Aberdeen v Saints 3rd Oct

The ghost of Jim Morton

Some will say Aberdeen will be dangerous as they've lost their last 2, others will say it's a good time to play them. 

Personally, I'm a happy clapper and think this is a good time for us to be playing anyone.

4-4-1-1  

Zander 

Joe Dave Tam Brian

Mikey Muzz Millar Lappin

Macca

Cummings 

This it'd be harsh to drop Liam after his shift on Saturday but seems mental not to capitalize on Simon's recent confidence/finishing. Spoony in if Mikey's not fit.

Some will say Aberdeen will be dangerous as they've lost their last 2, others will say it's a good time to play them. 

Personally, I'm a happy clapper and think this is a good time for us to be playing anyone.

4-4-1-1  

Zander 

Joe Dave Tam Brian

Mikey Muzz Millar Lappin

Macca

Cummings 

This it'd be harsh to drop Liam after his shift on Saturday but seems mental not to capitalize on Simon's recent confidence/finishing. Spoony in if Mikey's not fit.

Think Liam is a better bet defencive wize.

Hope Tommy keeps the same team that ended first half on saturday & he tries to win the game.

Edited by Cagey
plus Mikey offcourse.

We are going well, they are on a losing streak but the media will give us no fecking chance. Lets  do what we do best and beat the bastards.

St.Johnstone FC.  Underestimated since forever...

Hi All,

I'll come straight out and say I am an Aberdeen fan, but like to visit opposition forums to discuss and debate the upcoming game.

Certainly no intention to antagonise anyone.

With regards to the above quote, I would say that we are in no way underestimating St Johnstone. You guys are hitting a great bit of form. I thoroughly enjoyed your win last midweek.

You could say that we are in a bit of bad form at the moment, but to be honest, we have not blown anyone away all season, sometimes dominating games, but not killing them off.

We seem to be reasonably defensively strong (over the season) and appear to know how to close out a game once we go in front, but seem to find it hard to come from behind (unless its Celtic LAUGH OUT LOUD).

We do take a little heart that Mannus will miss the game and wonder what your young loon Clark will be like. It was hard to gauge from Saturday's performance as Utd only had one shot on target after the pen.

i reckon it will be very tight from both sides, possibly ending up 0-0, but hoping we can get back on track and get a 1-0 win. A lot will depend on how Clark plays for you and if we can learn to be more clinical.

From your side, certainly we will be wary of O'Halloren and Lappin who have hit a rich form

Hi All,

I'll come straight out and say I am an Aberdeen fan, but like to visit opposition forums to discuss and debate the upcoming game.

Certainly no intention to antagonise anyone.

With regards to the above quote, I would say that we are in no way underestimating St Johnstone. You guys are hitting a great bit of form. I thoroughly enjoyed your win last midweek.

You could say that we are in a bit of bad form at the moment, but to be honest, we have not blown anyone away all season, sometimes dominating games, but not killing them off.

We seem to be reasonably defensively strong (over the season) and appear to know how to close out a game once we go in front, but seem to find it hard to come from behind (unless its Celtic LAUGH OUT LOUD).

We do take a little heart that Mannus will miss the game and wonder what your young loon Clark will be like. It was hard to gauge from Saturday's performance as Utd only had one shot on target after the pen.

i reckon it will be very tight from both sides, possibly ending up 0-0, but hoping we can get back on track and get a 1-0 win. A lot will depend on how Clark plays for you and if we can learn to be more clinical.

From your side, certainly we will be wary of O'Halloren and Lappin who have hit a rich form

Nah, it's Tam Scobbie you need to watch for!

Clark is an excellent keeper who has performed well and consistently on loan.  Were it not for the obvious class of Mannus, he'd be a more than reliable number 1 in this league.  Don't think I remember being in a position where I have no concern whatsoever about the ability of our second keeper, but it's true on this occasion.  He's also got a frightening kicking ability, as shown by our winner against United.

Should be a good game in my opinion.

Nah, it's Tam Scobbie you need to watch for!
Clark is an excellent keeper who has performed well and consistently on loan.  Were it not for the obvious class of Mannus, he'd be a more than reliable number 1 in this league.  Don't think I remember being in a position where I have no concern whatsoever about the ability of our second keeper, but it's true on this occasion.  He's also got a frightening kicking ability, as shown by our winner against United.

Should be a good game in my opinion.

Interesting, I'll look at the highlights again.

What will be your expected team lineup?

I also see Alan Muir is the referee, what's your thoughts on that appointment?

Another Nomadic Dons fan who likes to read opposition forums in the lead up to games. Well done lads on your recent humbling of the Orc hoards and an honourable mention to the final nail in Sacknamara's coffin, enjoying your work.

Think Saturday's game will be a really tight one. Always admire St Js organisation and ability to outbox teams, Wright is a wise manager. Our own approach is very similar so I'm thinking we will see a tactical affair with one goal in it. Agree with ISTL, 1-0 home win. 

We went from a 4-0 beasting of Hamilton to a whimsy1-2 defeat from Killie. Who knows what team turns up on the day for both The Dons and The Saints. I would take a draw now.  

Yes a point from Pittodrie would be a good point to take down the road and entirely feasible.

I disregard the Killie score as it was on the plastic pitch and you and to alter your team to safeguard McLean

P.S. I watched the highlights and there is no way Aberdeen will no challange for the keepers kick out the way Utd did. They are utterly poor

Yes a point from Pittodrie would be a good point to take down the road and entirely feasible.

I disregard the Killie score as it was on the plastic pitch and you and to alter your team to safeguard McLean

P.S. I watched the highlights and there is no way Aberdeen will no challange for the keepers kick out the way Utd did. They are utterly poor

Valid points, also Murray Davidson missed the Killie game because of the pitch - it annoys me that the pitch there determines that we can't play two of our most influential players - who are otherwise very fit and mobile players.  If you look at the number of players at the top of the game that have recovered from bad knee ligament injuries, it seems farcical that such poor pitches are still allowed.  Another story though.

Clark's kicking is accurate as well as long, but I'd like to think we won't resort to hoofball.  

I'd anticipate:

Clark

Fisher Shaughnessy MacKay Easton

O'Halloran Davidson Millar Wotherspoon

MacLean

Cummins

I'd anticipate:

Clark

MacLean

Cummins

The other thread was suggesting that O'Halloran and Millar both have Hamstring injuries and are a doubt.

I wonder if Craig will drop in for Millar if he is unfit.

Who would replace O'Halloran if he doesn't make it?

Wotherspoon would likely shift over to the right with Craig/Lappin on the left.

I'd guess that Millar will miss out - he tends to miss the next game when he pulls up like he did on Saturday. O'Halloran has been an ever present for a long time now, so I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the bench at the very least. It looked like a thigh muscle strain as opposed to a hamstring injury - he was holding the front of his leg rather than the back and it seemed to me like an impact injury.

Valid points, also Murray Davidson missed the Killie game because of the pitch - it annoys me that the pitch there determines that we can't play two of our most influential players - who are otherwise very fit and mobile players.  If you look at the number of players at the top of the game that have recovered from bad knee ligament injuries, it seems farcical that such poor pitches are still allowed.  Another story though.

Clark's kicking is accurate as well as long, but I'd like to think we won't resort to hoofball.  

I'd anticipate:

Clark

MacLean

Cummins

Is that a reasonably attacking set up Montrose or is it played more like a 4-2-3-1? Do you normally play MacLean and Cummins together in more competitive games ?