Ross County v Saints 5th Dec 2016

The ghost of Jim Morton

Nah can't agree with this, by moving MOH up top into a 4-4-2 I feel you completely nullify MOH's effectiveness/threat over a game, we all know how effective he is when he picks the ball up on the right side and is moving forward at pace against defenders.  Playing him up to is just not playing to his strengths imo.  However I do agree with you about players being able to drift between formations.

Like it or not he's becoming predictable on the right, and Dundee managed to completely kill his style in the last game, that was down to instructions from Hartley, not the fact we "didnt get the ball to him enough". Switching him about will keep teams guessing, and he's shown that in away games when teams come at us more then he's a threat through the middle. Rangers, Accies and ICT away games instantly come to my mind as games where hes played central either all game or for a chunk of it and looked just as dangerous. 

Like it or not he's becoming predictable on the right, and Dundee managed to completely kill his style in the last game, that was down to instructions from Hartley, not the fact we "didnt get the ball to him enough". Switching him about will keep teams guessing, and he's shown that in away games when teams come at us more then he's a threat through the middle. Rangers, Accies and ICT away games instantly come to my mind as games where hes played central either all game or for a chunk of it and looked just as dangerous. 

completely killed his style in the last game, predictable on the right.   I must have been watching a different game then when he effortlessly glided past a couple of defenders to cut the ball back to Spoony for him to score............  :confused:

Hamilton. 

completely killed his style in the last game, predictable on the right.   I must have been watching a different game then when he effortlessly glided past a couple of defenders to cut the ball back to Spoony for him to score............  :confused:

Both points are correct in my opinion. 

Dundee cancelled Mikey out, but at the expense of their own shape and attacking threat.  However, Mikey proved how difficult it is to take him out of the game, but getting through them on 4 or 5 occasions.  That's why he demands so much attention from the opposition.

In the first half, second half he was anonymous and was eventually moved central by a manager who saw the same thing as me. Teams will start doing what Dundee done more and more often.

In the first half, second half he was anonymous and was eventually moved central by a manager who saw the same thing as me. Teams will start doing what Dundee done more and more often.

I disagree. It is us that's nullifying MOH's threat by playing 90% of our football down the left. As TW said we need to get the ball to him more often. Watch him he comes short and he spins in behind but instead of giving him the ball we play it back or over to the left. And that is what teams want. Just give him the ball any see what happens if he is as good as we believe he is he should be able to cope with tight marking. I am sure TW will rectify the problem of not getting the ball to him and we will witness this tomorrow.

Maybe we need to give more credit to dundee though they're not winning there dam hard to beat .......I dont think any other team will have the same tactical play or be able to copy it...

O'Halloran was quiet second half against Dundee but I actually throught he took a knock. End of the second half he and Holt went into a thumping challenge and I said at the time I didn't think Mikey would come back out. He did but he never seemed interested. I also didn't think that pitch helped him - it's hard to dribble on and get any speed up.

Quite worried about County. They are quick on the break and our success this season had been playing 2 strikers up top away. I suspect he'll go one up top tomorrow so could be tough. 

No trains travelling north due to flooding. replacement bus service  instead.

This from train driver Craig...

Any saints fans getting the train up today? There are no trains from perth to Inverness until at least 2 o'clock due to flooding at Kingussie. There is a replacement bus service running and they hope to have trains on again later