JBFTG

IveSeenTheLight

Just Back From The Game and well well, what can I say.

1st of all, congratulations to St Johnstone on the 3 points, a thoroughly deserved victory.

2nd, what a strike from Easton. Could have been row Z mind you, but it ended up in the back of the net. This screamer was critical as it allowed you to play to your own game plan.

You then scored a second whilst the Dons defence was still sleeping, but when we got one back immediately after I thought, game on

But apparently not game on as you got your third.

I was sitting at half time thinking, how the hell are we down 3-1 to St Johnstone as to be honest, your style of football is not pleasing albeit very effective against the Dons today.

but on reflection, I know why you were ahead.

St Johnstone were really physical and bullied Aberdeen out of the game. Your tactic was to play the ball long, gain the yards and close down quickly having moved up the park.

I don't think you won many 1st balls in the air, but what you did do was win absolutely every 2nd ball.

Onto the second half and I hoped DM would have fired up the team, but alas no and you picked up another 2 easy goals early in the second half which killed the game.

As I said, your long ball tactics and physical work ethic paid off today, but I don;t think it is sustainable, you will find a lot of games you win this way, but another lot where it doesn't work.

Your very well organised (as we knew) and get men behind the ball very quickly, making it tougher for opposition to break you down.

It's a tactic which is helped if you gain the first goal, but not sure how effective it is if you go behind.

Once again, well done, looking forward to the 2nd January now when we come to McDiarmid and hopefully get the first crucial goal.

P.S. Special mention to the 2-300 travelling St J fans. I know you guys went down the road happy, but hope your experience in the ground was better than before

What a load of garbage.  Bitter, bitter wee man.  Saints defended their way to a 5-1 win?  Aye okay.  You lot should count yourselves fortunate really - if we'd went down to ten men we might have really given you a pasting :wink:

Just Back From The Game and well well, what can I say.

1st of all, congratulations to St Johnstone on the 3 points, a thoroughly deserved victory.

2nd, what a strike from Easton. Could have been row Z mind you, but it ended up in the back of the net. This screamer was critical as it allowed you to play to your own game plan.

You then scored a second whilst the Dons defence was still sleeping, but when we got one back immediately after I thought, game on

But apparently not game on as you got your third.

I was sitting at half time thinking, how the hell are we down 3-1 to St Johnstone as to be honest, your style of football is not pleasing albeit very effective against the Dons today.

but on reflection, I know why you were ahead.

St Johnstone were really physical and bullied Aberdeen out of the game. Your tactic was to play the ball long, gain the yards and close down quickly having moved up the park.

I don't think you won many 1st balls in the air, but what you did do was win absolutely every 2nd ball.

Onto the second half and I hoped DM would have fired up the team, but alas no and you picked up another 2 easy goals early in the second half which killed the game.

As I said, your long ball tactics and physical work ethic paid off today, but I don;t think it is sustainable, you will find a lot of games you win this way, but another lot where it doesn't work.

Your very well organised (as we knew) and get men behind the ball very quickly, making it tougher for opposition to break you down.

It's a tactic which is helped if you gain the first goal, but not sure how effective it is if you go behind.

Once again, well done, looking forward to the 2nd January now when we come to McDiarmid and hopefully get the first crucial goal.

P.S. Special mention to the 2-300 travelling St J fans. I know you guys went down the road happy, but hope your experience in the ground was better than before

A thoroughly deserved victory indeed, then you spoil it by trying to discredit our team's wonderful performance by accusing them of being a "long ball" and physical side.

Don't recall any goals coming from a long ball, in fact your team failed to deal with a THROW-IN  into the box-Goal number ONE.

FREE KICK to the head of the unmarked McLean, who was unlucky to see his header strike the inside of the post, then your keeper flapped at the ball to present Shaughnessy with an easy tap-in for Goal number TWO.

Another FREE KICK into the box, which the tall Dons defenders failed to deal with and after two touches, Craig passes the ball into the net, your keeper failing to get a strong enough arm/hand to the ball to prevent GOAL number THREE.

A CORNER KICK straight to the head of a leaping, unmarked Steven McLean at the near post, results in a magnificent header into the far corner of the net- Goal number FOUR.

Your keeper makes a piss poor clearance of a BACK PASS, by kicking straight to a Saints player, who in turn feeds McLean directly in front of him, on the 18yd line, who controls the ball beautifully before laying the ball off to Cummins, both players being unchallenged.

Cummins cross picks out the unmarked McLean, who had taken up position at the far post and gleefully puts a header into the net, despite six defenders plus the keeper in the box and only the Two Saints players. GOOOOOAAAAALLLLL number FIVE.

Your keeper almost gifted a SIXTH, but managed to prevent it crossing the line at the second attempt.

