Saints v Celtic Sun 13th Dec 12.30pm K-O

The ghost of Jim Morton

Tickets for this game on sale yet?

went on sale this morning.

regarding line up, I'd be surprised if it's not the same midfield and attack that started at Ross County.  He may be tempted with MOH through the middle though.

defensively Shaughnessy will go back to right back as I'm guessing Fisher is ineligible..?

Either Anderson and Mackay centre halves with Scobbie/ Easton at left back, or Mackay and Scobbie central if Ando is still struggling, with Easton at left back.

Still think saints thought process regarding fans is terrible, like wednesday a signing session for autographs in Tesco at 2-3 while all kids are at school and also thought this game could be a initiave to get more fans along before Christmas and charge £15 for adults £5 for concessions etc but no

Still think saints thought process regarding fans is terrible, like wednesday a signing session for autographs in Tesco at 2-3 while all kids are at school and also thought this game could be a initiave to get more fans along before Christmas and charge £15 for adults £5 for concessions etc but no

every team puts their prices up for the visit of celtic. . with the parent n child deal saints cant afford to drop any more prices. just be thankful you dont support hibs cos thats roughly what we have to pay to get in there

We'd have to offer that to both sets. Celtic always bring a decent payday so I'm with the club. You also have extra policing and stewarding costs to consider.

Really?

then how come Dundee United offer cheaper entrance for their young fans than for away fans?

the extra policing and stewarding cost is more than offset by the tv income.

a lot of folk don't like going to watch when either set of OF fans come to town, it's live on tv just before Christmas..  and we increase prices to our own fans.  You'll do well to convince me that this is actively Encouraging more Saints fans to get along to games.

I have to question Saints' decision making sometimes...

a game live on tv with a Sunday lunchtime kick off 12 days before Christmas..  And we bump East Stand tickets upto £26 !!!

Absolutely mental.  

We have to charge the same for home and away fans for adults. So to get the most money from Celtic we have to charge home fans an increased price.

Really?

then how come Dundee United offer cheaper entrance for their young fans than for away fans?

a lot of folk don't like going to watch when either set of OF fans come to town, it's live on tv just before Christmas..  and we increase prices to our own fans.  You'll do well to convince me that this is actively Encouraging more Saints fans to get along to games.

The ticket prices for kids doesn't have to be the same for home and away fans so what Dundee United do isn't against the rules.

We'd be best to encourage Saints fans to the other games and take advantage of the large travelling support Celtic have. Even if most will be travelling from Perth anyway. It's the other games that give a better example of what it's like week in week out. 

Really?

Nobody said it was encouraging more Saints fans, but if 3-4000 OF fans buy tickets, that's where the money is made. Not the couple of hundred of Saints fans paying at the gate. It's a good business decision by the club. 

TV income isn't paid on a game by game basis for league games so the extra match day cost isn't offset by tv revenue.

cutting the price to £15 would cost Saints £50k in ticket revenue from away fans alone.

Edited by Pat McGroin

I have to question Saints' decision making sometimes...

a game live on tv with a Sunday lunchtime kick off 12 days before Christmas..  And we bump East Stand tickets upto £26 !!!

Absolutely mental.  

totally agree with you. I've took my kids to nearly every home game this season for £15, due to the price going up to £26 I'll be watching it on the TV along with a few others most likely. I could easily afford the £26 but   Won't be going as I think adding £11 on because celtic r in town is outrageous.

Thought it was agreed a couple of seasons ago that Celtic got the east and North stand

That was for the game we beat them was it not? 2-1 under Lomas.

Think the outrage over that caused them to change back to giving them the two ends, the East should never be used by away fans

As a ST holder the price doesn't affect me, but if I was paying £15 at the gate all season for myself and two kids, I'd feel obliged to give something back and pay over the odds for ONE game, but then I'm a softy that way 

It's not over the odds. £26 for an adult and 2 kids is still bloody good value. 

As a ST holder the price doesn't affect me, but if I was paying £15 at the gate all season for myself and two kids, I'd feel obliged to give something back and pay over the odds for ONE game, but then I'm a softy that way 

Not just that way x

Edited by Dr Christmas Jones