MOTM Saints 0 - Hearts 0 - 19/12/2015

ex-montrosesaintee

MOTM Saints 0 - Hearts 0 - 19/12/2015  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Toss up between Muzz, Craig and Macca for me. Macca should have given the ball to someone else while Muzz missed too many chances so I gave it to Liam. I thought Wotherspoon was ok but given the space he had was hoping he would provide a spark but he never seemed to have the confidence to try something.

Note enough though with all the space he was given. 

His job to take it deep and recycle possession from side to side was perfect, it was those in front more to blame. Expecting him to pick a pass out when theres 19 players crammed into one space is mental.

I thought Wotherspoon was ok but given the space he had was hoping he would provide a spark but he never seemed to have the confidence to try something.

Hardly surprising seeing as he got boo'd and called shite by his own fans when a cross field ball in 30mph winds missed its target

Really can't understand any criticism of Spoony. I thought he was our best player. As others said, the packed area in front of him, and a distinct lack of meaningful movement by others, made it difficult to find that 'spark' some talk of

He rarely lost possession and worked hard up and down the park in difficult conditions due to both the wind and the pitch

Agree about Spoony, he was given the job of sitting outside the crowded forward area and kept us ticking.  He was very patient picking his passes and avoided the temptation to just lump it into the box when there wasn't much else on. Some of his driven passes into the strikers feet were excellent.

Steven Macleans touch and lay-offs were sublime today.  He was excellent all game. But then there was that penalty...

Muzz won the midfield battle comfortably and it was great to see him getting forward into scoring positions.  He just needs that wee bit of composure in front of goal.

out of those three I don't know yet...!

It's difficult to choose a player in isolation, however, Muzz for me on this occasion just for his never say die attitude. Steve McLean a close second, Saints are a poorer team without him in it.... I think I am like most Saintees when I say I don't think he is a natural penalty taker. Hopefully that job will be handed over to someone else now?!

I did however think the pace of the game improved when Shaunessy came on, we were far more direct.

I don't like to slag players off but Sutton has not had the impact I had hoped he would provide.

2 points dropped this time I fear.

Muzz stood out for effort but I don't understand the clamour to call him the best on the park on other considerations.

Strange to see the sponsors give it to Craig who wasn't so much bad as anonymous.

I thought Spoony worked his socks off to create space and drive team forward but then looked a little short of confidence with the ball.

Macca was sublime but for the penalty miss.

Ando was actually really solid at the back

MOH a shadow of his former self but I think having his pace and dribbling all but neutered by the pitch and the rapid LB marking him to blame

Spoony for me. Put in a lot of effort and rarely wasted a pass. Maclean and Davidson played well too - only the missed penalty and Muzz's sitter in the first half against them.

Thought Kane should've been on earlier - Sutton probably a bit unlucky at the kind of game that turned out to be, but we looked far more likely to score after Kane came on.