Semi Final tickets

JSAINTEE99

They released a statement saying they would update fans when they knew something. No update = no change to what they know.

You don't have a background in customer service, do you...?

The people who are looking for tickets couldn't care less about whether a statement was released a week ago, or whenever.  Time is now short, they want a ticket, and for all they know it's a fluid situation.  It's faster to ask again - previous experience with our club's website tells us that, even though we all love them dearly, they aren't the quickest off the mark to get it updated.  The demand (ie. the fans) has every right to KEEP ON demanding.  If Saints are acting at as the middle man, their job in this case is to KEEP ON reiterating to the demand that they are actively putting pressure on the supply (ie. the SPFL) to have the tickets delivered.  That's something they haven't done.

It's all about management of expectations.  Neither the SPFL nor Saints have done it effectively.  That's why it's now out of control.

Edited by HertsAgain

So you want them to release a statement every day saying we know nothing?

TBH I would prefer a statement from the club which was upfront, honest and informative (none of which has been forthcoming)

Our fans have been treated as second class citizen's with the ludicrously low ticket allocation.

If it is the SPFL who are holding things up with the 500 tickets by not making a decision then  why can't OUR club at least come out with a statement to OUR fans showing there disappointment at the way that this is being handled.

The way they are staying quiet and towing the party line by spouting the SPFL propaganda of "We are waiting on confirmation from the Police/Match Commander"  is showing them to be complicit in the whole SPFL shambles.

Come on Saints stand up for your supporters!

I already have a ticket but even getting that was another story.  I was one of the ones who never got a voucher at the Hearts game but luckily I got a voucher from one of the guys on here (cheers Dave H).

This is pure speculation on my part, I know little of these things, but is it possible that the campaign to get Saintees to buy tickets in the Hibs end led the police to ask the empty section to be left empty, with the intention of identifying stray Saintees and moving them into it?

Think you are giving the police the advantage of a thought process.

The club are aware of the frustration felt by the fans who, to date, do not have tickets for the League Cup semi-final against Hibernian FC at Tynecastle and are waiting to hear if any more will become available. We wish to assure those fans that the club is in daily dialogue with the SPFL on the matter.

The Club shares the frustration that with only ten days remaining before the match we are still awaiting a definitive outcome.

We have been advised that security and safety matters at the stadium - specifically segregation – are under review with the appropriate authorities.

The outcome of this review will determine whether additional tickets can be provided and we can only hope that the decision will be made with little further delay, allowing our supporters to make travel arrangements if tickets do become available.

This statement seems pretty clear to me. The club are frustrated, they know as much as we do, they will update us when they know more.

...and an admirable statement it was...

...up to the last paragraph.  Then it's all hazy, ambiguous, unclear, and makes Saints out to not be in control.  They might not be as regards the tickets, but what they are in control of is how the club is perceived by it's fans.  Words like "whether", "hope", and "if" are not what fans looking for tickets to game in a week's time need.  They want to know Saints are on the case.  All that tells them is that they asked once, and they're really frustrated, which is great, but now they're sitting being passive, waiting for something to happen.

Edited by HertsAgain

...and an admirable statement it was...

...up to the last paragraph.  Then it's all hazy, ambiguous, unclear, and makes Saints out to not be in control.  They might not be as regards the tickets, but what they are in control of how the club is perceived by it's fans.  Words like "whether", "hope", and "if" are not what fans looking for tickets to game in a week need.  They want to know Saints are on the case.  All that tells me is that they asked once, and they're really frustrated, which is great, but now they're sitting being passive, waiting for something to happen.

And the bit about "daily dialogue" does show they're chasing it up. Sorry but there's not much more the club can do about this.

The SPFL is simply the umbrella organisation for the game up here.  As such, it's an administration and service vehicle that is utilised by all member (and presumably, contributing) clubs.  Since this is an administrative screw-up on a grand scale, it's clear that it's main operation is not fit for purpose - something we are not the first to remark on.

In this case, prior to the ticket ad which implied that Saints would get an extra allocation should the demand exist, administrators who are doing their job professionally will have looked at the layout of the stadium and covered the point that it would be possible to allocate those tickets should they be requested. It's basic risk management and is taught in schools.

With 5 days to go its clear that this was NOT done, otherwise (a) the extra tickets would not have been an advertised option, or (b) Saints would have already had the extra allocation, since the risk would have been mitigated up front.  In addition, the ambiguous terminology of the phrase "this allocation may increase" in the original ad leaves a lot to be desired as regards the judgement and ability of their sales and marketing people, and the lack of timely communication from the organisation as a whole as the situation has dragged on, shows complete and utter contempt for the people who keep them in business - football fans.

I don't buy this nonsense about keeping quiet "because it won't do any good".  The SPFL are not Saints boss - the structure is there to serve Saints and all the other clubs!  If I was Brown I'd be screaming for all I was worth about it to any and all media channels.  Football administration in this country is, and always has been, a joke.  Keeping silent about it and accepting it will not change it, and that's the very thing it desperately needs.  As many people as possible should embarrass the hell out of them as publicly as possible, and many times as possible.  From the top down, these people are uselessly unprofessional at best, and at worst downright corrupt, if you consider the way they pander to the ugly sisters - the whole thing needs scrapped and reinvented.

