Semi Final tickets

JSAINTEE99

So if we register with an EH postcode then can we buy tickets from the Hibs ticket page without the fuss of being on the database or not?? If so does anyone have an EH postcode that I could use????

Send me a PM if you want to give it a go. Happy to provide you with a friendly EH postcode! Assuming there's still tickets available.  

Not surprised at all by the announcement. There was no way the tickets were coming our way at this late stage. 

But things need to be clarified. The most important point now is how many tickets Saints asked for in the first place. At the very least I would expect the club clarify this in a statement tomorrow. Have Saints been royally screwed by cockwomble and his cronies, or have the club massively undersold the support.

Look forward to hearing what they say.

Well I'm one of the most vocal for the club, but I think that's what happened on this occasion. But I'll say no more.

It's absolutely mental that you'd think SB would shaft the fans for a couple of grand absolute tops, probably more likely in the hundreds than the thousands actually. 

Email sent to SPFL at info@spfl.co.uk 

Dear Mr Doncaster

As a lifelong St Johnstone, and Scottish Football supporter, of over 50 years, I am sad to say that I am so disgusted with the total contempt that has been shown by your organisation, towards St Johnstone and their supporters in the run up to the Scottish League Cup Semi Final against Hibernian, that I am taking the decision to put my complaint in writing to you. 

I do not doubt that tasks of administering Scottish Football is not an easy one, but the actions of your organisation on this occasion are nothing short of shambolic and embarrassing and are deserving of a full explanation, and an unreserved public apology acknowledging the shortcomings of your organisation in this whole afair.

There are two particular areas that I intend to focus on and would be grateful if any response was to cover both issues. These issues are;

1) The mock up of a contracted St Johnstone player, Michael O'Halloran, in a Rangers strip, following intense media speculation in relation to a possible transfer. I acknowledge that this mock up photograph has since been removed from your site and your initial response was that it was intended to be light hearted. I can assure you that I did not find this in the least bit funny, rather I found it quite offensive. I would ask whose ultimate decision was it to approve this publication of your website? Your actions have only served to further intensify the media speculation regarding this player and can only have been detrimental to the player and the club in the run up to such an important match.

2) When Tynecastle Park was identified as the venue for the St Johnstone v Hibernian game, and following initial discussions with the relevant Clubs, and, I assume, Police Scotland, and the relevant Security officers, you provided the following press release regarding allocation of tickets and segregation;

"St Johnstone Support
Roseburn Stand - Adults £20.00, Under-16s £5.00
Roseburn Stand Wheelchair Users - Adults £10.00, Under-16s £3.00

It has been agreed that this allocation may increase if there is a demand for tickets. A further allocation would take St Johnstone supporters into the Main Stand Block N Upper. If this is not required by St Johnstone then this area will be allocated to Hibernian."

St Johnstone did indeed sell all of their tickets within a very short space of time and, as I understand, requested a further allocation of tickets prior to the 10th of January. 

I would appreciate if you could provide a clear answer to each of the following points;

a. Were the police and security officers involved in your initial discussions prior to your announcement regarding segregation and ticketing arrangements, and, if so, what advice did they provide?

b. What was the size of allocation requested by each of the clubs at the initial planning meetings?

c. Given that fans from opposing clubs shared a stand at the same stadium in a previous League Cup Semi Final, why has the position now changed?

d. Do you consider it fair that not only do Hibs have a supporter ratio of almost 4:1 compared with St Johnstone for a National Cup Semi Final, it is also the fact that St Johnstone supporters will be outnumbered by sponsors complimentary spectators?

e. Was your decision based, in any way, on possible increased policing costs to maintain segregation?

f: Why was no final decision made until 5 days before the match?

g: Why was the press release confirming no further tickets would be released to St Johnstone not accompanied by an apology?

Such is the state of Scottish Football under your stewardship, that many clubs are struggling financially and you should be doing all you can to further the game as a spectacle. St Johnstone, may be a relatively small club but they are well run and are striving to increase their support base. Actions, such as those taken by you, in the lead up to this match will have a detrimental effect on the Club's efforts.

As you will no doubt be aware, the demand for tickets from St Johnstone supporter's has outweighed the supply made available by you and has left a large number of angry and disgruntled supporters, who merely wish to support their team. 

