Saints v Partick Th. 17th Oct

The ghost of Jim Morton

Not gonna get too upset with the result. A lack in concentration a couple of times in a half where we created enough chances to win a few games.

Still thought we would claw the 2 goals back and if it wasn't for a horrendous decision from the officials we would of.  

I just don't know what to make of spoony.  I know players can lose a bit of confidence but after the three games before, everyone must be buzzing. I don't know if he makes one mistake, he just doesn't recover but some of his decision making leaves a lot to be desired.  He is much more affective playing the simple ball in my opinion but he's the type of player when on his game, you pay your money to watch. Lost count in the second half when he gave the ball away needlessly. 

Hopefully he gets back to his best before the manager loses patience with him. 

Not too despondent this morning. Felt that the first half we didn't play well, too slow, midfield had no bite. We stood too far back from them and let them have too much space. Wotherspoon had a bad game and should have been hooked earlier. Cummins could have done better but he did play a big part in our equaliser. Big improvement when MOH came on. Did think we could have gone on to equalise or even win. Macca always a threat. Still not convinced that Sutton will bring anything to the team,he is a good player but I struggled to see how he fits into our play. Would have preferred to have seen Kane on. Our midfield was not its usual commanding,closing down unit. Hopefully Midgey will be back soon. As to the officials, like many on here it pisses me off that linesmen so many times wait to see what the ref indicates first before they flag. The mainstand linesman missed the fact that their goalie quite clearly carried the ball over the line on at least two occasions. And then there was that dreadful handball incident which very clearly was in the box. Never mind, looking out the warm jacket for next weekends trip to ICT.

Some real knee-jerk reactions on here. I actually thought it was a decent game.   Not our best performance of the season, but we could have got something from the game.  Nothing to get too down about overall.  As others have said we've played worse and won.

I agree dude

While I'll concede that Partick scored with 2 great strikes both were completely unavoidable, not some great bit of skill (other than the shots themselves) that made that chance just really poor defending. While I really like Wotherspoon he either needs more support or needs to work on his defensive qualities. He made a great tackle during the run up to the first goal but failed to prevent the cross due to running around in a circle but the first goal want's all his fault, their big lump tried to clear the ball of us and we couldn't get the ball away from the box effectively enough.

The fault for the second goal has to lay at the feet of Lapin, no excuse to not tracking your man....even if he's faster than you at least make an effort to catch him or don't get so close in the first place.

Both goals were just representative of what seemed a very lethargic first half, something that has been present too often this season.

2nd half I feel we did enough to get something from the game and their keeper had some fantastic saves which on another day we would have scored. Cummins, although pertty much out of the game,  still managed to produce an assist and very nearly scored. He's got to be one of Tommy's most successful signings.

Also a quick note on the kid's meal deal. Can't complain at all, good idea and hope they make it available throughout the stadium.