Semi Final tickets

JSAINTEE99

Guest ScottMann

Sorry, don't agree.

I have sat in that stand many times over the years and whilst it is pretty crap I'd rather be at Tynecastle with a cracking atmosphere than that mausoleum named Hampden 

I've been in it a couple of times too, most notably at the other end of it the night Davie Irons put in one of the great Saints performances when we thumped Hearts 4-2 in a League Cup game. 

Agree the atmosphere is far better than Hampden, even if it's 3/4 against us, but it doesn't alter how bad that stand is. As you say, it's crap!

Guest ScottMann

Good for you though, Superfan(ny), 

We seem to have a few of those Superfannies unfortunately. 'I go to more games than you and I've got my ticket so I'm alright so shut the f up' Delightful. 

Cheers me up no end!!!

sorry it wasn't meant to sound like that! I was just saying that due to past experience I didn't want main stand tickets, I do agree with your original post I was told same thing by ticket office "there will be plenty" is what I was told...... And also complained that I wasn't given any vouchers entering the ormond stand against hearts, and was just told sorry about that there was a bit of confusion over vouchers being handed out, well sorry but that's not the paying fans fault hmmm  

Guest ScottMann

Correct.  There were only around 3500 of us at Ibrox for the Scottish Cup semi against Aberdeen.

Circumstances for this are totally different though. Apart from anything, this is the first semi final since we had a very rare semi final win then of course followed it up with our first ever trophy win so in some ways basing this allocation on anything previous is wrong as it's completely new territory for us. Giving us a 6000 capacity stand would have been a good, positive move.

I have a feeling that, as the money is split, the priority for both clubs is to maximise total attendance. If giving Saints more actually drops the total because of segregation complications, the temptation might be there not to push too hard for it. That might not openly be up there as the top priority, more something at the back of their minds.

Would love to see you all at Celtic Park the week prior to this cheering on our beloved fitbaw team as well. 

Oh wait nah, just the usual 70 of us then...

I was part of 70 fans who watched our final First Division game away to Airdrie....

Celtic Parks a poor choice to bring up though. Its overpriced and the time i went i spent 90 minutes being harrassed by opposition fans and stewards.

I was part of 70 fans who watched our final First Division game away to Airdrie....

Celtic Parks a poor choice to bring up though. Its overpriced and the time i went i spent 90 minutes being harrassed by opposition fans and stewards.

So was I - and almost all the games west of Stirling as well as most of the home games at Perth and a few at Dundee but it would appear that I am classed as a part time fan by a fair number on here! I had my voucher and was willing to make arrangements either by post, telephone or getting someone to go on Saturday to get me tickets but I was assured by the club that there would be no problem on Monday! I am also not as convinced as some on here that the 500 tickets will appear as 50 years experience tells me that 'diddy' clubs like ours do not get treated particularly well.

So was I - and almost all the games west of Stirling as well as most of the home games at Perth and a few at Dundee but it would appear that I am classed as a part time fan by a fair number on here! I had my voucher and was willing to make arrangements either by post, telephone or getting someone to go on Saturday to get me tickets but I was assured by the club that there would be no problem on Monday! I am also not as convinced as some on here that the 500 tickets will appear as 50 years experience tells me that 'diddy' clubs like ours do not get treated particularly well.

So you think the club are being lied to about the extra allocation after announcing it.  

My memory might be deceiving me, but I'm sure there was a lot more than 70 fans at Airdrie that night. 

I have a feeling that, as the money is split, the priority for both clubs is to maximise total attendance. If giving Saints more actually drops the total because of segregation complications, the temptation might be there not to push too hard for it. That might not openly be up there as the top priority, more something at the back of their minds.

Being (very) kind let's say that 500 extra fans go if Hibs get them at (again being kind) £20 a pop. That's £10000 of which only 50% would go to Saints. To suggest Saints would actively **** over their fans for (a very generous estimate of) £5000 is lunacy. 

I was as sick as dog over the weekend and didn't make the Killie game so went down yesterday and they were sold out. The club (or the ged behind the window at least) has said we are getting / applying for 500 more for the Asbestos Stand. So, until we find out if we've got them / getting them I am prepared to wait before getting my knickers in a twist. Still have my voucher from the yamms game as well.

