutes of highlights in total so to make sure Celtic as much coverage as possible they need to take time from other matches. Who knows, at least we never got treated to the daft "show after match interviews at the same time as the highlights" cluster f**k

Speaking of Sportscene last night, what on earth was the crap with the Aberdeen game with the interviews popping up during the play and split screen nonsense?  I just wanted to watch the fecking football highlights.  

I though it was an technical error but then it became apparent that someone had done it on purpose...who the hell watches that back during production and thinks "wow, nailed it"? What next? An insert showing selfie style footage of the camera man shooting the highlights footage?

Hardly intullectual reading I know!

But anyone who does an interview with the Sh£t rag which is The Sun and manages to promote our braw wee club is alright with me!

Bye the way, she is a WID!

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/6625187/My-Team-With-Sky-Sports-presenter-Jo-Wilson.html

I googled Gemma Fay thinking it would bring up photos of the bird on Sky Sports from Perth (don't know her name..)....oh how disappointed i was!!

And aye, the BBC are horse enaw.

Watched her and Lisa Evans play for Scotland last night, that team would probably give Saints a good game. Not often you can say someone from Perth is playing for Bayern Munich. 

Part of the BBC report on Saturdays match spot the error.

Inverness CT 0-1 St Johnstone: Wright hails Saints character

_57774066_paulmitchell.jpgBy Paul Mitchell BBC Sport at the Caledonian Stadium

Tommy Wright was understandably delighted with St Johnstone's late win at Inverness after they were reduced to 10 men early in the second half.

Dave Mackay was dismissed for a challenge on Carl Tremarco but Saints snatched victory through Liam Craig's stoppage-time penalty.

The result maintained the Perth side's top-six position in the Premiership.