Dundee Utd v Saints. 21st Nov 2015. 3pm K-O

The ghost of Jim Morton

I'd love to go back to those days. Used to love trips to Tannadice, East End, Brockville and the like.

This Saints team are may be achieving great things, but our fanbase are so much more conservative now than ever. 

My mate's an Arab. Originally from Blair, but lives in Perth. He takes his kids along to a lot of the Saints games, taking advantage of the £15 Ormond Stand deal.
He has said though - "try as I might, I just canny get to supporting Saints. They're now my home team and I'm happy to take the kids along and for them to be fans and future supporters in later life. I canny though - they're just too fvcking NICE!"

He probably added the word "ged" at the end, too.

Pricing for the match:

Info for away supporters:

The St Johnstone  support is allocated the Jim McLean Fair Play Stand upper and lower tiers and admission is by paying at the turnstiles.

Prices:

Lower Tiers:

£19 – Adults
£10 – Concessions (U18s / 65s and over / FTS)

Upper Tiers:

£21 – Adults
£12 – Concessions (U18s, 65s and over)

Bollox to spending £40 + travel and food for me and my two boys. I'll take them to Jeanfield's scottish cup game.

Pricing for the match:

Info for away supporters:

The St Johnstone  support is allocated the Jim McLean Fair Play Stand upper and lower tiers and admission is by paying at the turnstiles.

Prices:

Lower Tiers:

£19 – Adults
£10 – Concessions (U18s / 65s and over / FTS)

Upper Tiers:

£21 – Adults
£12 – Concessions (U18s, 65s and over)

Bollox to spending £40 + travel and food for me and my two boys. I'll take them to Jeanfield's scottish cup game.

Just been on the phone to the Utd ticket office and was quoted £21 for an adult and £12 each for the kids as we'd be upstairs...perhaps downstairs is sold out. 

My 2 older boys are really getting into football now and was hoping to give them a taste of what away days are like (even though Dundee is more of a home game for us now) but £24 is way to much for kids their age. I'll save my money and give it to Saints.

feel the same as this, not going and not paying is the only protest  I have against this pricing.

Sure Partick Th and Inverness do it as well and only offer deals to their own kids.

Utd fan comes to Perth with two U12 s , cheapest price for all 3 is £15

I go to Utd with 2 U12 s , cheapest price for us all is £39.

Almost no point moaning about it though, I ll probably just miss the game and not go.

If it is in fact £3 for kids I ll go but I m fairly sure it's not.

Sure this could be proved illegal if challenged.

Treating fans of two teams attending the same venue differently needs to be taken up with the Governing bodies, to enable them to put this matter right.

If no joy, take further.

Sure this could be proved illegal if challenged.

Treating fans of two teams attending the same venue differently needs to be taken up with the Governing bodies, to enable them to put this matter right.

If no joy, take further.

Rule I32.2 of the SPFL explicitly excludes concession pricing from the overall rule (I31) that states all fans should pay the same for equivalent seats. 

I guess on the flipside, if you don't have kids,  £19 would be a great price to see Saints increasing their goal difference into double figures.

Just been on the phone to the Utd ticket office and was quoted £21 for an adult and £12 each for the kids as we'd be upstairs...perhaps downstairs is sold out. 

My 2 older boys are really getting into football now and was hoping to give them a taste of what away days are like (even though Dundee is more of a home game for us now) but £24 is way to much for kids their age. I'll save my money and give it to Saints.

This sort of post breaks my heart; great opportunity to get kids really enthused about following their team especially when we are sure to have a good support on the back of recent form at an away match. Why common sense can't be used to try and help dads get their kids along always saddens me.

I agree over £40 for a Dad and two young kids is stupid.

I remember arguing with one of the turnstile operators and stewards a couple of seasons ago at Dens when it transpired that the home fans kids were getting in for a fiver yet away fans were being charged double for the crime of bringing your child to the football. It's about time the SFA looked into this sort of stuff instead of sucking up to the old firm. 

What I do is just pass over the amount it is for a concession (£10) if the turnstile operator says anything oh sorry I thought that was a £20.

so do I Ed, but can't see it working very well when you have a couple of kids with you unless you look like their grandad!!!

A few of us just driving up on Saturday to get up and down  the road quickly, will get on the train with the Peebles crowd soon hopefully 

What I do is just pass over the amount it is for a concession (£10) if the turnstile operator says anything oh sorry I thought that was a £20.

Or just go into the Utd end early and then tell the steward that you've gone into the wong end by mistake. They'll take you round to the right end. Not that I've ever done that.....

Potential banana skin this one, but think Saints will edge it 3-2.

Match referee Craig Thomson.

I agree. Saints can win this but we better be up for it from the get go. I expect Utd to be scrapping hard and close up the midfield. Muzz will be key in the this game, Spoony needs to get his sleeves rolled up for a battle, this is why I think having Millar back will be key.

I'll take a one nil.