Saints v Celtic Sun 13th Dec 12.30pm K-O

The ghost of Jim Morton

We can win this. We have the players , we have the character, we have the belief, we have the manager, we have the desire.

Ken what, lets just fucking do it, lets win this one for the little guys, the underdogs, the underestimated. Lets go out there  and lets  work like we have never worked before, lets fight with every sinew in our bodies, lets puff out our chests, stand up  and be counted. Lets not be bullied,  have no fear and  lets show the watching public what St.Johnstone, our wee team, are capable of.

Lets  get fucking intae them. We are Perth.

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

They will be back after a long journey & hammering in Turkey so hopefully that will have an effect on them.

Hope we do not give them too much respect as that is what most Scottish clubs do & they are beat before they start.

Their defence is the weekday part of the team & their goalie hates crosses so let's have a go. We have points in the bag.

Should say weakest not weekday.

Once Celtic sell their allocation then ALL ticket sales stop apparently.  So for those on the swither, don't leave it too late in the week or you might miss out.

The way we've been playing, the team deserve a big home support for this one; celtic have a trip to Turkey on Thursday as well so it could be a great chance for us. Let's get right behind the boys and close the gap to 6 points!!

We'll never have a better opportunity to embarrass this mob, we're winning games in every possible situation while they flail about scraping things. Have to remember they face a trip to Turkey on the Thursday before the game aswell, although they may play a fringe team in that one.

I still remember the 4-1 pumping of Rangers at McD pretty clearly, and feel like we're due a similar result against Celtic at McDiarmid

Once Celtic sell their allocation then ALL ticket sales stop apparently.  So for those on the swither, don't leave it too late in the week or you might miss out.

The way we've been playing, the team deserve a big home support for this one; celtic have a trip to Turkey on Thursday as well so it could be a great chance for us. Let's get right behind the boys and close the gap to 6 points!!

Why is that then? So celtc "fans" dinnae just buy for the home end?

Get stuck in to that leaky defence. I sense a win on the cards for Saints. Will be able to vote for MoM as TV match though I still don't understand how the points scoring works ; )  

It's as simple as your tax return Athens

I reckon we'll get pumped.  I don't think our defence has the pace to deal with the thumb's movement.

In some ways it's a no loose situation for saints. If we win great, but if we loose then it's probably a game Tommy will have possibly written off. 

Personally, I see no reason why we shouldn't be beating them. We are on form and they are no great shakes. There's a great mentality in this group of players that even if we go a goal behind or are pegged back such as v county, we will keep plugging away and get something.

I can see Celtic focusing too much in MOH, which is great as he'll drag defenders away and we have plenty of others who can hurt them.

I can guarantee the media will be probing Diala about MOH all week and there will be all sorts of tricks to put him off his game.

A gritty Saints win and Tommy telling the media that O'halleron is too good for them after the game would do me.

It'll be an interesting job picking the team.  Like you say, Celtic may single out Mikey, or they may feel that they are good enough to deal with him in their normal shape.  

Setting up to allow Celtic possession and soak up the pressure will end in a humping.  We need to press all over the pitch and give them no time on the ball.  I'd start with Kane and Macca up top and Mikey and Craig out wide, and hope that Muzz and Millar play absolute blinders in the middle.

We could win this game, or we could get humped.  No different from usual against Celtic.

It'll be an interesting job picking the team.  Like you say, Celtic may single out Mikey, or they may feel that they are good enough to deal with him in their normal shape.  

Setting up to allow Celtic possession and soak up the pressure will end in a humping.  We need to press all over the pitch and give them no time on the ball.  I'd start with Kane and Macca up top and Mikey and Craig out wide, and hope that Muzz and Millar play absolute blinders in the middle.

We could win this game, or we could get humped.  No different from usual against Celtic.

what about spoony after his man of the match performance at the weekend he is also banging in goals at the moment hopefully Ando and zippy are available

Tickets for this game on sale yet?

Don't like going to games involving either cheek of the same arse that is the Twisted Sisters but I'm going to go this time. No reason we can't win this (somebody keep an eye on Sparky and we'll be alright) and with celtc playing in Europe on Thursday hopefully they'll be a bit jaded.

C.O.Y.S.

Reading these posts, don't know whether to worry we are getting a bit cocky, or whether this is justified self-confidence.

Fek it, I'm going for the second! This is the Golden Age, might as well enjoy it. Sunday will be a decent dress-rehearsal for the League Cup final, and another step towards the League title, Champions League next year, and 10 in a row by 2025.

(Hic).