Dundee v St.Johnstone

SaintJet

saints looked poor need reshaping only McManus Anderson spoony macca played from the cup final team saints quality and leadership at the back midfield would only give pass marks to muzz for trying lappin same pace spoony played poor Swanson lost the ball two often Craig has not been the anywhere near the player first time round,Cummins will improve I hope macca had an off day no service this is relegation form at the moment this summer get shot of lappin scobbie Sutton Craig fisher back to Celtic bring in a new right back centre half some young blood in the middle and give hunter Thompson Kane and zander a proper chance to show what they can do and bring midge back against Motherwell

Edited by tucker

the annoying thing is you are probably right but I get bored easily.....get someone else in to make my weekends less predictable ha

hahaha Saints are so predictably unpredictable it's only a few weeks since we humiliated Aberdeen, ok we won't be challenging at the top, but time to regroup! Not making excuses but we have had a lot of changes to contend with & we only have a small squad & a smaller budget

I think Macca has been poor for a while.  I think someone else mentioned the way Hibs capitulated a couple of seasons back.  We look like going the same way.  

I've no idea why I team that looked so confident can suddenly look so dishevelled, unbalanced and devout of ideas. 

I mean we got in behind the Dundee defence but just froze.  

There seems to be a real panic when we get the ball. 

I know we are decimated by injuries but even still, our greatest asset was our togetherness as a squad and the ability to plug the gaps when suspensions and injuries took there toll. 

Tommy and Callum have a lot of work to do in the coming weeks to turn this around. 

You can take all the plaudits when things are going well,you have to hold your hands up when they ain't going to plan. 

When the team is needing of a bit of pace and different direction then the eagerness, energy and speed of Thomson and Kane looked the only option. I would rather get beat trying to win the game back than humping long balls into the area when we're 2-0 down.  

We were at our best earlier in the season getting to the byline.  

Making other teams make mistakes 

Now we are just playing into their hands every game.  

Edited by Dr Christmas Jones

I also think it's pretty crap picking on Swanson when there are players that have been playing pretty poorly week in week out for the last 2 months.  

I still think the chopping and changing of the defence is at the heart of the matter.  We were solid for a long time and the constant tinkering ( sometimes when there has been no need to)of the back four hasn't helped us in anyway. 

hahaha Saints are so predictably unpredictable it's only a few weeks since we humiliated Aberdeen, ok we won't be challenging at the top, but time to regroup! Not making excuses but we have had a lot of changes to contend with & we only have a small squad & a smaller budget

a few weeks since we humiliated Aberdeen? That was at the beginning of October. We haven't won a game since the beginning of December and after last night I didn't see much to change that any time soon, no fight no passion and extremely poor decisions from Tommy with no plan B and like for like changes. I'm extremely worried that we could end up in a right dog fight for relegation because I can't see this slump changing any time soon.

Operation survival for remainder of season

if we manage it, get all the youngsters out on loan back and look to gel a younger, fresher team over the summer ready for the following season

Too many in our team now have had their day where they can be at a level of consistency week in week out needed at this level

Not read through the thread, but here's my tuppenceworth.

I'm usually the type who tries to see the positive with Saints and I'm prepared to accept that we can't win every game.  However, I'm not prepared to accept a complete lack of fight and couldn't care less attitude and that is what was delivered to us last night.  It's hard to believe that this is basically the same squad who have fought and battled so hard over the last few seasons, because that was laying down and being bullied of the very worst kind last night.  These players are currently cheating the fans and the club and should be thoroughly ashamed this morning.

Getting rid of Tommy Wright would be a crazy thing to do, it wasint tha long ago we where all saying how great he was..Hes a loyal manager which is very rare to find, replace him with a younger manager! Who someone like j mac!!!!..we need to appreciate what we have, am standing by tommy he has a VERY difficult job i really hope he browns give him some of the moh money, maby tommy has lost interest and heart.We have to remember how well this club has done under him, but its still bit of a nervous time right now, i find it strange that we where flying and playing great football but then it all changed in november, makes me think something is going on in the background.,

Someone whos opinion I value said to me last night " Dundee are not playing very well either"....I replied "Sadly they dont need to"

Cant believe I am going to spend Sat.afternoon looking down the league and hoping the "right" team wins to make us less vulnerable.

We must "rest" at least 4 players for Jags game and freshen things up

teams are now onto us; press us as soon as we get on the ball, don't let us settle.  We're slow and ponderous in possession.  Hibs did it to us, Aberdeen did it from half way thru the second half and Dundee did it last night.  We have to start moving the ball on quicker and dwelling on it far less.  This means players have to be quicker to make themselves available for the pass as well.

we also have to play with a holding midfielder who stays in position all game and doesn't go forward and support our attacks.  There's not enough protection for the defence.  Every time we lose the ball our defence is under pressure and we are susceptible to the counter attack.

