Other games on the go

Edstar101

I see the next Old Firm hatefest has been moved to a Sunday because TV think it will be the game where Rangers* clinch the title.  If Celtic drop more points in the meantime thus meaning the title could be settled way before this game I wonder if Rangers* will be tempted to drop points too so their fans can have the pleasure of paying to see the title won at the ground they call the piggery.

16 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Referee McClean awards a penalty to Hearts when the ball strikes an Ayr player on the right thigh , then hits his arm.

Rule states No penalty.

Steven McClean 1  Ayr  Nil.

I think McClean has a record for giving Dodgy pens.

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Livi game OFF after 8 inches of snow on the pitch.

Whatever happened to making every effort to get the game on.

Frightened scraping the snow might damage the Plastic. ( sorry, allweather pitch).:laugh::laugh:

Yet Saints managed to move the same amount off the Astro to allow training to go ahead.

p.s. this thread is called ’other games on the go’ not Livi fail again!!

15 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Livi game OFF after 8 inches of snow on the pitch.

Whatever happened to making every effort to get the game on.

Frightened scraping the snow might damage the Plastic. ( sorry, allweather pitch).:laugh::laugh:

I wonder if the snow was also in the process of falling heavily? I think under those circumstances trying to clear the pitch would be pretty fruitless. But otherwise, yeah, it doesn't feel like they're doing enough to get these matches on.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I wonder if the snow was also in the process of falling heavily? I think under those circumstances trying to clear the pitch would be pretty fruitless. But otherwise, yeah, it doesn't feel like they're doing enough to get these matches on.

They said they did a test section to see how much snow there was and if they were to do it for the whole pitch they would have had a six foot wall of snow the whole way round.

No idea if it was forecast for more snow there but their weather has always been more extreme than both Edinburgh and Glasgow.

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

They said they did a test section to see how much snow there was and if they were to do it for the whole pitch they would have had a six foot wall of snow the whole way round.

No idea if it was forecast for more snow there but their weather has always been more extreme than both Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Aye, they'd need a 7 foot ladder to retrieve the ball from the top of the wall.:D;)