Semi Final tickets

JSAINTEE99

Think i read a comment that there were some 3000 tickets for company/hospitality that are sold for the semi. I understand that would be the case for a final, due to occasion and companies being able to use it as a valuable sales/marketing with clients. Is/was there really such a demand for a league cup semi for this? This would be around 15-20% of all tickets at tynie....seems high to me, so assuming I'm missing something here.

As an aside, that block of 24 tickets should be used by saints, coordinating with hibs fans if possible, to put up a demonstration banner along the lines of "cockwomble, screwing over fans and under selling the value of scottish football since.....". Should make for some good banter in these gin and tonic sections.

As a final aside... in many countries, I believe sports events are televised when/after a game is sold out. Surely thats money left on the table here? Its obviously going to be televised as we will get extended highlights after the fact, so why not make that feed live?

Don't think any game can be televised in the UK on a Saturday,  between 1500 and 1715, whether league or cup.

I'm not going to rake over everything that's been posted. However badly this has been handled by the SPFL Saints should have asked at the outset for 5000 allocation and that's where the real blame lies. Ok so we did not take many to the semi v the sheep but we have come along way since then. Add in the venue, lower league opposition and a Sat 3.00 kick off points to a much higher demand. Someone really called this wrong from the outset. 

Think i read a comment that there were some 3000 tickets for company/hospitality that are sold for the semi. I understand that would be the case for a final, due to occasion and companies being able to use it as a valuable sales/marketing with clients. Is/was there really such a demand for a league cup semi for this? This would be around 15-20% of all tickets at tynie....seems high to me, so assuming I'm missing something here.

As an aside, that block of 24 tickets should be used by saints, coordinating with hibs fans if possible, to put up a demonstration banner along the lines of "cockwomble, screwing over fans and under selling the value of scottish football since.....". Should make for some good banter in these gin and tonic sections.

As a final aside... in many countries, I believe sports events are televised when/after a game is sold out. Surely thats money left on the table here? Its obviously going to be televised as we will get extended highlights after the fact, so why not make that feed live?

Cant do that when other matches being played.Would have to make it early or late.

If we had asked for 5000 and had been told only getting 3300 with the possibility of 500 more Saints would be making more noise about this. Instead Saints are beginning to look like a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo!!

saints stated that they were in daily dialogue with the spfl. So why on earth are saints fans like myself still in the dark about whether they can attend the semi or not

Hibs have sold their allocation and no mention of requiring any more tickets

So its looking more and more like are looking for excuses for not giving us the 500 tickets that we should have gotten at the start

saints stated that they were in daily dialogue with the spfl. So why on earth are saints fans like myself still in the dark about whether they can attend the semi or not

Hibs have sold their allocation and no mention of requiring any more tickets

So its looking more and more like are looking for excuses for not giving us the 500 tickets that we should have gotten at the start

acording to spfl rep that i spoke to on friday decision will be made on friday or monday. Police match commander and sfa security depth will make decision. 

The joke is that they are still making a decision about segregation/safety concerns while saints fans have been buying up hibs section tickets

The whole things a farce

you can see the "Gorgie 500" being freed up on Wednesday whilst fans who covet them are in the other stand sitting on their hands for fear of exposure

If we had asked for 5000 and had been told only getting 3300 with the possibility of 500 more Saints would be making more noise about this. Instead Saints are beginning to look like a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo!!

As usual we are being kept in the dark, nobody at Saints is saying much beyond the "daily touch with SPFL statement".  I think you are close to what happened, my take is we asked for 4,000 taking into account the design of the ground and the Aberdeen Semi experience.  We then accepted the Roseburn with the expectation that we would get first call on the 500 if both allocations sold out.  Trouble was nobody realised Hibs intended to sell their tickets using a draconian and drawn out system and when this penny dropped nobody at the SPFL had the balls, brains or simple common sense to tear up the original understanding and give us the 500 rather than allow this appalling farce to develop.

The joke is that they are still making a decision about segregation/safety concerns while saints fans have been buying up hibs section tickets

The whole things a farce

Absolutely.................they could have released the 500 tickets to Saints last week and there would not have been any bother that could not have been controlled with decent stewarding. Now they have a situation where Saints fans are spread throughout the Hibs fans with no control.

Oops I have just realised I have said in my post above that with "decent stewarding" we would have been OK ...........................I forgot that all the stewarding companies at different grounds throughout Scotland range in standard from somewhere around about diabolical to quite a few levels below decent. So we cannot therefore rely on the stewards to sort out the SPFL's mess

with this talk of segregation, when was the last time Saints fans were involved in violence against opposition fans? Serious question, I just can't remember.

It kicked of a wee bit in Switzerland  with some  ****ing nutty Albanians, some  cans of lager and stolen flags.  I blame Scobbie.

Still need.

SPFL may well be at fault, but as a member club, saints are the SPFL. Since we requested the extra tickets, there has been a meeting of all the SPFL clubs. Saints should have raised the point there (may well have) and should have not come away without an answer one way or another.

Would be interesting to know how many tickets Doncaster etc are getting? Saints should be demanding their tickets and 'award' them to some deserving saints fans. For example, get hold of 100 of the corporate tickets and on Saturday, could have gone into the away support at Parkhead and gifted them to those there for their support. 

If (and it is a big if) we make it to the final and it is v Celtic, I'd like Saints to make a stand and a, demand 50% of the tickets and b, demand the 'Celtic' end, just to get it right up the SPFL. Would be interesting to see the reactions to that. Celtic moved from their end at our 'neutral' national stadium and the panic from the Blazers when Celtic fans are left waiting until at least 5 days before the final to see if they get an extra allocation.