Top Six

Cagerf

Guest ScottMann

Hibs looked like what they were when we played them, a lower division team with a couple of good players but little up front. We continued our awful run of form at the time but even then could have won had Lappin's free kick gone in. It's what hurts so much about that defeat. Hibs are by far the worst team we've lost to in our numerous semi defeats and were there for the taking but we fluffed it. If they did get up and didn't sign a load of new players they'd be fighting relegation again.

The odds above are misleading. If Patrick and Dundee both win their final two games (granted it's unlikely) and we take a point off Killie, Motherwell won't be in top 6 if they lose to Celtic. How that equates to 100% for Motherwell is beyond me. I wouldn't put our odds at as high as 98.7% either, although hopefully they will be 100% after tonight's games!

CfQkN11XIAUjjlT.jpg:large

Considering all the doom and gloom, we have a 98.7% chance of finishing in the top 6 again. I'd be pretty chuffed if the top 6 ended up being the sides already in it - some big pay days for us to help our summer signing spree.

Its calculated with the probability of results factored in Im sure, the fact Dundee play Celtic is what makes them assume Motherwell are secured in the top half.

They have 2 things we don't at the moment, confidence and cash.

The 2016 - 17 season could be the closest fought season in a long time with teams outside the top 2 or 3.

Top 6 for us next year could be a huge achievement 

Who are you referring to here? If it is Hibs, then they are in dire straits financially if they don't get up this season and their squad next year will defo be weaker, hence the extra pressure on them that is starting to show

If it is Rangers, then how anyone can say they really have cash is dubious

Both Hibs and Rangers budgets will dwarf ours next season, regardless of division. Its not even debateable. 

Rangers will, but how and where it comes from will be questionable.

Trust me, from someone who it feels like spends half his life hanging around Hibs training centre and Hibs staff, they are not rolling in cash