Morton v Saints. LC QF Tue 27th OCT

The ghost of Jim Morton

Can't wait for this game, whether I'm there or not. Morton fans on P&B saying their left back is an 18 year old whos atrocious defensively, and his cover might be the completely immobile Ross Forbes (who scored that screamer against us for Motherwell in our first game back up). General consensus is their manager keeps picking the  wrong side and never moves from a 4-4-2. Assume Mackay is out after his red an the fact we're not appealing it?

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Anderson - Scobbie - Easton

Davidson - Craig

O'Halloran - Wotherspoon - Cummins

MacLean

Or same variant of the same eleven for me. Unless Wotherspoon still isnt feeling up to it, in which case I'd bring in one of Lappin, Caddis or Kane

Can't wait for this game, whether I'm there or not. Morton fans on P&B saying their left back is an 18 year old whos atrocious defensively, and his cover might be the completely immobile Ross Forbes (who scored that screamer against us for Motherwell in our first game back up). General consensus is their manager keeps picking the  wrong side and never moves from a 4-4-2. Assume Mackay is out after his red an the fact we're not appealing it?

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Anderson - Scobbie - Easton

Davidson - Craig

O'Halloran - Wotherspoon - Cummins

MacLean

Or same variant of the same eleven for me. Unless Wotherspoon still isnt feeling up to it, in which case I'd bring in one of Lappin, Caddis or Kane

Does red in league matches count for cup games and vice versa cup reds stop a player playing in the next league match

Does red in league matches count for cup games and vice versa cup reds stop a player playing in the next league match

I'm thinking that the Dave misses the next league match but will be available for the Morton game. Someone will confirm.

Cuptie missing that ridic plastic pitch at Ham not such a bad thing

I think Mackay will be suspended for 2 matches, starting right away. I'm not sure if a red card in the league takes affect in a cup match however.

To the match - as well as the enforced change (which I imagine will be Mackay out for Easton) I'd probably look to bring in Craig for Lappin on the left and perhaps Wotherspoon for Fisher. Craig always seems to do well for us in cup ties against lower league opposition and Wotherspoon is a more attacking option than Fisher in midfield.

It was good that a few of our potential starting 11 for Tuesday got a bit of a break at the weekend. Wotherspoon out of the squad all together, Craig and Easton started on the bench, MOH, Cummins and Maclean all subbed off with plenty of the game to spare as well. Wright's squad management is improving all the time for us. Wasn't too keen on the starting line up on Saturday for various reasons, but we managed to win the game and kept a clean sheet.

Think I'll be heading along to this, already looking forward to it. Hopefully better than the shitefest from a couple of years back!!

I believe Mannus, Mackay, Muzz, MOH and Mclean are the first names on the team sheet and TW builds the rest of the team around them that leaves a choice of players for the remaining positions.

Right back Joe or Fisher I would keep Joe in

Centre defence Scobbie or Ando for me it would be Ando every time

Left back Scobbie or Easton I would choose Easton as he very rarely let's the team dowm

Centre Mid Craig Wotherspoon Lapin or Fisher I would give Craig a run out I think he deserves it on past performances

Left Mid Craig or Lappin I would play Lappin as Craig is in Centre

Forward Cummins Kane or Sutton for me Cummins is the player in form so I would play him

Team

Mannus

Joe Makay Ando Easton

MOH Muzz Craig Lappin

McLeam Cummins