Other games on the go

Edstar101

19 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

I’m assuming it’s another brilliant rearguard performance so far by Dundee Utd with 24% possession, 2 shots compared with 15 and losing 2-0 at home to Celtic at HT. can’t wait to hear the amateur pundits comments on this.

Nothing brilliant about United yesterday, possibly the worst performance against Celtic I can remember, should have been 7-0 at least.  We had one corner (70th minute), and that corner was the sum total of ‘pressure’.  The fans never once in the course of the 90 mins  had the chance to chant, shout or cheer.  Celtic played this like a practice match.  

Third dreadful performance in a week….gonna be a long December for Arabs!  

On Saturday I went to watch Dulwich Hamlet beat Ebbsfleet 5-2 in the National League South. Actually got me down a bit to compare what the players were doing at that level to what I see each week in the Scottish Premiership. For the most part the players down there aren't as good as they are at Saints' level, but they at least try to pass the ball on the deck, play it out from the back and be creative up front. Such a contrast to most Scottish sides I've watched this season who often just seem to punt the ball aimlessly forward and try to come out on top of a midfield scrap.

11 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Nothing brilliant about United yesterday, possibly the worst performance against Celtic I can remember, should have been 7-0 at least.  We had one corner (70th minute), and that corner was the sum total of ‘pressure’.  The fans never once in the course of the 90 mins  had the chance to chant, shout or cheer.  Celtic played this like a practice match.  

Third dreadful performance in a week….gonna be a long December for Arabs!  

Welcome to my world of poor performances from Saints and Tranmere at present!!