Inveralmond Brewery-Open Day 2015

HOODLUM65

The postbox restaurant ( old subclub) sells one of their lagers, called sunburst or something like that on tap. Have to say its one of the worse ive ever tasted 

I have to say I'm surprised at that, I've not tasted sunburst but tried and loved Lia Fail, Ossian and Thrappledouser.

I have to say I'm surprised at that, I've not tasted sunburst but tried and loved Lia Fail, Ossian and Thrappledouser.

Most of the lager drinkers in our party reverted to drinking bottled beers after trying it. Sunburst or whatever it was called was the only lager the postbox had on tap. At one point a few of us buggered off to the Old ship for a quick decent pint before our wifes noticed we were gone.

But saying that I not wanting to down a local brewery, im sure the lagers you mentioned above are decent. I quite fancy doing a tour of the place to see what else they offer. 

Lia Fail (ABV 4.7%) and Ossian (ABV 4.1%)  are available in bottles from Aldi for £1.49 each. Braw.

Notice the brewery have them at £1.50 on special offer on Sat.

DRINK RESPONSIBLY.:wink:

Most of the lager drinkers in our party reverted to drinking bottled beers after trying it. Sunburst or whatever it was called was the only lager the postbox had on tap. At one point a few of us buggered off to the Old ship for a quick decent pint before our wifes noticed we were gone.

But saying that I not wanting to down a local brewery, im sure the lagers you mentioned above are decent. I quite fancy doing a tour of the place to see what else they offer. 

Have to agree with you Chips, Sunburst is absolutely disgusting stuff.  Definitely up there with one of the worst lagers I've ever tasted.   I've tried Ossian which is pleasant enough, although not a lager. 

I actually quite like Sunburst. Good pint of it in The Green Room. It is more a Czech style pilsner than a "lager" (i.e. Tennents) I must admit,

I do drink beer rather than lager for the most, though, so perhaps that's why I enjoy it. A lager for the beer drinker.

What he said. Sunburst is one of my favourites. I suppose most folk would rather drink generic eurofizz like Tennants, Carling etc or it would be more widely on sale.

Good to see them doing well and offering discounts on the open day.

Lia Fail (ABV 4.7%) and Ossian (ABV 4.1%)  are available in bottles from Aldi for £1.49 each. Braw.

Notice the brewery have them at £1.50 on special offer on Sat.

DRINK RESPONSIBLY.:wink:

I notice that these are cheaper than buying directly from the brewery, even in Tesco/Asda it's cheaper than buying directly from Inveralmond brewery.

Trust Hoodlum, knows where the bargains are

Geezo, wondered when you were gonna rise to the bait. :laugh:

I'm saving my pennies towards your  Christmas prezzie that you mentioned in your PM to me.

I will make a special trip tomorrow to Miss Forsyth's in South Street, now that we don't have an Anne Summers. :wink:

Your secrets safe with me.

I was first in at 10am to buy a case for a mate and a good few for myself. Cannae beat Santas Swallie at this time of the year. Looking forward to drinking my Ooskabeer, pretty expensive, but a wee treat for Christmas day.

Bought casks in the past, good to have a brewery in the toon, that produces top quality products.