Tuesday Team Talk

Greylag

We had decided to carry on, but the Coronavirus Hub at PRI is right outside our studio and we've had to withdraw from live broadcasting at the moment.  I've had a few ideas though, so it might return occasionally in the interim - but it's all dependent on work - which sadly I'm still doing!

• 3 weeks later...

Why not take part in our next podcast. We've assembled an imaginary Saints squad and we want to hear your memories of each of them. Just choose which ones you want to do, then record a short piece on your phone. One recording per player. (If you are looking to download a recorder to your phone then I use Voice Record Pro which is pretty good – but there are loads available and free.)

You can do just one or you can do them all. You don't need to say as much about some as you may say about others, Don’t worry about “ums” or “ehms” or even having to redo bits, I’ll tidy it up. Rather than wait until you’ve done a few, can you email them as you finish them. I’ll piece them altogether.

• Then email the recordings to me at chairman@hrperth.co.uk and I’ll link and edit it into a listenable entity. Gie it laldy.

SQUAD 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hospital Radio Perth’s Tuesday Team Talk programme is looking for a new podcast sponsor.  The podcast is not one of the organisation’s core functions and therefore must self-finance to continue.  Sponsorship is for 1 year and will include the agreed sponsor message at the beginning, end and twice during the programme.

At only £100 for the entire year, you can ensure the future of the podcast and get your message across.  More details from chairman@hrperth.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 9:26 PM, Hospital Radio Perth said:

Paul Sturrock joins this week's Tuesday TeamTalk.   

This was such a great listen, thanks for posting - I'd highly recommend it to anyone who watched Saints during that time. Really fascinating insight into Sturrock's thoughts on the Saints players of what turned into a really enjoyable era for us. And I hadn't realised he'd often gone to Muirton Park in his younger days and had been at the Hamburg game. Also interesting to hear him comment that leaving Saints to go back to Dundee United was the biggest mistake of his career.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:13 AM, blueheaven said:

This was such a great listen, thanks for posting - I'd highly recommend it to anyone who watched Saints during that time. Really fascinating insight into Sturrock's thoughts on the Saints players of what turned into a really enjoyable era for us. And I hadn't realised he'd often gone to Muirton Park in his younger days and had been at the Hamburg game. Also interesting to hear him comment that leaving Saints to go back to Dundee United was the biggest mistake of his career.

Thanks for that, the sound wasn't as good as we'd hoped and some of those participating struggled to hear Paul, but he certainly was an interesting chat and it hadn't occurred to me that Macca had played for him at two of his clubs.

54 minutes ago, Hospital Radio Perth said:

Thanks for that, the sound wasn't as good as we'd hoped and some of those participating struggled to hear Paul, but he certainly was an interesting chat and it hadn't occurred to me that Macca had played for him at two of his clubs.

A good listen & a few good guests recently.

Wish you had asked him about the rumour he had a trial for Saints but was rejected because he was scruffy.

Peter , Two seasons of a league of 42. I don't think so.

If you are going to get more popular guests & have a few days notice,maybe ask the fans if they have any questions.

Keep up the good work.

19 hours ago, Hospital Radio Perth said:

Mark Treanor joins us on the show this coming Tuesday - if you have any questions for him, fire them up here.

I'd be interested to hear about how big a difference the move to McDiarmid Park made to the players. How big a part did that play in us winning the league that season? I was just a kid at the time but it seemed to give the whole club a massive boost, and as I remember it we were one of the few part-time clubs in the division yet we still won the title.

Also - just how good was Sergei Baltacha to play alongside? Was he the best player he played with?

By the way, I've been using my lockdown time to catch up on a lot of your old episodes and really enjoying them. Just listened to the Phizzy Scott one, thought he came across very well. Quite sad to hear that he was more or less forced out of Saints and treated fairly badly towards the end, as I don't think that was something I was aware of at the time.