Ross County v Saints 5th Dec 2016

The ghost of Jim Morton

Stats don't always tell the story though, Having watched the game it was fairly obvious that Ross County had us pinned back in our own half. Then again we made it fairly easy for them to do so by sitting in and inviting pressure. This may sound weird considering we scored 3 goals but the first was extremely flukey and the other 2 were brilliant goals! On a different day the result could have very easily went the other way. Of course I'm happy with the 3 points but we really rode our luck in my opinion.

Ive seen us completely over run teams before and come away with nothing. Look at the Partick game. Two unbelievable strikes from thistle and a number of howlers from the officials and we end up with nowt.  A bit of luck today maybe, but I'll take it every time. 

The key for me is the +9 goal difference.  I know we've conceded more than usual, but I don't remember us having +9 difference for many a year.

I understand where Random Guy is coming from, I was raging after the first game against hearts 4-3 thinking, here we f***ing go again, last seasons frustrations all over again, but, as the weeks / months have gone on the difference for me this season is, there's a quiet confidence about the team / club / support, that if we go a goal down or a team comes back at us that we will score again and go on and win. THAT just wasn't there last season. I would be panicked if we weren't scoring so freely from positions and players all over the pitch. It gives teams nightmares, who the hell do they mark, and cover runs from. 

Great days. 

Ive seen us completely over run teams before and come away with nothing. Look at the Partick game. Two unbelievable strikes from thistle and a number of howlers from the officials and we end up with nowt.  A bit of luck today maybe, but I'll take it every time. 

Of course you'd take it who wouldn't! My main point in the previous post was just that I felt we were rather negative today that's all. We don't usually sit in the way we did today and invite so much pressure onto ourselves well at least not this season anyway. It's a really good result at a very tough place to go.

The first goal wasn't flukey. It was great perseverance from Spoony. I can't agree that we were second best and definitely deserved the win. Thought we defended alright bar the first goal which was poor.

I agree it was good perseverance but that ball could have literally went anywhere after hitting him, He got a block on it and luckily it bounced off him into the back of the net. I welcome your opinion and I'm only here to share mine the same as everybody else, They had countless opportunities from very good deliveries into the box. I can remember Boyce missing 2 very good chances from headers in the second half along with Irvine, Murdoch also missing in the first half as I said previously we rode our luck at times and you need that thanks for your response though much appreciated.

I agree it was good perseverance but that ball could have literally went anywhere after hitting him, He got a block on it and luckily it bounced off him into the back of the net. I welcome your opinion and I'm only here to share mine the same as everybody else, They had countless opportunities from very good deliveries into the box. I can remember Boyce missing 2 very good chances from headers in the second half along with Irvine, Murdoch also missing in the first half as I said previously we rode our luck at times and you need that thanks for your response though much appreciated.

If it goes in the net off you arse once in 1000 attempts, it's still worth doing, and all credit to the player who does it, because it's far easier to stay deep and wait for the ball to come to you.

Speaking of stats, one thing I have noticed quite consistently this season (and I accept I'm relying on what the BBC report, although I think the match stats are a universal thing for all outlets) is that we give away less fouls that the opposition.

18-6 in fouls today.  

I would take that as an indication of being a better technical footballing side, but maybe that's reading too much into it.

Cracking result!

i didn't think we sat in first half, just that we punted it long far too much and couldn't get much going.  County looked good going forward and were unfortunate to be 2-0 down at half time.

second half we kept it on the ground and were in total control until they sneaked their first, after which the equaliser looked inevitable.  

Fair play to this Saints team though, to push on and win after that kind of adversity is brilliant,  what a spirit.

O'Halloran was quiet today, he's going chasing the game inside far too often and when we look to get it wide he's often not there to pass to.  Fair play to him he kept going though and his run set up the free kick winner.  Macca had a good game, along with Spoony.  Thought both full backs played really well.  Centre halves did okay but Boyce is a great striker, a real handful.

long trip but well worth it, let's get a good crowd at home next Sunday as our march to the title gathers momentum!! 

Just saw the goals, spoony did really well to close the keeper down for the first one, not as much luck involved as I thought from the radio. The second was a beauty, but the keeper got about 2 inches off the ground.  If we'd conceded that I'd have been raging at Mannus.  Dave's free kick was a peach, but what the wall and 'keeper were doing I do not know.  It went in nearly the middle of the goal.

Give me 3-2 wins all season long... Isn't that what fans dream of? Never mind clean sheets and all that gash, goals galore and wins to boot, it doesn't get any better..

We are witnessing something very special this season, a squad that no matter who starts in the 11 can produce, it really is incredible stuff..

Speaking of stats, one thing I have noticed quite consistently this season (and I accept I'm relying on what the BBC report, although I think the match stats are a universal thing for all outlets) is that we give away less fouls that the opposition.

the BBC stats are total pish, i watch the action on bet365 and the bookies have completely different figures

The resilience of this team cannot be underestimated.  To win 7 away games on the bounce is special and would be the envy of teams across Europe.  Cannot understand all the focus on the fact we conceded 2 goals.  Let's enjoy this special time to be a Saintee and remember the fans who are not lucky enough to be here to witness the good times!

The resilience of this team cannot be underestimated.  To win 7 away games on the bounce is special and would be the envy of teams across Europe.  Cannot understand all the focus on the fact we conceded 2 goals.  Let's enjoy this special time to be a Saintee and remember the fans who are not lucky enough to be here to witness the good times!

How lucky we are. A team that gets pissed together for 3 days fights for each other.

Nicely said and yes i totally agree we are very lucky to be the group of saints fans able to witness it, whatever happens in the future i win never forget the day we won the scottish cup!!..even now cant believe we won it

A great win today again for St.Johnstone. That's now a record 7 away wins on the trot. The boys never know when to give up. Great finish to the game with Super Daves brilliant free kick. Had a great day out with my fellow saintees on the Barossa bus . Thanks to the Dochertys driver who dealt really well with some hellish conditions on the way up and doon. I am so happy tonight and yet it's tinged with great sadness at the passing of Les Murison and then today, the great Willie Coburn, as well as two other Saintees who I did not know. That win was for them. Gone but NEVER forgotten

Give me 3-2 wins all season long... Isn't that what fans dream of? Never mind clean sheets and all that gash, goals galore and wins to boot, it doesn't get any better..

We are witnessing something very special this season, a squad that no matter who starts in the 11 can produce, it really is incredible stuff..

that's how I seeing it