As The CEO of the SPFL, I believe that you need to accept some personal responsibility for this whole sorry state of affairs, which has shown your organisation to have a complete disregard for football supporters, without which your member clubs cannot survived, as well as a blatant lack of integrity towards one of its member clubs.

I look forward to your response

Dear Mr Doncaster

As a lifelong St Johnstone, and Scottish Football supporter, of over 50 years, I am sad to say that I am so disgusted with the total contempt that has been shown by your organisation, towards St Johnstone and their supporters in the run up to the Scottish League Cup Semi Final against Hibernian, that I am taking the decision to put my complaint in writing to you. 

I do not doubt that tasks of administering Scottish Football is not an easy one, but the actions of your organisation on this occasion are nothing short of shambolic and embarrassing and are deserving of a full explanation, and an unreserved public apology acknowledging the shortcomings of your organisation in this whole afair.

There are two particular areas that I intend to focus on and would be grateful if any response was to cover both issues. These issues are;

1) The mock up of a contracted St Johnstone player, Michael O'Halloran, in a Rangers strip, following intense media speculation in relation to a possible transfer. I acknowledge that this mock up photograph has since been removed from your site and your initial response was that it was intended to be light hearted. I can assure you that I did not find this in the least bit funny, rather I found it quite offensive. I would ask whose ultimate decision was it to approve this publication of your website? Your actions have only served to further intensify the media speculation regarding this player and can only have been detrimental to the player and the club in the run up to such an important match.

2) When Tynecastle Park was identified as the venue for the St Johnstone v Hibernian game, and following initial discussions with the relevant Clubs, and, I assume, Police Scotland, and the relevant Security officers, you provided the following press release regarding allocation of tickets and segregation;

"St Johnstone Support

It has been agreed that this allocation may increase if there is a demand for tickets. A further allocation would take St Johnstone supporters into the Main Stand Block N Upper. If this is not required by St Johnstone then this area will be allocated to Hibernian."

St Johnstone did indeed sell all of their tickets within a very short space of time and, as I understand, requested a further allocation of tickets prior to the 10th of January. 

I would appreciate if you could provide a clear answer to each of the following points;

a. Were the police and security officers involved in your initial discussions prior to your announcement regarding segregation and ticketing arrangements, and, if so, what advice did they provide?

b. What was the size of allocation requested by each of the clubs at the initial planning meetings?

c. Given that fans from opposing clubs shared a stand at the same stadium in a previous League Cup Semi Final, why has the position now changed?

d. Do you consider it fair that not only do Hibs have a supporter ratio of almost 4:1 compared with St Johnstone for a National Cup Semi Final, it is also the fact that St Johnstone supporters will be outnumbered by sponsors complimentary spectators?

e. Was your decision based, in any way, on possible increased policing costs to maintain segregation?

g: Why was the press release confirming no further tickets would be released to St Johnstone not accompanied by an apology?

Such is the state of Scottish Football under your stewardship, that many clubs are struggling financially and you should be doing all you can to further the game as a spectacle. St Johnstone, may be a relatively small club but they are well run and are striving to increase their support base. Actions, such as those taken by you, in the lead up to this match will have a detrimental effect on the Club's efforts.

As you will no doubt be aware, the demand for tickets from St Johnstone supporter's has outweighed the supply made available by you and has left a large number of angry and disgruntled supporters, who merely wish to support their team. 

As The CEO of the SPFL, I believe that you need to accept some personal responsibility for this whole sorry state of affairs, which has shown your organisation to have a complete disregard for football supporters, without which your member clubs cannot survived, as well as a blatant lack of integrity towards one of its member clubs.

i think everyoneand their dug should copy and paste this and email it to them

If you read the League Cup Draw thread most said that the Roseburn and 500 in the Main was fine and there would be plenty to go around. Including some of the more vocal against the club on this thread. 

500 more might be enough. Not requesting 1000s more.  I reckon a few 100 missing out.  I would certainly be buying main stand tickets in lower stand nearest our fans if I hadn't got a ticket, and there are still tickets available for the game.  I think it is well known that Saints fans will be sitting in this mixed area...  if the police start chucking fans out of the main, I reckon all main standers and anyone in the Roseburn who feels inclined have a pitch invasion and simply sit down anywhere on the pitch is a good silent protest.  

Our fans that include me have been pissed all over.. everyone of us fans even with tickets have been judged by the running body. Abysmal!

