Semi Final tickets

JSAINTEE99

I would also suggest JSAINTEE99 you get back in touch with the club and see if they will accept bookings for these tickets and explain (calmly) your predicament. As you aren't one of the 'In the know' fans I wouldn't like you to miss out again by not finding out when these tickets are being issued.

Did not feel encouraged this morning to call back again although to be fair I have usually found the staff to very helpful. I am monitoring the OS for  some update but at the moment would not guarantee that I would be able to "explain (calmly)" my predicament at the moment. May phone later.

Did not feel encouraged this morning to call back again although to be fair I have usually found the staff to very helpful. I am monitoring the OS for  some update but at the moment would not guarantee that I would be able to "explain (calmly)" my predicament at the moment. May phone later.

Would suggest you keep an eye on this site, twitter & the various Facebook pages as they are bound to be updated before the OS:wink:

I did ask the lady who dealt with my inquiry if i could put my name down for one off the 500 , was told no.

Seriously?

I'm beating the database drum again, but these situations are precisely when it would be handy. We've got 2 supporters on this forum looking for tickets, the requests being made by both are hardly unreasonable either. I suppose the thought process here is that Hibs fans might be the ones phoning up and reserving tickets (after the Aberdeen fans were apparently trying that last time round) but it seems like a bit of a 'how's your luck' for fans who don't live in Perth.

It seems daft that we've got fans of both clubs that may miss out when we've got a National stadium for exactly these events. I know the atmosphere would be crap compared to Tynecastle, but tickets would be ten a penny for everyone who wanted one.

They must have some sort of data base as they have asked previously  for my E-Mail address, Have bought tickets , books  in the past ( Still waiting on my copy of Manifest Destiny) as the Franking machine was down over the holidays and everything was being sent out last Thursday ). so easy to check.

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthread.php?117165-tickets-for-ST-J-info-released

Hibs appear to have some ultra complicated system for selling tickets and they do not go on sale until Friday 22nd January !

This could mean that it will be difficult for SPFL to make a decision about who gets the extra 500 tickets until hten.

I am in the same boat as the OP - living in Aberdeen, don't get to McD very often. Phoned up this morning fully expecting to be able to buy a ticket but was told we have asked for an additional allocation and to check website for updates.

Seriously?

I'm beating the database drum again, but these situations are precisely when it would be handy. We've got 2 supporters on this forum looking for tickets, the requests being made by both are hardly unreasonable either. I suppose the thought process here is that Hibs fans might be the ones phoning up and reserving tickets (after the Aberdeen fans were apparently trying that last time round) but it seems like a bit of a 'how's your luck' for fans who don't live in Perth.

It seems daft that we've got fans of both clubs that may miss out when we've got a National stadium for exactly these events. I know the atmosphere would be crap compared to Tynecastle, but tickets would be ten a penny for everyone who wanted one.

The irony being of course that if we played the game at Hampden we probably wouldn't sell 4,000 tickets.............

There should be no decision to make about who gets the extra 500 tickets. They already have 10,000 tickets, Saints should be getting them. Indeed, there is an argument that Saints should get as many tickets as they need up to 50% of the allocation for supporters. 

I would think we had that option initially, but wasn't Tynecastle chosen with the allocation there is based on the number of tickets either club said they required?  If we'd said we wanted half then I imagine it would have been held at Hampden.

For next time, I hope Saints go slightly over in their request and then hand back any extras.  If we'd said 5000 and took 4000 but everyone got one then would we care?  The allocation for this one based on average attendances is a little unfair on Saints.

I was under the impression those extra Main Stand tickets were ours if we wanted them and sold out the Roseburn.  From the original spfl statement:

Hibernian v St Johnstone - Saturday January 30, 2016
Tynecastle Stadium - kick-off 3.00pm
Hibernian Support
Main Stand Blocks Lower N, P, Q, R, S, T & South - Adults £20.00, Under-16s £5.00
Wheatfield Stand - Adults £20.00, Under-16s £5.00
Gorgie Stand - Adults £20.00, Under-16s £5.00
Wheatfield Stand Wheelchair Users - Adults £15.00, Under-16s £3.00
Gorgie Stand Wheelchair Users - Adults £10.00, Under-16s £3.00
It has been agreed that this allocation may increase if there is not a demand for additional tickets by St Johnstone supporters. A further allocation would take Hibernian supporters into the Main Stand Block N upper.
St Johnstone Support
Roseburn Stand - Adults £20.00, Under-16s £5.00
Roseburn Stand Wheelchair Users - Adults £10.00, Under-16s £3.00
It has been agreed that this allocation may increase if there is a demand for tickets. A further allocation would take St Johnstone supporters into the Main Stand Block N Upper. If this is not required by St Johnstone then this area will be allocated to Hibernian.
Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/ne...7seXtvM5DJpP.99

Hibernian Support

It has been agreed that this allocation may increase if there is not a demand for additional tickets by St Johnstone supporters. A further allocation would take Hibernian supporters into the Main Stand Block N upper.

St Johnstone Support

It has been agreed that this allocation may increase if there is a demand for tickets. A further allocation would take St Johnstone supporters into the Main Stand Block N Upper. If this is not required by St Johnstone then this area will be allocated to Hibernian.

meant to just include the above parts of the statement.  I fully expect us to get those extra Main Stand tickets based on this.

