Aberdeen v Saints 3rd Oct

The ghost of Jim Morton

To the Aberdeen fans postting on here WelcomeI missed

the 1.0 win but have  been in attendance at most before that and the 2 most recent games prior to 1.0 win we were treated disgracefully by G4s
From being locked in at the end of the game ,like we were old firm scum to sterilised steps at one game to sterilised seats at the next game
And just being treated like crap with Stewards even blocking the view of the game
If you add all that to the crap view you get from the end of that stand we get and the cost,I take my laddie and it costs me £18 for a 17 year old,the McDiarmid equivalent is £5 and age 12 and under free
Its not my favourite ground by a long way but I will be back for more on Saturday  as I totally refuse to let the likes of G4s win and dream of the day when you can watch your team in peace and not being harassed by some power mad d***
Good luck for the rest of the season
Starting on Sunday of course

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

I reiterate, I guess you've not been to many away games, certainly not against the top sides.

Stuck in that corner - more space given than Celtic, Rangers, Hearts

Caged in - Hardly, there's a fence to separate the away fans from the home fans. The same fence the home fance are "caged in" with

Restricted view - What restricted view? The fence, the same fence that the South Stand Home Fans sit next to. You should try going to Celtic park and getting restricted view behind a piller

disorganised overzealous stewarding - No argument here, but same for home fans

seating blocked off - LAUGH OUT LOUD, seating next to the fence that gives you a retricted view. Which do you want. Do you not realise that Celtic, Rangers, Hearts all have seating clocked off too to seperate fans

insufficient catering - Same for home fans, but in fairness, hard to cater for unknown quantities.

insufficient toilets - Same for home fans, although we get by.

expensive overcomplicated ticketing arrangements - explain more, what's so complicated about it?

apart from that it's a lovely experience - Glad you enjoyed it, please come again.

Seriously though, how many fans do you bring? Maybe if you had a greater following support, the club could consider making improvements

you have been fine on this forum right up until your last statement. Showing your true colours now. Can't help yourself. 

Pittodrie is a sh-t hole. And shouldn't matter if it is 1 or 2000 fans. 

P-ick

When you see what a good job Hearts and Hibs have made of upgrading their old terraced grounds to all seater you have to question wh a club the size of Aberdeen have made such a poor job of theirs.

When are Aberdeen actually going to move to their new ground, wonder if it will happen before or after the old filth move to England, 

I reiterate, I guess you've not been to many away games, certainly not against the top sides.

Stuck in that corner - more space given than Celtic, Rangers, Hearts

Caged in - Hardly, there's a fence to separate the away fans from the home fans. The same fence the home fance are "caged in" with

Restricted view - What restricted view? The fence, the same fence that the South Stand Home Fans sit next to. You should try going to Celtic park and getting restricted view behind a piller

disorganised overzealous stewarding - No argument here, but same for home fans

seating blocked off - LAUGH OUT LOUD, seating next to the fence that gives you a retricted view. Which do you want. Do you not realise that Celtic, Rangers, Hearts all have seating clocked off too to seperate fans

insufficient catering - Same for home fans, but in fairness, hard to cater for unknown quantities.

insufficient toilets - Same for home fans, although we get by.

expensive overcomplicated ticketing arrangements - explain more, what's so complicated about it?

apart from that it's a lovely experience - Glad you enjoyed it, please come again.

Seriously though, how many fans do you bring? Maybe if you had a greater following support, the club could consider making improvements

The fact that a bad experience is the same as the home fans are getting does not alter the fact it is a bad experience

the points you answered differently to this

more space than given to celtic  rangers (?) and hearts............ there are and always will be less of us, this does not  excuse shambolic organisation  as craigie boy says above it doesn't matter if there is 1 or 2000 away fans.

caged in..... yes we are, we have a fence at two sides as opposed to 1 side for the home fans we also had the advertising banner along the front of the enclosure so yes it did appear we were caged in

restricted view  while I accept it is not as bad as septics brick wall it is still seriously restricted

seating blocked off.......... yes it was and people were unable to find a seat because of this until the G4S adverts were eventually  removed

expensive overcomplicated ticketing ...........not having enough tickets available at turnstiles when you require one to get through said turnstile is certainly complicating matters unnecesarilly        expensive...... do I need to explain that one?

I should add that my comments here refer to the last game of last season which even all the above points could not spoil the sheer jubilation tha t went with it

See the odds for away win.... odd odds yet again. Good value.

Also I did warn not to want to know more about the $hit experiences our small band of loyal supporters have to share on a trip to the worst stadium in the SPL. The main stand roof is a belter with what appears to be patchwork at its best...  anyway, it's our experience and trying to reason by comparing other grounds won't get anyone on side. Anyway, best get the horses out to control us away fans! No pyro, no party!

