Goalkeepers at St johnstone

Winston ingram

maybe it's just the rose-tinted spectacles of the supporter, but I do think we have an extraordinary record in keepers over the years, from Sandy McLaren through to Jim Donaldson and Derek Robertson in the seventies  and onwards with Main, Encks, Mannus etc

Will give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you haven't deliberately left out Mark Paston or Matt Glennon

maybe it's just the rose-tinted spectacles of the supporter, but I do think we have an extraordinary record in keepers over the years, from Sandy McLaren through to Jim Donaldson and Derek Robertson in the seventies  and onwards with Main, Encks, Mannus etc

Roy McLaren, Billy Taylor, Ian Ower also good goalkeepers

....Euan McLean

I'd forgotten about him. An unfortunate time.

We have had a lot of good keepers over the years. Of the ones I've seen I would rate Main the highest, then Enks, then Mannus.

Enkckleman is a bit of a forgotten man at Saints - I would still argue he was a better keeper than Mannus, although I understand why he lost his place.

Edited by monkfish

Not sure if he was better than Mannus, but he was a very good keeper who unfortunately had his reputation tarnished by a horrendous preformance on that Semi v Motherwell.  I agree with you that he quickly seemed to be forgotten, although that's probably testament to how good Mannus is, and certainly wasn't the bombscare that some on here claim.

Unfortunate but I think goalkeepers generally are remembered more for their mistakes rather than their great saves. Jim Donaldson was undoubtedly a great keeper but his trundling goal kicks along the ground straight to an opposing forward and the times he came out of his box when on retrospect he shouldn't have are forever in my mind.