Alan Mannus: past his best?

Wee Mental Davie

So after a few friendlies and our first competitive game what are peoples thoughts on the first choice keeper? My personal thoughts are that Mannus when up to speed will be straight back in. Do others think it's  Zanders position to lose? Dunno but great situation though.

I would like to see Zander keep his position for beginning of league campaign.

• 3 months later...
Guest ScottMann

It is a bit Scotlandesque though. Plays magnificently for a few seasons and rarely gets any game time. Now he's dropped and hasn't played for at least a couple of months he's apparently going to start. Aye, football's a funny old game at times!

hmmm

GOAL - Northern Ireland 0-1 Croatia

Mario Mandzukic (9 mins)

Posted at 20:09

More scrambled than everyone's favourite way of cooking their morning eggs. 

Home keeper Alan Mannus pushes out an angled shot into his six-yard box, leaving a couple of green shirts and one red-and-white checked shirt diving onto the loose ball.

And it is Mario Mandzukic - the one Croatian - who reacts quickest to poke in the opener.

commanding his goal again

GOAL - Northern Ireland 0-2 Croatia

Duje Cop (35 mins)

Posted at 20:35

Too easy. Northern Ireland decide to play musical statues at a Croatia corner. Matej Mitrovic peels off the near post to flick on the set-piece and Duje Cop also escapes his marker to nod in. 

Two chances, two goals. Clinical. Michael O'Neill chomps even harder on his minty gum.

Guest ScottMann

George O'Boyle and Danny Griffin did it once or twice if my memory serves me well...so better check up on that! We've had more than one at levels below full international before.

Edited by ScottMann

Not sure there was a great deal he could do with any of the goals last night.

The first one, he does palm a shot into the six yard box and there is a scramble for the ball. Don't think he could have done much else with it.

Second one, flicked on at the front post and all the defenders are static, the Croatian guy isn't.

Third one is a beaut. Not a chance of getting it.

He did pick up a back pass in the second half, although it was a bit harsh judging it as a back pass. The bloke ballooned the shot over the bar from the free kick.