Need to be sharper.  Dundee have a shot comes off our keeper they score the rebound.  Liam Craig the same, we're second to it and they clear it.  That was the story all night.

Id get the team in the mindset of a relegation struggle for the next few games.  Be prepared to shitfest your way to a 1-0 win for a few draws away from home.  Play 5 in midfield if need be.   Throw yourself in front of everything for the cause.  Let's get points on the board and distance away from second bottom now instead of carrying on being wide open and getting picked off, and the panic sets in and we have a genuine scrap on our hands.

we had quite a few games last season where we hardly created anything, but a solid defence won us loads of points.  This season we have been far more entertaining to watch, but now we simply need points on the board so for a few weeks that's all we should care about.  A couple of scrappy 1-0 wins would be great...!!

Edited by PauloPerth
typo

Someone whos opinion I value said to me last night " Dundee are not playing very well either"....I replied "Sadly they dont need to"

Cant believe I am going to spend Sat.afternoon looking down the league and hoping the "right" team wins to make us less vulnerable.

We must "rest" at least 4 players for Jags game and freshen things up

Its Motherwell next, mind, that team who we created nothing against as they strolled to an easy victory at the end of last year.

we had quite a few games last season where we hardly created anything, but a solid defence won us loads of points.  This season we have been far more entertaining to watch, but now we simply need points on the board so for a few weeks that's all we should care about.  A couple of scrappy 1-0 wins would be great...!!

Mind when folk were saying they'd rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0 in a shite game?

Wonder if they still hold that opinion.

Tommy has again been making a public play for more funds. The top 2 chat and recently with the MOH money,(having a talk with the chairman). I would assume that he's been rebuffed again as the January window might suggest.

Must have been pretty frustrating to see Hemmings rip the piss after wanting to sign him.

Were we not after Ross as well?

And Holt?

And Extraberguren?

And Loy?

Tough summer ahead especially as the majority of the team are all comfortably under contract for next season. So Tommy isn't blameless here tbh.

How many minutes has Thomson had since his motm performance a few weeks ago?

If we lose the next two games, I believe we will eventually end up in the play offs and Hibs will beat us. We are staring relegation in the face. It doesn't matter what happened in September and October although I'm still struggling to believe how far we've fallen as it's essentially the same side.  I've remained positive throughout the last few weeks but I contemplated leaving after 65 minutes last night as it was obvious nothing was going to change. Very, very poor management from TW, all we got was like for like changes. Actually thought his decision to bring on Craig instead of Thomson was embarrassing as it meant moving Swanson to the right and ultimately annulling our only viable creative option. 

Slow, unfit, poor decision making, disinterested, bad attitude. It's rife throughout the side. The two full backs got on the ball in good positions to get forward and there was NOBODY in front of them. We had no out ball time after time so we passed it sideways and Dundee robbed us. Every. Single. Time. Tam is a better defender than Easton but Easton gives us more going forward. Fisher was excellent in attack last night but skied two shots, turned onto his left foot for some bizarre reason more than once and other times shat it and turned back instead of crossing. 

There is no fight in this team. Absolutely no fight. We won't pick up another point playing like that. I don't even have the will to talk about the rest of the team. For once the defence wasn't even bad. That tells you all you need to know. 

Edited by SaintSam1884

Tommy has again been making a public play for more funds. The top 2 chat and recently with the MOH money,(having a talk with the chairman). I would assume that he's been rebuffed again as the January window might suggest.

Must have been pretty frustrating to see Hemmings rip the piss after wanting to sign him.

Were we not after Ross as well?

And Holt?

And Extraberguren?

And Loy?

Tough summer ahead especially as the majority of the team are all comfortably under contract for next season. So Tommy isn't blameless here tbh.

How many minutes has Thomson had since his motm performance a few weeks ago?

We were interested in Holt, Loy and Reilly apparently. We also tried to sign Scougall, Law and Cammy Smith in January. Not one of those came off. Its the same story with us trying to sign Dow and Alston in the Summer, we wait and wait and wait and someone else swoops in and steals them. 

Since his MoM performance against Hamilton he's played 7 minutes. Wotherspoons played 318...

Since his MoM performance against Hamilton he's played 7 minutes. Wotherspoons played 318...

unbelievable statistic.  I'm a huge fan of wotherspoon, but when he's good he's brilliant and when he's poor he's embarrassingly bad. He's on a poor run just now and the rest of the team can't carry that.  In the past they have.

how spoony, Swanson, and for spells an unfit Cummins are preferred replacements for O'Halloran boggles my mind.

edit - I'm talking about wide right. Swanson is fine on the left. 

Edited by montrosesaintee