Muirton Park ballboys

guisboroughsaintee

Old Saintee's should remember the day jimmy got sent off cause he balled his eyes out and was unconsolable for half an hour and the crowd let the referee know I will never forget it 

I must be getting old. I cant remember if I was at the game or someone telt me about it.!  I wonder if jimmy was still around for May 17th 2014.! Hope So.! Talking of Characters the McDiarmid Groundsman is working himself into the frame.!LAUGH OUT LOUD

I vaguely remember him picking the ball up before it had went out of play in a game round about the early eighties, maybe some of the older posters on here can tell us who it was against. 

That wasn't Jimmy, it was one of the more regular aged ballboys (ie youngster).  I think the game may have been against Celtic, I have vague recollection of Archie Knox in Celtic dugout.  Anyway as you say ball picked up from edge of pitch before crossing line by ballboy, resulting in drop ball.

I must be getting old. I cant remember if I was at the game or someone telt me about it.!  I wonder if jimmy was still around for May 17th 2014.! Hope So.! Talking of Characters the McDiarmid Groundsman is working himself into the frame.!LAUGH OUT LOUD

Wearing his Hibs socks when we had Hibs at home - that's no character in my eyes, that's a traitor.  And he's not much good as a groundsman either.

That wasn't Jimmy, it was one of the more regular aged ballboys (ie youngster).  I think the game may have been against Celtic, I have vague recollection of Archie Knox in Celtic dugout.  Anyway as you say ball picked up from edge of pitch before crossing line by ballboy, resulting in drop ball.

I don't recall Archie Knox being at Sellick.

I do recall Jimmy getting a telling off from a ref and being in tears.

I don't recall Archie Knox being at Sellick.

I do recall Jimmy getting a telling off from a ref and being in tears.

you're right, it must have been when he was manager at Dundee, getting muddled!  I used to help take the patients from Hillside Hospital and they sat next to the away dugout at Muirton.  I just recall Knox's colourful language - as a youngster I'd never heard anything like it!

you're right, it must have been when he was manager at Dundee, getting muddled!  I used to help take the patients from Hillside Hospital and they sat next to the away dugout at Muirton.  I just recall Knox's colourful language - as a youngster I'd never heard anything like it!

What exactly IS colourful language?

• 5 years later...
2 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Sad to see on twitter that Jimmy passed away recently. What a character. Watching him hare off round the cinder track if the ball was blasted out of the ground. Never failed to make me smile. Nice touch to see he got a mention on the clubs official twitter feed. RIP Jimmy.

Memories. RIP Jimmy.

Be interesting if there are any of the ballboys he Managed on here.

On 11/17/2015 at 2:03 AM, guisboroughsaintee said:

Can't really remember who else was there at the time but do remember the training sessions on North Inch,on the pitch up near what I think was Perth Artisans Golf Club. I do remember doing the main stand touchline ice rink end once against Celtic because they ripped the pish out of me cause my boots were about 3 sizes too big and the toes had all curled up.

Haha brought a tear tae the eye, still chucking

On 3/22/2021 at 12:22 PM, cristo said:

Me

On 3/22/2021 at 10:42 AM, Cagey said:

Memories. RIP Jimmy.

Be interesting if there are any of the ballboys he Managed on here.

Yes I was a ballboy when Jimmy was there 1st game was against the current buns. I remember Greig calling me a little cnut for taking too long to get the ball because Saints were winning

• 1 month later...