I'll no be at Celtic Park, naw.Thirty quid in tickets for the semi-final, plus travel and spending money kinda prices me out of an away trip with my sons to Glasgow the week prior.
I was at the Airdrie game though, and the last game at Muirton. Plus I've fond memories of being lifted over the turnstile as a laddie. Does that count?

Good for you though, Superfan(ny), enjoy the restricted view at Celtic Park.

Hey you! I haven't missed a Saints match at Celtic for a good while now, so I'm one of the 70.

Saw our recent great victories there thanks to Dave and Danny, and a draw when wee Nigel scored and I broke Ghostie's specs celebrating.

Times like those make all the 4 and 5 nil disasters worth sitting through, or when it's 0-0 and they score 2 in time added on.

But, seriously, I don't get this pathetic nonsense that raises it's head every now and then re attending matches and who goes to more, who travels furthest, who's not missed any in sixty four years v. who's a part timer, a glory hunter, not a real fan, a lesser fan, a moaner, etc.

I've seen far less childishness at a nursery.

Edstar's right. It's very expensive when you've major financial commitments and two or three kids who want to go.

Regardless of who can and can't go and for whatever reason, it's no-one else's business, and it's poor to start arguing and criticising each other.

Sometimes I wonder. We're meant to be on the same side but it's awfully exclusive and unwelcoming at times.

I've sat in a crowd of hundreds/thousands at Saints' matches but I'd often have been as well on my own.

There's so few of us that it'd be better to get on and support each other.

My memory might be deceiving me, but I'm sure there was a lot more than 70 fans at Airdrie that night. 

There were. The match had been postponed in MAY (!) due to bad weather and the rearranged game saw a few dressed in suits to protect against what I think may have been bird flu, or was it something else Airdrie related. Proves I was there and hence qualify for a few points towards a superfan rating.

There were. The match had been postponed in MAY (!) due to bad weather and the rearranged game saw a few dressed in suits to protect against what I think may have been bird flu, or was it something else Airdrie related. Proves I was there and hence qualify for a few points towards a superfan rating.

I'm sure I was on my way to the original game when it was called off, seem to remember it absolutely battering down. 

A young boy scored in the rearranged game, can't remember his name but I don't think he ended up doing much other than that... 

There were definitely more than 70 at the Airdrie game. The circumstances of rearranged game right at end of season lessened the travelling support but we'd just won the league and everyone was in good spirits.

It is most unlike Random to get something wrong though so somebody double check.

I've been in it a couple of times too, most notably at the other end of it the night Davie Irons put in one of the great Saints performances when we thumped Hearts 4-2 in a League Cup game. 

Agree the atmosphere is far better than Hampden, even if it's 3/4 against us, but it doesn't alter how bad that stand is. As you say, it's crap!

Can I join you in reminiscing about the 4-2 game? Sorry if it's away from the I'm a better fan than you chat........

2-0 down at half time and O'Boyle missed penalty right on HT whistle that saw Frail (?) sent off for deliberate handball on the line? Battered them in second half - Irons, O'Boyle, Colin Miller and who else? Cannae mind, please let me know! Not sure why we were at that end of Main Stand and they even left the Hearts dugout at that side. Distinctly remember Mr Hamster chops Tommy MacLean looking thoroughly pissed off as Saints fans banged on the dugout roof. Brillliant.

We'd just been relegated and rebuilding under Sturrock, was not the best time, that win a rare highlight Set us up nicely for home quarter final against Raith which we were promptly pumped in. Raith played Airdrie in semi (at McDiarmid) and went on to beat Celtic in the final.

Really wish I could remember information that was useful.......

This must be Saint's Seville ! I was at the Airdrie game too, was also almost there on the saturday too. We were in some place nearby, Dr Jones minibus was in the same place, had a few beers then headed back to Perth via Auchterarder, was a better day out than the replay. Was that no the game where SM scored his first Saints goal ?

Regarding tickets, if you can't get saints end why not buy for Hibs end. They've been in our end a few times.

This must be Saint's Seville ! I was at the Airdrie game too, was also almost there on the saturday too. We were in some place nearby, Dr Jones minibus was in the same place, had a few beers then headed back to Perth via Auchterarder, was a better day out than the replay. Was that no the game where SM scored his first Saints goal ?

Regarding tickets, if you can't get saints end why not buy for Hibs end. They've been in our end a few times.

Hae a hard job with the loyalty points system.

Although I do believe I still have 80-90 points left if they can be carried over :mrgreen:.