Other games on the go

Edstar101

What are folks thoughts on the playoff 2nd leg tonight?  I'm torn as I'd prefer to play Dundee next season, but there's the Tommy Wright element - I was riled by his comment that surviving the drop would eclipse anything he did at Saints, but nevertheless I don't know whether I want to see a Saints legend fail against our most despised rivals?

Edited by montrosesaintee

2 hours ago, montrosesaintee said:

What are folks thoughts on the playoff 2nd leg tonight?  I'm torn as I'd prefer to play Dundee next season, but there's the Tommy Wright element - I was riled by his comment that surviving the drop would eclipse anything he did at Saints, but nevertheless I don't know whether I want to see a Saints legend fail against our most despised rivals?

Easy one Dundee up Killie down another plastic pitch out the league. Tommy brought us our first national trophy but no place for sentiment Dundee up means more money

2 hours ago, montrosesaintee said:

I am always in favour of the team in the lower league winning the play off.

Killie haven't been in the lower leagues since 1993 - that's been a helluva good run.

I wondered if it might have been in Tommy's contract that they can get rid of him if he doesn't keep them up, but from the way he was speaking last night it seems he's very much expecting to be there next season.

I've seen comments from a few Saints fans online who sounded like they couldn't wait to put the boot into him. That makes no sense to me at all. The guy's an absolute hero in my eyes and always will be.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Killie haven't been in the lower leagues since 1993 - that's been a helluva good run.

I wondered if it might have been in Tommy's contract that they can get rid of him if he doesn't keep them up, but from the way he was speaking last night it seems he's very much expecting to be there next season.

I've seen comments from a few Saints fans online who sounded like they couldn't wait to put the boot into him. That makes no sense to me at all. The guy's an absolute hero in my eyes and always will be.

My reading of the situation exactly.  Tommy is not daft, he would not sign a contract so one sided.  If Killie want him to go it will cost them.  Tommy seems to have made it clear he wanted time to build his own team which will mean getting rid of haddies like the guy who left the player he was supposed to be marking to tackle a guy who was already marked leaving an obvious pass for the first goal.

On this day 26 May..

1909-- Sir Matt Busby was born.

1999--Sir Alex Ferguson's Man.Utd. won the Champions league

1999--Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scored twice in a

2-1win against Bayern Munich.

2021--Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Man. Utd. V Villareal.

Edited by HOODLUM65