Saints vs Hibs LC Semi 30/01

David123

Anyone know of any links to watching the game streaming on computer?

I registered with Hibs TV, and sent them a message to see / make sure they will show the game. So not a paid registration yet. Paid is 9 quid a month. Im already international, but you can use Hola (my vpn I use) or other, to set your IP as international to watch. Suggest you do that for registration also, in case they flag UK registrations.

We've scored 3 in every round against Championship sides. See no difference here. 3-1 Saints. It's a banker!

Pitch will be heavy but thankfully we've had practice at McDiarmid in recent weeks, hope this works to our advantage. 

We should have the legs and stamina to out do them. Once their initial adrenaline runs out after 15 minutes and the fans quiet down as they realise we are bossing the game that will help a lot. We are in no rush, slippery surface surely means shoot on sight, a tactic we seem to avoid... 

Pitty our possession last weekend was low, as we need to own that ball this weekend. Chances will come we know that is for certain.  

I think we will be toasting an unlikely hero come full time.

Can't wait!  A trip to Hampden and win the league cup would write the addendum on the recent book release.

Edited by Dave H

ok. Confirmed from Hibs TV from an email. Thats something at least. Save my plane ticket for the final - wonder how much Hibs TV make off this and if earnings are split with SJFC? Doubt it. Saints probably think a live stream is a hot spot to throw out a salmon fly. Kmon Steve, fish are running!!

So I will watch live and pay Hibs. Anyone can register and get free audio if you want, or pay the 9 quid for live and use vpn if domestic or not needed if overseas

HIBERNIAN V ST JOHNSTONE

LIVE AUDIO FOR ALL. LIVE VIDEO FOR OVERSEAS SUBSCRIBERS (OUTSIDE UK AND ROI)

Next live game starts on: 
Sat, 30th Jan at 14:45

ok. Confirmed from Hibs TV from an email. Thats something at least. Save my plane ticket for the final - wonder how much Hibs TV make off this and if earnings are split with SJFC? Doubt it. Saints probably think a live stream is a hot spot to throw out a salmon fly. Kmon Steve, fish are running!!

So I will watch live and pay Hibs. Anyone can register and get free audio if you want, or pay the 9 quid for live and use vpn if domestic or not needed if overseas

HIBERNIAN V ST JOHNSTONE

sorry if I missed it but, what do UK users need to do to stream it?

use a vpn service to set up to look like you are connecting from another country. I use Hola, which is attached to chrome, but others out there. You may need to register making out you are international also. Ive used Hola for years, only way I can listen to off the ball would you believe. Why they block that, fuk knows :laugh:

Make sure when you log in, you are always set on international mode, just pick a country. Just google 'browse from another country', plenty of options.

Edited by Texas-Saint

i would use a vpn service to set yourself up to look like you are connecting from another country. I use Hola service, which is attached to the chrome browser, but many others out there. You may need to register making out you are international also. Ive used Hola for years, only way I can listen to off the ball would you believe. Why they block that, fuk knows :laugh:

Make sure when you log in, you are always set on international mode, just pick any country. Just google 'browse from another country', plenty of options.

cheers 

Can we all stand on Saturday please and not all sit down as soon as game starts like cowed school kids? Hibees will be on their feet throughout I'm certain!

Agree.  As a support we were pretty pish in that last semi-final at Tynecastle, so let's make it far more like the Saints crowd at the Ibrox semi.  

Constant singing and noise even when we are up against it.  Be good to see the Espana Cani scarf twirling as the players come out onto the pitch.

It's a massive opportunity to get to another Cup Final, let's play our part...

Agree.  As a support we were pretty pish in that last semi-final at Tynecastle, so let's make it far more like the Saints crowd at the Ibrox semi.  

Constant singing and noise even when we are up against it.  Be good to see the Espana Cani scarf twirling as the players come out onto the pitch.

It's a massive opportunity to get to another Cup Final, let's play our part...

I see your thinking but not everyone can stand.If everyone round you is happy thats great but if not please respect those who through no fault of their own cant stand and dont really want to look at the back of a parka for 90 mins.

I see your thinking but not everyone can stand.If everyone round you is happy thats great but if not please respect those who through no fault of their own cant stand and dont really want to look at the back of a parka for 90 mins.

I get what you are saying but this never appears to be a problem within other supports? Watch Celtic, Dons as well as most supports in English Premiership. They stand for the duration of the game. We all sat down at Celtic Park in cup final, Arabs on their feet!

I get what you are saying but this never appears to be a problem within other supports? Watch Celtic, Dons as well as most supports in English Premiership. They stand for the duration of the game. We all sat down at Celtic Park in cup final, Arabs on their feet!

Many fans only stand because it's the only way to see due to others standing so saying there isn't a problem is pretty naive. When others stand others are forced to stand against their preference which can cause problems.  I prefer sitting myself and would imagine a lot of our support are the same.  Saying 'most' English Premiership fans stand is pretty inaccurate from my experience. There are sections that do stand, and a lot of away supports do, but it's highly unlikely to even be the majority never mind 'most'.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/sep/04/take-stand-sitting-football-matches

I prefer standing (sometimes just get too worked up to sit down), but agree you need to think about the people behind you. Especially if it's kids, or someone who isn't comfortable standing. 

