Dundee Utd v Saints. 21st Nov 2015. 3pm K-O

The ghost of Jim Morton

Well that was another grand away day following the Saints. Another display of great strength and character ( especially as the performance was not one of their best) after coming back from a goal down and winning our record equaling 6th away match on the bounce. This is one of the best Saints squads I have ever seen. They give everything for each other. Muzz was a machine out there today. I thought the ref was awful  Saints 14 fouls.. Dundee utd 16 fouls.. he was inconsistent, I thought  McGowan was harshly booked for a dive when it looked like it might be a pen from where I was looking. He also got a huge amount of simple calls wrong for both sides. How he managed to book 5 Saints players is beyond me. For our penalty, I thought he got it right . Not sure if he got rankins booking right?? Was there cover?? I am keen to see it again  and then we come to The wee d*** who invaded the pitch and then refused to come off was the only downside of an otherwise braw day.  I can understand the joy of a goal making some run onto the pitch but FFS , do it and fuck off back as quickly as you can. .   Do us a favour laddie.. don't come back. Well done Tommy, well done Saints..

Engaging game but not great quality. Utd look far tougher and better organised than I've seen them for a while, if they keep battling like that I'd expect them to start getting points on the board. 

Murray Davidson was a warrior today. A god. A warrior god. A god of warriors.

Millar great too, especially after so few games. MOH always a threat but Christ just play the ball across.. So many times a touch too many or wants to beat the defender one more time. Such a great player to have but he should have three times the number of assists he does.

Mannus and three of the defenders were excellent.. Joe so so.

Great goal for Kane, and never stopped working but he needs to improve his hold up play as he lost it a lot. He was fouled often and not given but I thought he got knocked over far too easily as well and needs to work on that a bit. Maclean and Cummins are so good at it that hopefully he learns off them.

Enjoyable day in Dundee as ever. Great Saints support today. 

We're gonna win the league!

I agree with everything you said apart from Millar he has been a great servant but I think he is passed his best. Yes he did break up play at times but he too often slows play up, he passes the ball backwards and sidewards very rarely forward and he takes too many touches. Some may say he is keeping possession but this scoring team is built on fast flowing football our goals came from two quick breaks down the right MOH winning a corner for the first and the second from another MOH cross which Joe missed but Muzz put away.

I agree with everything you said apart from Millar he has been a great servant but I think he is passed his best. Yes he did break up play at times but he too often slows play up, he passes the ball backwards and sidewards very rarely forward and he takes too many touches. Some may say he is keeping possession but this scoring team is built on fast flowing football our goals came from two quick breaks down the right MOH winning a corner for the first and the second from another MOH cross which Joe missed but Muzz put away.

Was today not his first game back from injury ffs?

Disagree. Millar is far from past it. He's definitely needed in the middle. Last seasons POTY but has been unlucky with injury so far this season and still has plenty to offer.

Disagree. Millar is far from past it. He's definitely needed in the middle. Last seasons POTY but has been unlucky with injury so far this season and still has plenty to offer.

Thought he had a decent game.! OK it might take him a wee while to get up to speed.I am always happy too see him on the list.! I am sure a few folk said the same of Macca and have since recanted.!LAUGH OUT LOUD

worst post ive read in a while. Millar just back from injury . in the last 10 mins he calmed things down an kept possesion when we were under pressure. unlike guys like Moh who ran the ball out of play or lost possesion providing the opposition with more chances

Well done today saints was always going to be tough ! A great 3points and to the wee f@@ny that went on the pitch don't come back we don't need t@ts like you

the 1st dude who went on was an idiot but why did the stewards make no attempt to get him off? he clearly wanted a chase in front of his school mates. by the time they came to get him he was embarrassed by the boos an walked away red faced

It was an exciting game today. Alan Mannus did a couple of Peter Fumblemans but he surely made amends.! Great team effort over an Arab side who showed a bit of Sand.! My only complaint is that sometimes Saints are over elabourite in front of goal..! Same as it always was.!

Today was the first game I have attended in a while as my own football was cancelled. Not the greatest in terms of quality but a thoroughly entertaining game.

Today showed how that MOH still has a lot to learn, when to realeas the ball, when not to dribble, and just to show some composure at times. So exciting to watch tho. And Kano is coming along great, good wee player, good young talent both of them.

I can understand the point you make about MOH, however in the first half he put two outstanding balls across the 6 yard box having beat his man and each there was no one gambling on the ball going there - Wotherspoon and MacLean the guilty parties I think. Thereafter I agree he tended to hit the byline and make unsuccessful attempt to dribble into the box but I don't understand with the consistency he beats his man why others aren't automatically getting in the 6 yard box on such occasions.

Also agree about Kane a much improved display compared to what I witness in the past - it's a shame Caddis doesn't seem to be following suit.

Nonsense. You can't play gung-ho football for 90 mins. I think we have great balance throughout our team - wingers who can run and break at the opposition, centre forwards who can bully defenders and link play, a centre mid in Muzz who covesr a lot of ground a wins the ball back in areas he has no right to do so. Millar continues to control games in the middle of the park attempting to dictate the pace of the play and supply others - do the basics for those around him. I actually don't think he had his best game, understandably having not played for so long. In the last 10 mins were crying out for composure, struggling to keep the ball; instead trying to beat our men or play the long ball to Sutton (who I've not been impressed with whenever I've seen him in a saints shirt) - Millar looked the only one in our team who had the composure to slow the play down and keep the ball at that time.

the 1st dude who went on was an idiot but why did the stewards make no attempt to get him off? he clearly wanted a chase in front of his school mates. by the time they came to get him he was embarrassed by the boos an walked away red faced

I think you may have answered your own question there 541:wink:. The three that got lifted were screaming like wee weans when they got marched off with the Police, I wonder what they would have been like if the Polis had actually marched them out with the old polis arm lock up the back,           

Over exuberant boys making an arse of themselves. Happens. They're there to support Saints, I'd give them another chance.

inchcolm, you must be on the windup. 

MOH had his worst game of the season and he was still dangerous. I would not say that proves anything. You have nine good game and your tenth isn't good, that does not mean you have a lot to learn, that means you had an off day. 

Sensational again from the Saintees, we're ****ing dynamite. 

great day out great win great team- is 10points too much to make up?

Mixu has turned Utd around played some nice 1touch passing. tho the Kenny Sheils tactic of getting the keeper to pass to the nearest defender was suicidal esp when they were marked.

need to see the McGowan incident again an felt whoever took down Kane should have walked.

Ando was a rock Muzz was a battleaxe Kano never gave up despite the Utd defence bullying him

Gutsy display and big plus for Midgey's return and Kano continuing to make the most of his game time opportunity. Midgey defended too deep in the first half which gave Rankin and Soutar too much freedom but was understandable after his lay off. However he got up to speed as game progressed and was back to hounding them down and taking the ball of them. Great to have him back. Murray took a few really sore ones but gave an awesome display and must have covered every blade of grass. Spoony took a bad knock and tried to run it off but should have come off sooner as he clearly couldn't run at full speed. This is the best squad for many a year and a top 3 is definitely achievable.  COYS