The reaction of a typical arrogant Aberdeen supporter I'm afraid. Be magnanimous in defeat and accept that what we saw yesterday and what the outside world will read today in the reports by the media is one thing and one thing only. Aberdeen were hammered, thrashed, gubbed, slaughtered, royally pumped humbled at fortress pittodrie by the perennial underdogs St Johnstone. 

Don't make excuses with regards to long ball, luck, physicality, etc. You were beaten by the better team on the day, handed your arse in your hands end of. 

Disappointing for you I know, but shake off the 1980's world beating attitude you all have up here and remember, nothing in football is guaranteed, you've had a good start to the season, first time in years, you had a strong finish last season, picking up some silverware on the way, but, your previous 9 - 10 seasons you were woeful, or did you forget about that ? 

Aye, they did forget the previous 9-10 Seasons.! 50% of them also forgot to attend any games.!

The post of a sore loser

In what way, I congratulated you on your tactics, it worked well on Saturday.

I was very complimentary on your result and merely offered my objective opinion. Disgree if you like, but certainly my aim was to congratulate and be objective.

Incidentally, it was very hard to be objective to the Aberdeen team on Saturday, every single player was poor and did not turn up. As DM said, we were weak and naive.

2nd, what a strike from Easton.

Once again, well done,

You also said that we played hootball and used the old cliché that we're organised. you also implied we were negative, despite winning the match by 5 (FIVE) goals to 1.

In fairness, your summary might be right and apologies if I launched myself at you. Regardless of how we are play though, regardless of the result (I've seen us well beaten) we get the same things said about us. Negative, stuffy, well organised, hoofball. All of which is utter nonsense. We have scored 21 goals in the league this season, the second most in the league, we've conceded 17. We have the most goals in our games of any side in the league. If you add in our 3 cup matches, there have been 46 goals in our 13 competitive matches. Steven Maclean is the top goalscorer in the league. Indeed, we have 11 (I think) outfield players who have scored goals for us this season, not including Boyata who scored an og. The football on display last season was mostly shite, but we were adjusting to losing Stevie May. This season we've brought in Cummins, who is excellent, and Maclean and O'Halloran are playing exceptionally well. We are a good team to watch for the most part.

Edited by Kyle

You also said that we played hootball and used the old cliché that we're organised. you also implied we were negative, despite winning the match by 5 (FIVE) goals to 1.

In fairness, your summary might be right and apologies if I launched myself at you. Regardless of how we are play though, regardless of the result (I've seen us well beaten) we get the same things said about us. Negative, stuffy, well organised, hoofball. All of which is utter nonsense. We have scored 21 goals in the league this season, the second most in the league, we've conceded 17. We have the most goals in our games of any side in the league. If you add in our 3 cup matches, there have been 46 goals in our 13 competitive matches. Steven Maclean is the top goalscorer in the league. Indeed, we have 11 (I think) outfield players who have scored goals for us this season, not including Boyata who scored an og. The football on display last season was mostly shite, but we were adjusting to losing Stevie May. This season we've brought in Cummins, who is excellent, and Maclean and O'Halloran are playing exceptionally well. We are a good team to watch for the most part.

I never used the word negative. 

I'm sure anyone at the game would have seen that immediately when you lost the ball, you got 10 men behind, dropping 20 yards to get organised and restrict us. You also made sure that anybody wide had two men on them restricting crosses. When I say you were defensively organised, it was a compliment.

At times, I wish our defenders could properly clear the area and get out of the box.

I only recall twice where I thought that St J got the bal down and played some good interpassing to progress up the pitch, both of which just failed at the last point to make a good goal scoring opportunity.

The rest was long balls, my opinion, like it or not.

It worked though as you did not win many of those long balls, but your midfield snapped up every 2nd ball. It was here that you won the battle of the midfield and the game.

Your long ball game was very effective in clearing your area and gaining yards up the pitch, from which you gained advantage from the set pieces and Aberdeen dealed poorly with.

You came with a plan and executed it well. I just wonder if that plan works as well if you concede the first.

All the best until 2nd January when we come looking to get that crucial first goal :wink:

To be pedantic, it was 

1-5 :wink:

Well done again, does that make your season or will you kick on to try and get into the top 6?

Genuinely think we have a much better team than last season.  We still have issues to resolve at the back, and O'Halloran (player of the season so far) and Millar (last years player of the season by miles) to come back.  When the season started there was a feeling of excitement that we could have a great season, and the europa league games burst the  bubble badly.  We're now playing more like we expected we could, so I forsee top 6 as the absolute minimum, and really hope to be pushing for 3rd behind you and Celtic.