I'm sure we had a 'standing/singing' section at the front of the Roseburn when we played Aberdeen. The club actively promoted and sold those seats as such.

Great idea! Regrettably, the concept was ruined by individuals throwing stuff, breaking seats and invading the pitch. 

Personally, I've never noticed a majority of Celtic or Aberdeen fans who stand at matches. In all honesty, I don't really see the appeal. Is it considered more exciting because stewards frown upon it? When you walk into your furnished living room and switch on the TV, do you remain standing whilst you watch your favourite program?

Generally, at away matches, I consider the far-left section of seats (where the Young Team sit) to be a sort of unofficial standing area. If you want to stand, you can do it there. I like to be quite near those seats and partake in the Young Team's enthusiastic noise, but I purposely make sure that I'm never in that exact section as I don't want to be forced to stand. I don't mind it so much, but my dad finds it difficult to stand for a prolonged period of time.

As far as I'm concerned, you can create an equally good atmosphere whilst sitting down. It would unfortunately detract from our enjoyment of the match if people were standing in front of my dad.

Edited by The Real Saints

Row 9 in the Roseburn (the first row of the 'top tier') has been allocated in large part to people with disabilities.

If those in rows 7 & 8 stand then they will probably obscure the view of those in row 9.

I believe that the stewards have been made aware of this. Hopefully their input will not be necessary as this causes further problems as people can often be as unreasonable as the stewards are and react negatively.

I recall some unsavoury scenes at the last semi there v Aberdeen, with some of our own fans almost coming to blows over this standing/sitting stuff.

A bit of common sense and decency is all that's required for everyone to be able to see and enjoy the match.

Although if we're playing poorly and losing badly then please do stand up :P

As far as I'm concerned, you can create an equally good atmosphere whilst sitting down. It would unforunately detract from our enjoyment of the match if people were standing in front of my dad.

Exactly.  Equally true for small people as well.  I'll have a five-year-old with me who is absolutely *desperate* to see his heroes play in this game - not look at someone's back.

You get in, you see where your seat is, you look behind you, you see what the knock on effect of standing up is and if it causes a problem for anyone you sit down. It causes knock on arguments if people don't show consideration.

In saying that, being told to sit down inpatiently when the people in front of you are standing is extremely frustrating. I think a bit of understanding needs to be shown both ways. 

Edited by Ali91

In my experience of going to English Premier League matches, most fans sit on their seats in funeral-like silence. There may be sections that don't, but they're not the norm. And call me a maniac but I don't think I'd swap my experience at the Cup final for the experience the United fans were having.

I'm all for standing in standing areas, but if you're in an area where everyone is sitting (which will be the case at Tynecastle on Saturday) then you need to be respectful of other people around you and sit down. It's just basic manners. If you stand up, you'll be blocking the view of fellow Saints fans who want to see the match just as much as you do.

Never really understood where this idea comes from that you can't make noise at a football game if you're sitting down.

I don't mind either to be honest. Home games every other week I like to take it easy, just the one pint before the game in the Muirton Suite if time allows then to my seat in the East stand where I shall park my arse at kick off. I shall frequent the catering counter at half time where I make weekly purchases such as a pie and a cup of tea. I will then return to my seat where I will stand for the duration of half time then down again as the second half kicks off.

However... an away fixture tends to be a little bit less civilized, much drinking of beverages usually partaken on a train journey, tend to make me a little louder, confident, and some may say cockier, such are some of the side effects of the consumption of alcohol. This in part makes me quite happy once in the stadia of our rivals for the day to stand, sing and chant with arms stretched out during the match. Only however, should circumstances within my vicinity allow, i.e. those mentioned above.  

My point being that for a lot of people that wish to stand at a match may do so as they are enjoying an old school type away day which would have involved standing on terracing etc... so it may very well be a nostalgia thing, or maybe not. I enjoy both but for entirely differing reasons, though I will admit I do prefer to jump out of my seat in celebration of a goal as apposed to already being on my feet.

Row 9 in the Roseburn (the first row of the 'top tier') has been allocated in large part to people with disabilities.

If those in rows 7 & 8 stand then they will probably obscure the view of those in row 9.

I believe that the stewards have been made aware of this. Hopefully their input will not be necessary as this causes further problems as people can often be as unreasonable as the stewards are and react negatively.

I recall some unsavoury scenes at the last semi there v Aberdeen, with some of our own fans almost coming to blows over this standing/sitting stuff.

A bit of common sense and decency is all that's required for everyone to be able to see and enjoy the match.

Although if we're playing poorly and losing badly then please do stand up :P

rows 7 & 8 are the level below, anyone standing there and all will be as this is where the young team will be will not obscure the next level

HIBERNIAN V ST JOHNSTONE

Thank -You.