Saints vs Hibs LC Semi 30/01

David123

They are openly stating that fans found in the "wrong" end of the ground will be "ejected from the stadium".  I'd wager that there WILL be trouble if this starts happening - it's not Saints fans fault they couldn't get a ticket.  Not saying I'd get involved, but the sense of injustice over the tickets is palpable, and this cannot go by unchallenged.

I agree, I'm also puzzled by the official Saints Website statement.  It claims to be quoting an SPFL message but only the first main paragraph is in quotation marks.  The information about buses, rolls and refreshments is clearly from the Club and the various warnings which follow, including the ejection threat simply for being in the wrong part of the ground, are not in quotations either.  The instruction about sitting in your numbered seat contains a reference to "the stand being sold out".  Who made the specific reference in the singular - Saints or the SPFL?

Saints hands may well be tied but after the robust statements issued by Stevie and Tommy I was looking for some sort of sympathetic acknowledgment that a number of Saints fans will be in Hibs designated areas because of the outrageous ticket fiasco.  Hopefully efforts have been made behind the scenes to try and get sensible stewarding and policing.

national semi finals (the past 10 of both cups)

celtic - 12, Saints - 8, Dons - 8, Rangers - 8, Hibs - 7, United - 6, Falkirk - 6, Hearts - 6, ICT - 3, St Mirren - 3, County - 2, Pars - 2, Killie - 2, Motherwell - 2, QOS - 1, Raith - 1, Gretna - 1, Ayr - 1, and the mighty Dundee managed to get 1, 10 years ago

So only Celtic have more than us, partick and Hamilton zero.

NO TOO SHABBY FOR A WEE TEAM LIKE US.

They're 100% right in this instance though.

If they are going to take that line they should issue a statement telling the 100 - 200 fans who appear to have bought seats in the Hibs area to stay at home.  If there is heavy handed stewarding and trouble the Pontius Pilate/head in the sand approach is unlikely to save Saints from censure.  I sincerely hope that some effort is being made behind the scenes to reduce the risk of unpleasantness, that and the sensible attitude of the fans as advocated on WAP should ensure a peaceful afternoon.

The issue will be pissed up Saints fans sitting in the Hibs end making themselves obvious and then mouthing off when they eventually get kicked out, because they've convinced themselves that they're in the right and feel like they're proving a point because the SPFL cocked up the ticket sales.

If I hadn't managed to get a Roseburn ticket I'd definitely have bought one in the main stand just like a lot of people have done, but the security goons will be well within their rights to kick Saints fans out of this area, because them's the rules sadly. No obvious colours and piping the f*ck down should be the rule of thumb for Saints fans in that section, but I'm not sure that's what will happen.

Here's the match preview, lads and ladettes - http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=4045

The pre-match nerves are starting to kick in. I'd love to watch Sunday's Celtic v Ross County match on TV with the knowledge that the result is actually relevant to Saints.

Hope you all have a great day. To those Saints fans who are sitting amongst the Hibees, stay safe.

Edited by The Real Saints

I'm not surprised by the statement at all. It is normal procedure in every match for there to be a prematch security meeting involving police match commander, head steward, club reps and safety officers, and in this instance reps from Hearts too. The statement by Saints will merely be highlighting the information provided at that meeting. I am 100 % sure they are sympathetic to fans with tickets in away stand but can't go public on it. Wish some folk would give the board and the club a break. 

Here is the same statement on Hibs website

Hibernian fans will occupy the Main Stand, Gorgie Stand and Wheatfield Stand at Tynecastle Stadium (McLeod St, Edinburgh EH11 2NL).

Please note all match tickets have been sold in advance, so if you do not have a match ticket please do not travel.

Supporters should use the row and seat number as shown on their ticket. As the match is sold out it is not permissible to use a seat other than the one you have a ticket for.

Supporters found in the wrong area of the ground (i.e. amongst opposition support) will be ejected from the stadium.

The Hibernian Ticket Office will be open from 10am-3pm for supporters who haven’t already collected their tickets.

Turnstiles

The SPFL have issued the following message:

“All fans attending the Scottish League Cup Semi-Finals, presented by Utilita this weekend should note that enhanced search arrangements will be in place at these fixtures. This additional safety measure has the potential to delay entry into the ground so fans are strongly encouraged to get to the Stadium as early as possible. Turnstiles will be open 1 ½ hours before kick-off i.e. 1.30pm.

Alcohol and pyrotechnics are strictly prohibited in the ground and supporters may be turned away if they are deemed to be drunk on arrival. Hibernian FC will be charged in full for any damage caused to the infrastructure of the stadium, so please respect the property of the host club.

The Police Authorities will be extremely vigilant in the policing of The Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act, 1995.

Edited by 50yrs a Saint

I'm not surprised by the statement at all. It is normal procedure in every match for there to be a prematch security meeting involving police match commander, head steward, club reps and safety officers, and in this instance reps from Hearts too. The statement by Saints will merely be highlighting the information provided at that meeting. I am 100 % sure they are sympathetic to fans with tickets in away stand but can't go public on it. Wish some folk would give the board and the club a break. 

Here is the same statement on Hibs website

Hibernian fans will occupy the Main Stand, Gorgie Stand and Wheatfield Stand at Tynecastle Stadium (McLeod St, Edinburgh EH11 2NL).

Please note all match tickets have been sold in advance, so if you do not have a match ticket please do not travel.

Supporters should use the row and seat number as shown on their ticket. As the match is sold out it is not permissible to use a seat other than the one you have a ticket for.

Supporters found in the wrong area of the ground (i.e. amongst opposition support) will be ejected from the stadium.

The Hibernian Ticket Office will be open from 10am-3pm for supporters who haven’t already collected their tickets.

Turnstiles

The SPFL have issued the following message:

“All fans attending the Scottish League Cup Semi-Finals, presented by Utilita this weekend should note that enhanced search arrangements will be in place at these fixtures. This additional safety measure has the potential to delay entry into the ground so fans are strongly encouraged to get to the Stadium as early as possible. Turnstiles will be open 1 ½ hours before kick-off i.e. 1.30pm.

Alcohol and pyrotechnics are strictly prohibited in the ground and supporters may be turned away if they are deemed to be drunk on arrival. Hibernian FC will be charged in full for any damage caused to the infrastructure of the stadium, so please respect the property of the host club.

The Police Authorities will be extremely vigilant in the policing of The Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act, 1995.

Oh I see. Looks like they are expecting trouble.

Haven't noticed any such message/directive issued by the SPFL (who fecked up the stadium/ticket arrangements), Polis etc. prior to a game before.

Looks like fans in the 'wrong ' area will have to leave their colours at home, sit on their hands throughout the game and remain tight lipped till the end.

What a f ecking way to watch YOUR  team in a semi final of a national competition. 

Dung cast er and his henchmen should hang their heads in shame.

Sooner HE is EJECTED the better.