Someone suggested anti-SPFL protest banners on Saturday. I second that - the bigger the better.

What he said .Great post.

So just ignore the Daily dialogue then m8.

No, I didn't ignore it.  But unfortunately it's no more than fuzzy words.  Anyone could have a "daily dialogue" with the SPFL on the issue by simply tweeting/phoning/emailing them every day.  If the club are meant to be in a position to progress on the issue better than Joe Public, they should communicate how that's being done on a regular basis to those folk still looking for tickets.  Everyone's a winner then -  Fans know exactly where they stand, kudos to Saints for staying on the case, and at the same time showing the SPFL up for the numpties they are.

Repeated website updates don't cost anything apart from the time it takes to update them.  That is, if there's anything further to report...because if it turns out that all Saints HAVE done is ask once then sit on their hands, there will be consequences.  Any other business would be in the same position.  Many a floundering project has been let down more gently simply by telling the customer it was floundering in a timely manner...!  Talk to your support people where you work, they'll tell you the same thing! :wink:

What do you expect the club to do when the SPFL is probably not giving them what they're asking for?

Call a presser and get SB to kick up. Call the way the Saints fans have been treated is a disgrace and that if there is repercussions because of the mixed fans issue it is on the SPFL. 

We are no longer a diddy club and we want some respect.

It is now getting a bit  past the last chance saloon and while I agree with some that Saints  will be trying to push this, I also agree with others who suggest now would be the time for Saints to come out with something stronger statement wise.  The thing is, what is different today from last week. What possible excuse can the spfl/police/god/ whothefuckever have to have not reached a decision by now. NOTHING has changed and if they made a decision tomorrow it would be the EXACT same decision they would have come to last week FFS. ALL the facts are there, they have had them  since day one. It is utterly remarkable that these grown up people cannot get round a table,  look at the situation and make a FUCKING decision. The time is now BROONER. We have been told last Monday, we were told possibly Friday, then today..  So whats the truth, what's the hold up?? Maybe we should all go onto FB and message police Scotland and ask then if this  shambles is THEIR making and if it is,  is there any chance of them actually getting off the fence and  telling the public one way or another..

Whatever way you look at it it aint good.

Whilst I tend to think that the SPFL are the main culprits in this balls up I am not prepared to excuse Saints just because they say they are in daily touch to see if there has been progress.

Saints need a lesson in communications.  They must by now be well aware of the discontent amongst the fan base, the club's lifeblood.  What is needed is a statement explaining

1.  What was Saints original position regarding ticket allocation?  Did we meekly agree to 3,300 with a promise of 500 more if needed or did we ask for more and were overruled?  In actual fact I would not be too critical if we had taken the moderate line.

2.  However, when we sold out on 10th January what did we do then?  It was clear to posters on here that Hibs were going to take for ever to work through their draconian sales procedure.  Did anyone from Saints draw this to the SPFL's notice and demand a decision on the 500?  If so what was the SPFL response?

3.  How come segregation is now being reviewed?  Did nobody think about it in the first place?  Were the polis asked?  If not, why not?

4. Do Saints realise that a number of their fans have bought tickets in the Hibs areas?  Have they nothing to say about this?  There is an obvious danger that the Polis and the stewards will take an unsympathetic view to finding Saints fans in the wrong place and there could be trouble.  Trouble can easily be avoided by the club taking a proactive attitude and ensuring sensible arrangements are made to move fans if necessary - there could be 500 empty seats for goodness sake.

I have to say that the last time I was personally aware of poor communications like these is when I dealt with builders over problems with an extension I was having built.

I have to say that the last time I was personally aware of poor communications like these is when I dealt with builders over problems with an extension I was having built.

Good post. I think that's the saddest thing in all of this.  You might expect poor communication from a not very well run business, and the SPFL we know are exactly that.  Saints on the other hand...

It's a reputation thing.

I'm sorry but Saints have not done enough publicly around this issue. It's a disgrace yet our board look like the wee lamb we used to have on our badge!! I do not get the feeling they are that bothered about it now. What on paper looked like a cracking semi final draw has turned sour all over the place, we are playing sh#te, don't know what's happening with MOH and the ticket fiasco!! Guaranteed to win this one now!!

25 days ago Saints issued the ticket prices etc as agreed between clubs and the SPFL.

11 days ago it was announced that tickets for Saints fans were sold out and they wished to take up the 500 tickets which were deemed available.

Now here we are less than 5 days till kick off and it is becoming more apparent that the SPFL are just going to ignore the fans, by refusing to make a statement regarding extra tickets.

The S.P. FECKIN ELL can tell us that the 2016/17 season will kick off on 6 th August 2016, but can't/won't /don't know what's happening this. Saturday. 

Edited by HOODLUM65

25 days ago Saints issued the ticket prices etc as agreed between clubs and the SPFL.

11 days ago it was announced that tickets for Saints fans were sold out and they wished to take up the 500 tickets which were deemed available.

Now here we are less than 5 days till kick off and it is becoming more apparent that the SPFL are just going to ignore the fans, by refusing to make a statement regarding extra tickets.

The S.P. FECKIN ELL can tell us that the 2016/17 season will kick off on 6 th August 2016, but can't/won't /don't know what's happening this. Saturday. 

15 days ago HOODLUM. 10/1/16

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=3992