Semi Final tickets

JSAINTEE99

Good statement. The Celtic EK fiasco is if anything worse - they gave the game to EK's SEVENTH choice, announced the game was on there, only for the club concerned (Hamilton) to announce in turn they hadn't agreed to it, and couldn't hold it due to loads of previous bookings. EK want to hold it at their perfectly good wee ground, but the same safety sh ite has been spouted. When was there last a serious crowd or safety issue inside a ground at a Scottish game? EK have now been summoned to Hampden, not easy for part-time officials. Whilst I presume it was the other governing body at fault here, it adds more weight to the increasing view amongst the fans that the game is run by idiots. The irony is this comes at a time when more and more individual clubs are getting their act together, reducing or eliminating debt, and running all sorts of fan-friendly initiatives. 

I feel so sorry for those Saintees who have endured shite games in the freezing cold in various arse-ends of Scotland and are now denied the right to attend a semi, or can only do so with the hassle of sneaking into the other end.

Doncaster, firstly at the SPL and now the SPFL has been a disaster, one f/up after another. The only thing this man seems to have done right since he got involved in Scottish football was to increase his salary and pension packages a couple of months before it was announced that the SPL was going to become the SPFL.

His pal Regan at the SFA has been as bad a disaster there too.

Just to let everyone know, I called up hibs ticket office on 0844 844 1875 after trying several times going through the 'ticket sales' option by pressing number 1 they kept telling me I couldn't purchase a ticket because I had no loyalty points even after registering online with them. However, if you go through to option 2 (ticket enquiries) they don't seem to carry out this loyalty check and the woman happily sent me a ticket out in the post, in the wrong end but hey...

So has anyone been offered or has "sponsors" tickets - over 2,000 ffs! How many will even go??? How do they segregate them?

Made a tentative enquiry about hospitality as soon as venue announced and my source said it was out of Hearts hands and all allocated.There must be a lot of people going who dont normally.

Fair statement from SB and guess / hope his comments to SPFL are more pointed.

surely to God before a decision is made on the suitability of a neutral venue the key aspects are likely spectator numbers from the respective participants, security and segregation requirements and then whether the stadium can accommodate the numbers after security and segregation requirements are taken into account. It ain't rocket science and based on what we now know Tynecastle is not deemed to be a suitable venue if access and egress of supporters sharing a particular stand is an issue. in other words this game should have been played at one of the three big Glasgow grounds. Interesting though that access / egress and security is at McDiarmid is never deemed to be a problem when part of the west stand is generally given over to away support.  - so someone needs to clear up what the specific security requirements are for all grounds Will be interesting to see what the attendance is but I guess it will be a couple of thousand less than capacity leaving an even greater sour taste for those saints fans that have been denied the opportunity to attend and lost revenue for the club. As SB says a total fiasco.

As has been said by others a total fiasco by the SPFL.

I do hope however nobody does anything along the lines of pitch invasions.

Some sort of protest along the lines of the one that Celtic fans had at McD a few years ago with all the balls getting kicked on the pitch ( of course "the best fans in the world" then ruined what was actually a very powerful protest by their usual inappropriate chants).

Would it be possible to smuggle a couple of hundred balls into the stadium?

As has been said by others a total fiasco by the SPFL.

I do hope however nobody does anything along the lines of pitch invasions.

Some sort of protest along the lines of the one that Celtic fans had at McD a few years ago with all the balls getting kicked on the pitch ( of course "the best fans in the world" then ruined what was actually a very powerful protest by their usual inappropriate chants).

Would it be possible to smuggle a couple of hundred balls into the stadium?

Its a big enough balls up without adding to it! :laugh:

Just to let everyone know, I called up hibs ticket office on 0844 844 1875 after trying several times going through the 'ticket sales' option by pressing number 1 they kept telling me I couldn't purchase a ticket because I had no loyalty points even after registering online with them. However, if you go through to option 2 (ticket enquiries) they don't seem to carry out this loyalty check and the woman happily sent me a ticket out in the post, in the wrong end but hey...

Gave this a blast 10 minutes ago - was told its all sold out - Just for info for any other punter trying to get tickets. Abysmal state of affairs, enjoy the game on Saturday folks!

Fair enough ,quicker than I thought but he probably saw the hooha on here & felt he had to get someone to write a statement for him.

Anyway Saints not squeaky clean in this fiasco,basing our requirements on a televised game at midday.

Anyway better late than never. All we need now to mend a few fences is for SB to tell Sevco & their £300,000 to get to.

Top wouldn't have been holding your breath for long. Credit where it's due, a good statement firmly laying the blame at door of SPFL and recognising supporters as the most important people

Some humble pie Cagey?

This quote thingy is hit or miss. Top 3 lines are mine.

Get it sorted Broom OOnnot your fault this time.

Edited by Cagey

Guest ScottMann

Not a great statement from Steve Brown. A couple of easy sound bites and an unconscious admission that due to the decision being delayed they could have told the fans a couple of weeks ago not to bother going out of their way to contact the SPFL or Saints on a daily basis as they stressed about the ticket situation but didn't. Much as expected really.

Brother in Law just managed to get 6 tickets on the Option 2 line. Lets fill this end with Saintees!!

Great to see Brooner  saying something and am actually surprised he  used the words fiasco and outrageous. Stronger than I thought it would be. Well done. Now lets all ask Doncaster to resign.. 

With you 100%. I think Doncaster is going to get a real doing tonight on BBC Radio Scotland, especially from Tom English who doesn't rate this turkey at all.

I think it's time for Doncaster to step down, lets keep the pressure on.

just read Statement on website - much stronger than expected  - Broons genes strong after all- hopefully keep up pressure on SPFL

next time we should demand 5000 and hand back anything afterwards

Tynecastle main stand redevelopment will hopefully take capacity closer to 20000,

we should have demanded stand alondside pitch not behind goals

definitley caught out by heightened expectations amongst Saints fans - we can actually win cups now

and as said previously 3pm on saturday and in Edinburgh means more attractive to all - Hampden not as travel friendly and puts lots more casual fans off.

As regular attender of all Scotlands games - travel nightmare most of time for games not at weekend - which seems more common now

can relax and look forward to weekend now but hopefully celebrating quietly until 5pm.

Just reading this you can see what a debacle it has turned in to!?! 

If Doncaster et al had honoured their pledge you wouldn't have fans missing out...

I think  an extra 500 would have probably been enough to satisfy Saints fans demands!!!

Instead you have fans heading towards segregated areas (not much fun for our fans but even less for theirs)

I know how annoyed I used to get when we were moved from the East to the main stand to accommodate Old Firm fans only to find you were sitting beside OF fans who had bought tickets in a segregated area! 

I do hope nothing kicks off if it does Doncaster is totally culpable...

COYS⚽️