We've been given 4000 tickets in total. 3500 in the Roseburn and 500 to come for the Main Stand. When has this never been enough for a semi final? We didn't sell the Roseburn out against Aberdeen either.

I sincerely hope we did sell out as I had to settle for tickets in that ramshackle of a main stand and from where I was the roseburn looked full to me, not that I could see much with the terrible view tbh, hence the reason I made sure i was in the first 20 odd in the queue on Saturday night! 

I sincerely hope we did sell out as I had to settle for tickets in that ramshackle of a main stand and from where I was the roseburn looked full to me, not that I could see much with the terrible view tbh, hence the reason I made sure i was in the first 20 odd in the queue on Saturday night! 

Cheers me up no end!!!

There should be no question of any delay in allocating an extra (promised) 500 tickets to Saints.  Hibs draconian ticket sales system should not be allowed to delay matters.  So far only 8,000 of their supporters are able to buy tickets.  These are the lucky bunnies with 180 or more points but they cannot buy more than one ticket each.  10,000 not so lucky bunnies who have 90 points or more will be able to buy from 13th January onwards.  Finally deprived bunnies with at least 1 point (20,000) will be able to buy from 18th January.  No idea how points are awarded but clearly the one pointers attend infrequently.

Mind you this means Hibs could sell out by this Friday once the 90 pointers get their chance.

From my reading of the various press releases on tickets there are only 500 tickets up for grabs and either we get them or Hibs do. They are in the Section N Upper of the Main Stand which is adjacent to the Roseburn Stand so we should be favourites in any case since segregation does not appear to be possible in Section N Upper.  Hibs already have the lower sections of the Main Stand so presumably the remaining upper sections (1,800?) have already been allocated to the great and good.

PS Draconian Hibs system might be but at least they seem to have a proper data base of all their fans, something we seem to lack judging by some of the posts above.

Guest ScottMann

Cheers me up no end!!!

Sorry, but it's not fit to be used for a national cup semi final in 2016 even if the other three stands are. 

There's little leg room, obviously you have to dodge pillars when viewing, against Aberdeen they ran out of hot water for drinks early and most importantly you couldn't see much action in the far left of the pitch thanks to the Dons fans being allowed to stand for the whole game whilst Saints mainly remained seated and you being shouted down for daring to stand when play was in that area. 

Add in the result and the soaking and it was one of the worst days I've had supporting Saints. Good luck!

The database at Easter Rd is for ST  holders who are issued with a card.Other fans can register then rack up points by buying tickets (all games all-ticket) My Hibby pals always moaning about not being credited for purchases and if some guy buys 4 tix for his mates then only one account credited etc.It was expensive to install but has cut out alleged fraud at turnstiles.

Sorry, but it's not fit to be used for a national cup semi final in 2016 even if the other three stands are. 

There's little leg room, obviously you have to dodge pillars when viewing, against Aberdeen they ran out of hot water for drinks early and most importantly you couldn't see much action in the far left of the pitch thanks to the Dons fans being allowed to stand for the whole game whilst Saints mainly remained seated and you being shouted down for daring to stand when play was in that area. 

Add in the result and the soaking and it was one of the worst days I've had supporting Saints. Good luck!

Sorry, don't agree.

I have sat in that stand many times over the years and whilst it is pretty crap I'd rather be at Tynecastle with a cracking atmosphere than that mausoleum named Hampden 

Getting more and more p****d off about this! I now recall just how little leg room is in the old stand at Tynecastle. Why are we always second class citizens at Saints?

There should be no question of any delay in allocating an extra (promised) 500 tickets to Saints.  Hibs draconian ticket sales system should not be allowed to delay matters.  So far only 8,000 of their supporters are able to buy tickets.  These are the lucky bunnies with 180 or more points but they cannot buy more than one ticket each.  10,000 not so lucky bunnies who have 90 points or more will be able to buy from 13th January onwards.  Finally deprived bunnies with at least 1 point (20,000) will be able to buy from 18th January.  No idea how points are awarded but clearly the one pointers attend infrequently.

Mind you this means Hibs could sell out by this Friday once the 90 pointers get their chance.

From my reading of the various press releases on tickets there are only 500 tickets up for grabs and either we get them or Hibs do. They are in the Section N Upper of the Main Stand which is adjacent to the Roseburn Stand so we should be favourites in any case since segregation does not appear to be possible in Section N Upper.  Hibs already have the lower sections of the Main Stand so presumably the remaining upper sections (1,800?) have already been allocated to the great and good.

PS Draconian Hibs system might be but at least they seem to have a proper data base of all their fans, something we seem to lack judging by some of the posts above.

The 10,000 individuals with 90+ points includes the initial 8,000 of 180+ points so everyone in the first two waves of sales are guaranteed a ticket (if they want one) as these two waves are only open to 10,000 fans and they've got 11,500 tickets. So the sale will reach the third wave of 1+ point which is 20,000 but included the 10,000 from the initial two rounds of sale. This is how it's explained on their forum as their fans lost the plot over the chance of getting tickets! If their sale makes it to general sale they have no need for extra tickets.