Paris

THE REBEL SAINT

Monty, I don't get it either.They were only having a night out or at the football just like we all do. I've been to Paris for a weekend and not only is it a beautiful city, the people were very warm and friendly.  We found the stereotype of them being rude all wrong. Such a shame.

Sad times.

I'm pretty sure us bombing the shit out of the middle east etc in the name of ''justice'' has nothing to do with this at all... Wouldn't surprise me if this was entirely orchestrated by the West and Israel so we can march on in to Syria now.

We are on the same page saintj, Cameron wanting to go out with a bang his thatcher moment.

Its a no win situation for France here, they have to be seen to respond, so what do they do?

- bomb Syria/ISIS more - which increases conflict in the middle east, increases ISIS angst/more, more refugees?

- start rounding up anyone in France who is a 'potential' threat, creates animosity with moderates / non violent people who could be more easily influenced by extreme preachers and increases their domestic threat.

-------

So on top of this Marine Le Pen takes more power, creating a stronger right wing movement, driving a larger divide between all groups.

And tourism to France plummets, hurting an already fragile ecomony, driving increased unemployment and further platform for hatred groups, right wing/extreme preachers to develop more 'soldiers'

This could spiral into something more severe here that could have a knock on effect for all of Europe.

So what to do? 

For a country with strict gun controls, its meaningless if they have borders with European countries that don't or people have free access across Europe and can walk into France with AK47's and bombs.

If I was French leadership right now, would my only solution be to take control of my borders again? At least in the short-term. 

I get your point Texas.  I'm not sure that border controls are any more of a solution though.  The border clashes created by the influx of refugees, and now by this attack turn what is a borderless terrorist organisation's fight against non-extremists into a nation v nation conflict.  It isn't about countries.  If it becomes about countries, it becomes about taking sides, and it becomes a world war, and then everybody is ****ed.  That's playing right into ISIS's hands.

The war on terror has only created more terrorists, who respond to attricities perpetrated by our (uk/usa/european) governments and their allies (isreal's attack is defence stance) with cowardly acts seen in Paris this weekend.

Almost impossible to prevent, unless you want every street corner to look like Belfast in the 80's

Difficult to counter, net result would just be more radicalised lunatics using it as justification for their actions, and a one way ticket to paradise.

Idk

The war on terror has only created more terrorists, who respond to attricities perpetrated by our (uk/usa/european) governments and their allies (isreal's attack is defence stance) with cowardly acts seen in Paris this weekend.

Almost impossible to prevent, unless you want every street corner to look like Belfast in the 80's

Difficult to counter, net result would just be more radicalised lunatics using it as justification for their actions, and a one way ticket to paradise.

Idk

This is the crux of it.  As long as our governments in the West continue to be dictated to by a country who seem to thrive on starting wars all over the globe, then extremists will carry out attacks like these.  

Idk

Whats the next move though if you were Hollande. I can't see how any action doesn't play into the hands of ISIS.

If the 'west' doesn't respond (unlikely), even pulls out of all middle east conflict, do the attacks actually stop or is this bed well and truly made ?

It's high time other Arab countries got involved in sorting out ISIS and all the other vermin, this cannot be done by the West and Russia on its own.

If this had happened in Tel Aviv on Friday ISIS would already be smashed to smithereens.

I hope Sturgeon and Yousaf have done proper checks on the plane load of Syrians that are due to land in Glasgow on Thursday or will it be a game of refugee roulette.