Genuinely think we have a much better team than last season.  We still have issues to resolve at the back, and O'Halloran (player of the season so far) and Millar (last years player of the season by miles) to come back.  When the season started there was a feeling of excitement that we could have a great season, and the europa league games burst the  bubble badly.  We're now playing more like we expected we could, so I forsee top 6 as the absolute minimum, and really hope to be pushing for 3rd behind you and Celtic.

I wonder if having O'Halloran and millar out affected your team tactics on Saturday.

You correctly called earlier that the HT score was not a true reflection, but you came out, scored 2 relative quick goals and closed out the remainder of the half.

All the best for the rest of the season and see you all again at new year.

I wonder if having O'Halloran and millar out affected your team tactics on Saturday.

You correctly called earlier that the HT score was not a true reflection, but you came out, scored 2 relative quick goals and closed out the remainder of the half.

All the best for the rest of the season and see you all again at new year.

I don't think so. We had both available against Rangers and we set up in a similar manner. Difference this season is we have players to put away the chances we do create. We scored 5 on Saturday, hit the post and Ward pulled out two decent saves. We didn't really have a problem creating chances last year either, just no one put them away consistently enough for us.

I don't think so. We had both available against Rangers and we set up in a similar manner. Difference this season is we have players to put away the chances we do create. We scored 5 on Saturday, hit the post and Ward pulled out two decent saves. We didn't really have a problem creating chances last year either, just no one put them away consistently enough for us.

You certainly was clinical on Saturday, although wasn;t the post from where Shaughnaysay prodded in the rebound.

I actually though McLean was still offside for your second when he ran back to head that in (not making excuses as we should still have dealt with it). Being pedantic, it was never a foul by Rooney to win the header back to McGinn.

Even at half time, I though we could turn it around, but you closed it out in the second half to deserve your win.

:wink: that make your season or will you kick on to try and get into the top 6?

liking the banter of trying to get into top 6, im not sure if that's looking for bites. Just you boys win the league, it's yours to lose! Hope your 3 points dropped at home to us doesn't stop this.  We are looking to achieve 5 years in a row in Europa.. 

liking the banter of trying to get into top 6, im not sure if that's looking for bites. Just you boys win the league, it's yours to lose! Hope your 3 points dropped at home to us doesn't stop this.  We are looking to achieve 5 years in a row in Europa.. 

Ach it was just a snap back at the big bold blue 5-1, but the quip could be put down as banter of course. Hoping TW's superior tactics works well against Celtic as well.

We won't win the league, we shouldn't win the league, but the longer it's possible it makes the league interesting. Who wants it over wit 10-15 games to go?

5 years in Europe in a row would be a nice achievement, but is it realistically sustainable once Hearts and Rangers re-establish themselves in the top flight.

Ach it was just a snap back at the big bold blue 5-1, but the quip could be put down as banter of course. Hoping TW's superior tactics works well against Celtic as well.

We won't win the league, we shouldn't win the league, but the longer it's possible it makes the league interesting. Who wants it over wit 10-15 games to go?

5 years in Europe in a row would be a nice achievement, but is it realistically sustainable once Hearts and Rangers re-establish themselves in the top flight.

yes

I'veSeen, you inadvertently I'm sure used an appalling word in your last sentence there that isn't tolerated here, namely R*****s, the name of a club that disappeared a few years ago now. The terms Sevco, TheThe, or rancid bigots are all considered acceptable. Thank you.

I fully understand and agree, however if there is a chance that by acknowledging the OldCo is inexplicably linked with NewCo and thus they need to service all of OldCo's debts, then that would be a great thing in my opinion.

I understand they are still flying by the seat of their pants, month to month and hoping that they secure promotion and increased ST sales to survive.

If OldCo debt pushed them beyond the brink then I would not be upset.

I fully understand and agree, however if there is a chance that by acknowledging the OldCo is inexplicably linked with NewCo and thus they need to service all of OldCo's debts, then that would be a great thing in my opinion.

I understand they are still flying by the seat of their pants, month to month and hoping that they secure promotion and increased ST sales to survive.

If OldCo debt pushed them beyond the brink then I would not be upset.

I guess promotion is inevitable this year, but at the risk of going off topic, I think the game against Saints (in which we played well but arguably not as well as we did in the subsequent two games) showed that there remains a gulf in class between the Championship and the Premiership.  I really don't know where their next step in quality comes from?  They are set up rather like a typical Premiership team now, in terms of a mix of experience and young talent, but they are a million miles away from attracting or signing players that are on the radar of Celtic or even Aberdeen.  I think it might take several seasons back in the top flight before they are challenging at the top again, if they last that long without going bust completely.  Hearts I think can return somewhat quicker, because despite financial failure, they have at least come back with some kind of a plan that doesn't involve throwing money down a drain on ridiculous contracts and court cases.