Saints v Celtic Sun 13th Dec 12.30pm K-O

The ghost of Jim Morton

Been confirmed by Radford on P&B its been changed to a minutes applause as the Celtic fans can't be trusted to sit through a minutes silence respectfully, while our pre-match target practice will take place in front of the main stand, as too many balls get stolen when they go into the Celtic support.

The club website makes no mention of that being the reason for it being a minute's applause.  Please don't bring your P&B persona to WAP.

Been confirmed by Radford on P&B its been changed to a minutes applause as the Celtic fans can't be trusted to sit through a minutes silence respectfully, while our pre-match target practice will take place in front of the main stand, as too many balls get stolen when they go into the Celtic support.

do you actualy believe half of what you post? A minutes applause in recognition of his achievements is the best.

The shooting in was held at the main stand previously as the pitch was soft and it would protect the goalmouth. Oh and the match balls we use are down to 30 pound each now. 

I woke yesterday with the flu- bah!

Feeling really bad today; this will be test to go the match. I have a pretty long drive.

I'm thinking of going despite wifey's protestations. Perhaps some encouragement from my fellow Saintees will do the trick!

Fire away and be as blunt as you want.

Man-flu is a terrible thing, but you can't let that stop you from missing what promises to be a cracking match. Get your self in that car! 

Feeling really bad today; this will be test to go the match. I have a pretty long drive.

I'm thinking of going despite wifey's protestations. Perhaps some encouragement from my fellow Saintees will do the trick!

Imagine how you'd feel if we pumped them and you missed it.

How would everyone have us line up? I'd be tempted to drop Craig out for Kane and have a right go at the ****ers, they always leave huge gaping holes in the full back areas so pace on the wings could exploit the gloriously.

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Anderson - Mackay - Easton

O'Halloran - Muzz - Millar - Wotherspoon

MacLean - Kane

Wouldnt surprise me if Mikey was up top with Craig on the left though

Imagine how you'd feel if we pumped them and you missed it.

How would everyone have us line up? I'd be tempted to drop Craig out for Kane and have a right go at the ****ers, they always leave huge gaping holes in the full back areas so pace on the wings could exploit the gloriously.

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Anderson - Mackay - Easton

O'Halloran - Muzz - Millar - Wotherspoon

MacLean - Kane

Wouldnt surprise me if Mikey was up top with Craig on the left though

This is pretty much my line up but for some reason I think Scobbie might be good fit for our defence today

Tough team selection today. No doubt Scobbie is a better footballer than Ando, but Ando reads the game better and is much better in the air.

having two up top is essential imo to stop Celtic camping in our half.  Kane and Macca up top would be my choice, but that's asking Mikey and Spoony to put in a hell of a shift on the flanks.  The game could depend on how well they play both in attack and defensively. 

Cant wait now.

Edited by montrosesaintee

I'm thinking the team may be very similar to the one that played against Rangers. Really can't see us going with two up front so either Macca up front on his own or MOH going up top and Macca sitting slightly deeper. Wouldn't surprise me to see Scobbie start this one. Watched the 0-0 draw from May again yesterday and he was brought into that match ahead of Frazer Wright with the commentators talking about how he had started (and done well) in all the games against Celtic that season? I think we could actually see Shaughnessey drop out rather than one of the two centre halves so maybe: 

Mannus

MacKay Ando Scobbie Easton 

Wotherspoon Millar Davidson Craig

MacLean

O'Halloran

Or the usual back four with no Scobbie? I am one of those who thinks Shaughnessey looks more of a centre half than a right back. People say MacKay lacks pace so can't okay RB any more but he reads the game better than Joe and doesn't get turned anywhere near as often. 

Watch it on telly with a hot toddy and a duvet.