U.S.A. Presidential Campaign.

HOODLUM65

Scotland has a very large balance of payments surplus. As does Wales and Norn Irn. The deficit is entirely an English thing.

Did an all-nighter. Braw fun. Funny as fek watching Andrew Neil and co trying to stay neutral and professional when clearly they just wanted to scream wtf? 

2014 - 16 hasn't been boring for us political geeks!

Unfortunately Trump holds grudges so it could work against Scotland. I wish wee Jimmy Krankie would keep her mouth shut & consentrate on the problems with education,police & the balance of payment problems in Scotland.

Why do you have to call her "Jimmy krankie" and not just Nicola Sturgeon? Such a hilarious insult though...

Imagine her commenting on a world political news story! In the 10 minutes she took to do that, Scotland stopped running itself and fell apart. Amazing.

Well to an extent. The Republicans now become their own opposition, in the same way that the Tories are set to become here given the unelectability of anyone else at U.K. Level in the foreseeable future. 

But compromising with your own congressional leaders is a different ball game to compromising with those of another party. The Obama administration was a huge disappointment because he couldn't actually get anything meaningful done because he didn't have Congress, and eventually he gave up and just played golf. Trump will be able to get a lot through. Remember he now gives out all the jobs!

Further to that, if you want to take a very long term view, the real, REAL danger here is that Trump can now appoint one, probably two Supreme Court judges. Plus possibly others in the next four or eight years. That will shift the Supreme Court emphatically to the right, which puts under threat stuff like abortion rights, gay marriage, the teaching of evolution, genetic research and heaps of other progressive legislation. You have to remember that the USA is essentially a far right oligarchy crippled by religious fundamentalism and sickening nativism with a thin veneer of civilisation that was broken through last night.

Edited by Abernethy Saint

Why do you have to call her "Jimmy krankie" and not just Nicola Sturgeon? Such a hilarious insult though...

Imagine her commenting on a world political news story! In the 10 minutes she took to do that, Scotland stopped running itself and fell apart. Amazing.

Because she is his double & I can't stand her.

Its not the time it took to insult Trump,it is the 4 months she has spent touring Europe fighting a lost cause. Oh & I forgot the NHS that she spent years in charge of that has received a lot of criticism in a recent report.

Because she is his double & I can't stand her.

Its not the time it took to insult Trump,it is the 4 months she has spent touring Europe fighting a lost cause. Oh & I forgot the NHS that she spent years in charge of that has received a lot of criticism in a recent report.

1. She has spent about a day touring Europe.

2. The cause isn't lost.

3. The Scottish NHS is miles ahead of its almost privatised, falling apart English equivalent on almost every measure. 

4. He is a she.

Youre welcome.

1. She has spent about a day touring Europe.

2. The cause isn't lost.

3. The Scottish NHS is miles ahead of its almost privatised, falling apart English equivalent on almost every measure. 

4. He is a she.

Youre welcome.

4. I know but didn't want to confuse HSF.

3. SO not as bad as England is alright then.

2. The people in UK have spoken so it will happen.(may take a few years)

1.She has been to Ireland & Wales % Sheffield as well last week. (at the moment they are still in Europe)

The "sad" fact is that someone is probably going to put a bullet through him and the chances are that it will come from "within"

Eight years ago a question doing the rounds was - who is likely to be the 2nd catholic to be US President?  The answer was Joe Biden because it was assumed some racist fanatic would put a bullet in Obama.  Does Mike Pence now qualify as the answer?  He has a catholic background but nobody (including him) is quite sure what his present religious status is.  However, happily, with Obama the question did not arise.

You have to remember that the USA is essentially a far right oligarchy crippled by religious fundamentalism and sickening nativism with a thin veneer of civilisation that was broken through last night.

A sweeping statement - during the election more people voted for Hillary than Trump (aka the popular vote - which doesn't count of course).  There are however a large amount of these types of people you mention - the majority based in small town, middle America and the South (my own sweeping statement).  Thankfully I don't know any of them!!  There are large amounts of more progressive types - myself and people I know included - many based in the big cities and the two coasts.  Last night was a big loss....but in a democracy (where things usually swing back and forth between the parties) not entirely unexpected.

And per filmmaker Michael Moore as part of his 5 point plan after the election:

You must say this sentence to everyone you meet today: “HILLARY CLINTON WON THE POPULAR VOTE!” The MAJORITY of our fellow Americans preferred Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. Period. Fact. If you woke up this morning thinking you live in an effed-up country, you don’t. The majority of your fellow Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he’s president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Until we change that, we’ll continue to have presidents we didn’t elect and didn’t want. You live in a country where a majority of its citizens have said they believe there’s climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don’t want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage and they want a single-payer true universal health care system. None of that has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the “liberal” position. We just lack the liberal leadership to make that happen.