Semi Final tickets

JSAINTEE99

&The hibees website has ticket info for the semi including a plan of Tynecastle areas available to Hibs fans so folk can book online. The section in the mainstand being held back is blanked off and not available to hibs supporters. Saints must knowwhat is going on, communication is a disgrace, come on SB get the finger out and make 500 saintees happy bunnies, current situation lacks professionalism from SJFC & SFL .My suspicious head thinks the police might have said no way to 500 saints fans sitting above the hibs support, hope im wrong.

Surely Polis used to us sitting above Hibs.........................

Saints in top tier and Hibs in second tier..................still

My suspicious head thinks the police might have said no way to 500 saints fans sitting above the hibs support, hope im wrong.

I've heard chatter about this as well, no substance to it of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason there's been a hold up.

Although, you'd assume that a detail as vital as "where will the supporters sit" would have been thought about and cleared with the police long before tickets went on sale. Surely?

It's the SPFL that we're talking about here though, isn't it. Incompetence that constantly disappoints but never surprises.

Guest ScottMann

&The hibees website has ticket info for the semi including a plan of Tynecastle areas available to Hibs fans so folk can book online. The section in the mainstand being held back is blanked off and not available to hibs supporters. Saints must knowwhat is going on, communication is a disgrace, come on SB get the finger out and make 500 saintees happy bunnies, current situation lacks professionalism from SJFC & SFL .My suspicious head thinks the police might have said no way to 500 saints fans sitting above the hibs support, hope im wrong.

If this was the first time it's been proposed then I'd have to agree with their concern in principle. But it's not. It was done at the last semi final with no problem. Also they would have been involved in the seating discussions from the off so why wait until to raise it?

If this was the first time it's been proposed then I'd have to agree with their concern in principle. But it's not. It was done at the last semi final with no problem. Also they would have been involved in the seating discussions from the off so why wait until to raise it?

I think we probably got upper and lower parts of the Main Stand section last time, not just the upper as is being proposed this time

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Guest ScottMann

I think we probably got upper and lower parts of the Main Stand section last time, not just the upper as is being proposed this time

If that's the case then Saints agreeing to fewer tickets rather than more is unforgivable. I thought they'd just replicated the set up for the Aberdeen game.

If that's the case then Saints agreeing to fewer tickets rather than more is unforgivable. I thought they'd just replicated the set up for the Aberdeen game.

Too much time on my hands today so I had a quick look back!

http://perthsaints.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=2816 

For the Semi v Aberdeen we got the entire Roseburn (3,300) in the first batch and then enough Main Stand tickets to bring us up to 5,000 total, according to that news item. About 1,000 tickets more than we're being offered here (Roseburn + 500 extra)

Guest ScottMann

For the Semi v Aberdeen we got the entire Roseburn (3,300) in the first batch and then enough Main Stand tickets to bring us up to 5,000 total, according to that news item. About 1,000 tickets more than we're being offered here (Roseburn + 500 extra)

Glad you have as it clarifies matters! Thanks for checking back.

I didn't think the current situation could have been worse but it's Saints we're talking about after all.

**** the SPFL, **** DONCASTER, **** THE OLD FIRM PANDERING BIGOTED ****WITS. 

I am sorry but much as I hate the gruesome twosome what the feck has a Saints v Hibs game  got to do with either Septic or The The.

The first part of your post I wholeheartedly agree with though.

Official statement on the club's website. Still no confirmation of tickets. Segregation seems to be the issue.

Got to be honest, I wouldn't get my hopes up after reading the tone of the statement.

This game should've been played at Hampden. The demand for tickets far outstrips the actual capacity of Tynecastle. It's absolutely ridiculous that there's going to be a lot of fans missing out on tickets, potentially from both clubs, when the alternative is there and the other semi is being played there.

That may have been the original plan, but no way was there 1700 saints fans in the main stand that day. Also, I'm pretty sure the bottom tier below the saints fans was empty.

That may have been the original plan, but no way was there 1700 saints fans in the main stand that day. Also, I'm pretty sure the bottom tier below the saints fans was empty.

Agreed, that is my memory also - we had a few hundred in the Main Stand, no more.  As for the bottom tier there might have been a section empty below that few hundred but the rest was full of Aberdeen fans.  The painful way to check that is to look at the You Tube highlights, I could only bear to watch the 1st two goals!

As for the club statement mentioning a review of the segregation position, that suggests to me that the original "500 extra if needed" proposal was made without consulting the Polis or at best the wrong Polis.  Another possibility is that the Polis have changed their mind in view of the recent antics of Celtic, Dundee Utd and even Linlithgow Rose fans.

Credit to the club for now putting up a statement, however it always seems with Saints that things need to get to this 'frustration' point amongst the fans before they actually say a word. We've seen it in the past with ticket arrangements, season tickets and on loads of other opportunities. Keep people informed and it won't get to this stage. Even if there's no news to report, it's not (all) the club's fault so make sure the supporters know this.