Edited by Dave H
pyro

Shit ground. One I am glad to be too far from. Norwich to Beach end.....not worth it. Am expecting a loss but also a wee suspicion they think they deserve to beat us. While the players might not take us for granted the fans will. Quiet stadium = less than frantic game and we'll sneak away with 1 nil win!

Missed the first twenty minutes after queuing to the front of a turnstile before they promptly shut it as they'd ran out of tickets. Finally got in only to find out there were no seats so had to stand at the back of the stand for ninety minutes. Absolute shambles. 

Going today though, don't think I'd let being treated shabbily stop me from going to the football, but then again I've got no principles. 

Totally missing the point.

Your posts so far have seemed OK, but if you want to come on here and defend behaviour like that then you can quite frankly get f**ked.

Charming. I think you were missing my point, in that the complaints you were making are seen everywhere and not directed solely to you St J fans

Aberdeen fan, you've never sat in the away end m8. No need to stick up for your club all the time. Your stadium probably has the worst experience in the top flight for away fans. We aren't making it up.  It's a ****ing shite hole. I'll never go back.

I was merely expressing empathy.

As to never going back, that's your choice, you don;t fill out the allocation anyway, but I would not let the stadium impact my decision to support my team.

Incidentally, there are many Aberdeen fans who are looking forward to a new stadium / revamped Pittodrie as we recognise it time for an upgrade.

Bit easier to do for a small stadium like yours and maybe your not old enough to remember Muirton park.

Pittodrie was the pioneering stadium at one stage, the first all seater stadium in Britain, but we acknowledge it's time to be improved.

It will happen at some point.

It comes across that you have not been to many of the top flight stadiums. Have you been to New Douglas Park?

I've been to Pittodrie. It's really, really cold.

Would not return.

Plan for it then, put on an extra layer, surely your team deserves more loyal support

Terrible view, shocking prices, worst stewarding in the league.  

Despite all this, I shall - as always - be attending.  

1-2 Saints.

Good on you, see past the niggles and support your team whatever.

1-0 is my guess, maybe more if you are injury hit

looking fwd to the seagulls pooping on me tommorrow

Shouldn't happen mate, AFC employ a guy with a Falcon to fly over the South Stand and keep the gulls away

no just pitoddrie .are they all like your dump ?

Go get some experience and support your team at other grounds.

To the Aberdeen fans postting on here WelcomeI missed

the 1.0 win but have  been in attendance at most before that and the 2 most recent games prior to 1.0 win we were treated disgracefully by G4s
From being locked in at the end of the game ,like we were old firm scum to sterilised steps at one game to sterilised seats at the next game
And just being treated like crap with Stewards even blocking the view of the game
If you add all that to the crap view you get from the end of that stand we get and the cost,I take my laddie and it costs me £18 for a 17 year old,the McDiarmid equivalent is £5 and age 12 and under free
Its not my favourite ground by a long way but I will be back for more on Saturday  as I totally refuse to let the likes of G4s win and dream of the day when you can watch your team in peace and not being harassed by some power mad d***
Good luck for the rest of the season
Starting on Sunday of course

I agree the G4S stewards can be shocking at times, maybe learn how you can act and force them to do their rules.

I recall being at a game in Dundee, where a steward was walking along the back of the stand and swinging past the metal beams over the tops of fans heads.

I informed him that if he did it again, I would report him and the club for breach of Health and Safety rules.

Another option is to get the crowd to chant something in unison like Traffic Warden, Traffic Warden as it derides them and makes them realise they cannot take on hundreds of fans

Best of luck for your enjoyment at today's game, I hope a lot of the issues are sorted, but hopefully that we obviously get the win.

Happy for you to take your scalps off of Celtic to keep the league interesting.

When you see what a good job Hearts and Hibs have made of upgrading their old terraced grounds to all seater you have to question wh a club the size of Aberdeen have made such a poor job of theirs.

When are Aberdeen actually going to move to their new ground, wonder if it will happen before or after the old filth move to England, 

We are as frustrated as you with regards to the new stadium.

I think they are now looking at revamping Pittodrie to get permission since the new stadium has apparently fallen through.

Incidentally, there's no way the Old Firm are moving to England..... unfortunately

The only odds you can get better than a Saints win are on this Aberdeen fan disappearing quicker than the Pittodrie toaster if Saints get a result.

With the international break coming up, hopefully the manager will take a risk with O'Halloran at least and hopefully none of the locals try to engage in conversation as my translator can't make it today. Fit like, fin, fa's.

See the odds for away win.... odd odds yet again. Good value.