I suggested on here ages ago that Brown was more concerned about getting half the money from a full stadium than seeing Saints fans OK. Got slaughtered.

I will await the clubs response but like you I would like answers to

1) If the rules state we are entitled to 50/50 why did we not take them? ( if we do not sell out there is less of the opposition fans in the ground) 

2) Was/is it a financial decision to not take up the full 50% as above? ( I have asked before do the clubs get these tickets on account and any unsold tickets are deducted from your eventual pay-out?)

3) They need to come out with a strong statement and actually lay the blame firmly at the feet of the SPFL, and show some support to the fans who have lost out on tickets, it has looked a bit of a half hearted attempt from the start by the club on ticket allocation, they agreed on 3600( With a potential of 500 to come why not just take them there and then if they are entitled to them) They allowed 1800( estimated number from on here I think)  ST holders to buy 2 each if required that would have been the complete ticket allocation sold out to ST if they took up their options, they then produced a number of vouchers that either were issued from under the turnstile shelf to known regulars, or there was a feeling that everyone who had a voucher still would not get a ticket and they only produced a few hundred? Clarification is required by Saints not the SPFL . 

I can tell you now, that publicly, there will be NO raging statement/attack by the board of Saints aimed at the  ****witts at the spfl. Saints CANNOT ( under the rules/regs of membership of the spfl) publicly  criticize or condemn the spfl. If they did this they would face a large fine and sensure. i know this is not what folk want to hear ( me included) but sadly this is how it is.  Now I did not speak to anyone from the board tonight but if I had they may well have said something like this perhaps...We are extremely pissed off as you can imagine. We're not allowed to publicly criticise or we face a fine. We have worded a very strong letter to SPFL but if we go public with that or even mention that we sent a letter then we're in trouble as well. Absolutely shocking. Sorry for everyone and sorry we can't be more open about our feelings. They may even have said Cockwomble was an ****ing wank.

but that's me just guessing...

It was a ridiculous point when you first made it and it's a ridiculous point now. 

I think your being a wee bit harsh on Biscuits here. We're all a bit uptight today about how things have panned out but I think his comment was more intemperate jest. He's often been the voice of reason after "Beer O clock" nonsense so he gets a pass here. 

Dear Mr Doncaster

"St Johnstone Support

A copy of this should be sent to every newspaper, Sky sports, TV companies  and all the sponsors and see how many mentions it gets.

Just a bit worried at the rising temperature here, and trying to calm it down a bit with the odd jest.

But I say in all seriousness, the polis do research fan sites in the lead up to games, so please, please be careful, for the clubs sake, but more importantly for your safety. My guess is that if Saintee strays behave impeccably on Saurday, all could be well. There seems to be some goodwill from the Hibees, a decent lot, and I don't think the polis will be daft enough to dive in and start flinging folk out before any trouble, even if they know fine what is going on.

I can tell you now, that publicly, there will be NO raging statement/attack by the board of Saints aimed at the  ****witts at the spfl. Saints CANNOT ( under the rules/regs of membership of the spfl) publicly  criticize or condemn the spfl. If they did this they would face a large fine and sensure. i know this is not what folk want to hear ( me included) but sadly this is how it is.  Now I did not speak to anyone from the board tonight but if I had they may well have said something like this perhaps...We are extremely pissed off as you can imagine. We're not allowed to publicly criticise or we face a fine. We have worded a very strong letter to SPFL but if we go public with that or even mention that we sent a letter then we're in trouble as well. Absolutely shocking. Sorry for everyone and sorry we can't be more open about our feelings. They may even have said Cockwomble was an ****ing wank.

but that's me just guessing...

Not what I'm wanting to hear. 

I will say that with the bad feeling surrounding this whole saga and the handling of the MOH affair, if Brown sells him before the semi there will be a serious backlash. 

Guest ScottMann

I think your being a wee bit harsh on Biscuits here. We're all a bit uptight today about how things have panned out but I think his comment was more intemperate jest. He's often been the voice of reason after "Beer O clock" nonsense so he gets a pass here. 

I thought he was serious and I agree with him.

Guest ScottMann

I don't think there'll be any trouble on Saturday but by leaving the announcement so late the SPFL haven't left much cooling off time. It's an insult to all Saints fans, not just those that'll miss out.