I was in that section, and I'd tend to agree with you about the numbers. However the fact remains that the tickets would have been available to us if needed, this year they are not. The club's essentially increased its reach and supporter-base off the back of the SC win in 2014, yet we've had our allocation cut for the first Semi Final that we've reached since then. Doesn't quite add up.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Day 2 Spoke to David this time asked him about tickets , will have to speak to the guy at the next desk who is dealing with it give me your name and number he will phone you back. Me, No thats what you lot told me yesterday still waiting silence for 10 Secs gave him a bit of grief, he will definitely ring you, Guess what Rick any comments.

Roll on tomorrow.

Day 2 Spoke to David this time asked him about tickets , will have to speak to the guy at the next desk who is dealing with it give me your name and number he will phone you back. Me, No thats what you lot told me yesterday still waiting silence for 10 Secs gave him a bit of grief, he will definitely ring you, Guess what Rick any comments.

Roll on tomorrow.

Yes. Why still phone the club when they've issued a statement about tickets?

Pretty disgraceful if Saints end up not being able to get a measly 500 more tickets, given that Hibs already have a huge majority of the allocation and it's supposedly meant to be a neutral venue.

Had a look at the SPFL site today for rules regarding ticket allocation and couldn't find any - but is it not the case that clubs are technically entitled to 50% of the allocation if they want them? Not that I'm suggesting Saints would ever request that many, but hopefully a valuable lesson has been learned here: insist on the maximum number from the start and then send back what is not required, rather than doing it the other way round and relying on the good faith and organisational skills of our amateurish governing body.

Really feel for any Saints fans out there who have been caught up in this, especially if they're regulars. There are so many ways in which this situation could have been avoided.

I think the issue might be the venue. If Saints had pushed for more tickets it would be at Hampden and not Tynecastle. Probably the 4000 tickets was the maximum we'd have been allowed without the game having to be played at Hampden, so we've went for that assuming that (probably rightly) that 4000 would be enough. Now that we maybe aren't getting the extra 500 we are going to be short. Really should have checked that this arrangement was fine with the popo before agreeing on it though. 

So the just of it is, Saints didn't request enough tickets and we could have requested more.  Saints fans miss out, surely the fault lies at the decision making internally?  First Semi since Cup win verse Hibs who we've not seen for ages.  Appealing tie even for the Saints once a season fan.

I'd prefer a full house at Tynecastle than half empty Hampden. Happy with venue but surely less hibs tickets was the obvious choice... Aberdeen have a larger support than Hibs, they nearly filled Ibrox for the Scots Cup Semi, yet played at Tynecastle v us, when they could have filled the stadium themselves.

Plus how difficult is it to get some fencing up inside the main stand to prevent mixing of fans coupled with useless yellow jackets as a deterrent. Surely it's not beyond the capability to get the solution of 500 Saints fans in the main stand!

Boils my piss all this nonsense of waiting and waiting, I do hope it's cos they are finding a solution as opposed to reducing the number of days of criticism they will receive.  Nearly 10 days since selling out even when club officials were saying it won't be an issue and hundreds of Saints fans await news!   Very disappointing to all waiting to buy a ticket.

Edited by Dave H

I'd prefer a full house at Tynecastle than half empty Hampden. Happy with venue but surely less hibs tickets was the obvious choice... Aberdeen have a larger support than Hibs, they nearly filled Ibrox for the Scots Cup Semi.

I'd imagine if Hibs said 'we want 13000 or the game played at Hampden so we can get more tickets' then Saints could either agree to 3800 or the game is at Hampden. 

So the just of it is, Saints didn't request enough tickets and we could have requested more.  Saints fans miss out, surely the fault lies at the decision making internally?  First Semi since Cup win verse Hibs who we've not seen for ages.  Appealing tie even for the Saints once a season fan.

I'd prefer a full house at Tynecastle than half empty Hampden. Happy with venue but surely less hibs tickets was the obvious choice... Aberdeen have a larger support than Hibs, they nearly filled Ibrox for the Scots Cup Semi, yet played at Tynecastle v us, when they could have filled the stadium themselves.

Plus how difficult is it to get some fencing up inside the main stand to prevent mixing of fans coupled with useless yellow jackets as a deterrent. Surely it's not beyond the capability to get the solution of 500 Saints fans in the main stand!

Boils my piss all this nonsense of waiting and waiting, I do hope it's cos they are finding a solution as opposed to reducing the number of days of criticism they will receive.  Nearly 10 days since selling out even when club officials were saying it won't be an issue and hundreds of Saints fans await news!   Very disappointing to all waiting to buy a ticket.

I agree, we get treated like absolute shite here in Scotland by the polis etc, yet down in England they let away fans sit in a section at the emirates with only a small barrier and perhaps 1 row of seats apart! In what it is sometimes I highly charged atmosphere hmmmmm and the emirates is just an example