Also I did warn not to want to know more about the $hit experiences our small band of loyal supporters have to share on a trip to the worst stadium in the SPL. The main stand roof is a belter with what appears to be patchwork at its best...  anyway, it's our experience and trying to reason by comparing other grounds won't get anyone on side. Anyway, best get the horses out to control us away fans! No pyro, no party!

I was genuinely interested to know.

Didn;t realise they ran out of tickets, that's shocking.

As for the worst ground, we are far from that, you've clearly not visited all the SPFL grounds.

As for Police Scotland, I agree, they have gone totally overboard, especially since the Rangers Hearts night game last year. As I said, they had horses for the midweek game v Hamilton when they had 20 fans.

Totally outwit Aberdeen's control and that is a Police Scotland issue

All the best on your trip and experience today, hope it is far better.

I'll be there to see a Dons victory ;o)

Missed the first twenty minutes after queuing to the front of a turnstile before they promptly shut it as they'd ran out of tickets. Finally got in only to find out there were no seats so had to stand at the back of the stand for ninety minutes. Absolute shambles. 

Going today though, don't think I'd let being treated shabbily stop me from going to the football, but then again I've got no principles. 

I hope the club have learned, I will make a special effort to look across and see how you guys are faring

Going today but a bit apprehensive about the team if Millar and MOH fail fitness tests. However my heart will always rule hence my journey north. C OYS

Good on you, always support your team

All the best lads

The only odds you can get better than a Saints win are on this Aberdeen fan disappearing quicker than the Pittodrie toaster if Saints get a result.

With the international break coming up, hopefully the manager will take a risk with O'Halloran at least and hopefully none of the locals try to engage in conversation as my translator can't make it today. Fit like, fin, fa's.

I will be moving on to Ross County on Sunday, but will come back this evening / tomorrow morning win lose or draw to reflect

P.S. you forgot your "Far aboots yer furry boots"

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!

Why's he a roaster? His posts are more balanced than yours, frankly. I don't like the away section at Aberdeen either, but you can still see a decent game of football - occasionally.

kind of you to say so. 

Maybe I'm being harsh, but the general feeling I'm getting is the usual 'it doesn't matter that our ground/staff/facilities are shit because Saints are poorly supported compared to Aberdeen' 

im fed up with that attitude.

we took the largest away support next to Celtic to Pitodrie last season, and were treated like shit.

i really hope Aberdeen win the league this year, but the superiority complex boils my piss.

I hope the club have learned, I will make a special effort to look across and see how you guys are faring

Good on you, always support your team

All the best lads

Can't make it as I'm on call, but no ground would stop me supporting Saints, some fans at the bigot brothers grounds put me off, I apologise for some of our fans' reactions,some are far too precious, good luck for the league, would love for you to win it, travel with Glenrothes reds usually to our games coys 

Can't make it as I'm on call, but no ground would stop me supporting Saints, some fans at the bigot brothers grounds put me off, I apologise for some of our fans' reactions,some are far too precious, good luck for the league, would love for you to win it, travel with Glenrothes reds usually to our games coys 

Ach I understand some fans can be overzealous, we have many of them at Aberdeen too.

I don;t think we'll win the league as Celtic could always go out and buy some players in January and would kick on after they are knocked out of Europe for a second time. ;o)

That said, I doubt Aberdeen would sell to Celtic in January if we are still competing by then, but the longer the "challenge" goes on, the more interesting it is.

Let's hope the Dons get back to winning ways today and you do likewise next week :wink:

Maybe I'm being harsh, but the general feeling I'm getting is the usual 'it doesn't matter that our ground/staff/facilities are shit because Saints are poorly supported compared to Aberdeen' 

Maybe I was coming across that way, but never meant it.

Some fans (Aberdeen included) moan and whinge about the pettiest things, it makes me think they need to wise up or get a dose of reality.

The thing about the security fencing at the perimeter of the ground is an example I think, FFS, get real, what do you want, a string of shopping outlets. Some pretty floral art deco or something

we took the largest away support next to Celtic to Pitodrie last season, and were treated like shit.

Maybe the problem was that the away support was unexpected. My point was about larger supports is that if a club knows and expects it, they can deal with it better.

If more clubs brought larger supports then maybe where they are located would be looked at.

Certainly the club have looked at how best to segregate fans, especially when we had the Gruesome Tuesome come to Todders each year.

You'll be glad to know we have restricted Celtics away support and are treated with the same allocation as you get nowadays ;o)

I'm pretty sure Aberdeen have moved to all ticket (Aberdeen fans moan about this too) as it gives a much better idea of expected crowds and be ready to accommodate them i.e. tickets and food.

There's always room for improvement and constructive criticism would be well received