Partick v Saints 23/2/16

RandomGuy

Millars hamstrings gone again apparently, he'll probably change his mind if he can be bothered though. Muzz had concussion.

Looks like both will miss Saturday, with Muzz potentially returning for Thistles return visit this time next week

As I said earlier it was crazy to play Midge on two heavy pitches within 3 days.

Tommys judgement has to be questioned.

thought Craig was poor again tonight not even half the player he was lappin played well his delivery's at set plays etc are great ,touch of class at moment s tonight think its time to give Kane and Sutton a chance because to be frank macca and Cummins are struggling does anyone know why macca never even made the bench tonight

thought Craig was poor again tonight not even half the player he was lappin played well his delivery's at set plays etc are great ,touch of class at moment s tonight think its time to give Kane and Sutton a chance because to be frank macca and Cummins are struggling does anyone know why macca never even made the bench tonight

Thought the opposite. Craig played some great balls down the left and worked us into good areas. Lappin I forgot was even playing.

Shit performance, utter master class in pish poor management. Got what we deserved again. To be honest we're lucky we even got nil. Oh and **** of with bringing Sutton on. He is NOT and NEVER will be the answer. I could rant on but frankly I cannae be arsed anymore.

That was a fairly even game until Millar went off injured. You realise how important he is when you take him out of the team. Was it worth risking him again, after playing his first full game in ages only 3 days earlier? I think our central midfield lack of options forces Tommy to stick him in at every opportunity.

The back 4 had looked really solid and it did seem like trying to give Pramen his debut disrupted us too much as from there on Thistle dominated the midfield and we weren't as assured at the back. We played far more football than Saturday but didn't create too much. I didn't think Cummins was great tonight. If we have one up front he has to hold the ball up and involve the midfield in attacks more.. He didn't. Swanson was great first half but tired badly. In the end he was keeping the ball too long and losing it every time. Spoony had a decent game.  

We had a couple of good attacks down the left hand side in the second half which Liam was involved with, but otherwise I think he has to give a lot more. I thought he was poor at the weekend as well. Lappin also didn't do a lot wrong but for playing central midfield there's long spells where he's not involved in the game.

We are having a torrid season with injuries. Maclean, Easton, Mackay, then Davidson and finally Millar all off the park injured. It really limits things when we have so many enforced changes.

That was a fairly even game until Millar went off injured. You realise how important he is when you take him out of the team. Was it worth risking him again, after playing his first full game in ages only 3 days earlier? I think our central midfield lack of options forces Tommy to stick him in at every opportunity.

The back 4 had looked really solid and it did seem like trying to give Pramen his debut disrupted us too much as from there on Thistle dominated the midfield and we weren't as assured at the back. We played far more football than Saturday but didn't create too much. I didn't think Cummins was great tonight. If we have one up front he has to hold the ball up and involve the midfield in attacks more.. He didn't. Swanson was great first half but tired badly. In the end he was keeping the ball too long and losing it every time. Spoony had a decent game.  

We had a couple of good attacks down the left hand side in the second half which Liam was involved with, but otherwise I think he has to give a lot more. I thought he was poor at the weekend as well. Lappin also didn't do a lot wrong but for playing central midfield there's long spells where he's not involved in the game.

We are having a torrid season with injuries. Maclean, Easton, Mackay, then Davidson and finally Millar all off the park injured. It really limits things when we have so many enforced changes.

yep,a reasonable summing up there chief.

2300 at the game and they go on about our crowds.

i wonder if we can surpass that at the return match next week.

You raise a good point. If we had a crowd like that we would be absolutely slaughtered. Decent, positive away following except for our racist.

Actually thought we've been worse than that recently. Not too disheartened with the performance as a solo effort, but combine it with recent results/performances and it's worrying. 

Thought losing Muzz was as bad as losing Millar - it meant high balls were only ever going to reach Cummins and he was put under too much pressure with little support most of the time. Swanson showed some good touches but also held onto the ball too long at times. Spoony was ok but Craig rarely (at least until the end) ran with the ball when he got it on the wing and instead held up the play too often.
Thought Scobbie and Lappin both had decent games though. Need to see the goals again to see if Mannus could have reached either.

Have to say I was disgusted when Tommy turned round and clearly said "Oh f*** off" to Ghosty after Ghosty sharing some home truths about he felt the team were performing, Wonder if that's his choice of vocabulary when Kane asks if there's any chance of him playing...

Second half they dominated us interesting tactics and subs from Tommy again Cummins was beyond isolated, winning flick ons but coming to nothing due to nobody gambling on the flick. They also looked very slow at the back but instead of injecting a bit of pace with Kane to chase those flicks when he eventually went 2 up top he brings on the true speed demon, John Sutton.

Sounds like their keeper had a great save from Swanson early on. No idea what their goals were like, but when was the last time Mannus had one of those games where he looked liked he wasn't going to be beaten

Team needs refreshed, and a period of change between the sticks will only add to that

Dont remember mannus making a bread & butter save this season never mind a spectacular one. You dont mind a keeper being beat from 25/30 yards if its in top corner but he has been beaten by pretty savsble shots in my book.

Thing is if you look at stats other teams have not had many shots on target in lsst 4/5 games that have not resulted in goals.

A well measured summery of the game and the issues much better that the "we were pish" posts and shouts form some.

Yet again injuries have forced us to lose our 2 central midfielders, pretty similar to the Motherwell game where Muzz and MOH were subbed.

Thought we had our chances, Cummins of 4 months ago would have buried a couple of them. Don't really understand the must play 2 up front brigade, if your central midfielders and your wide men are getting up and down the pitch then you are better with only 1 up, last night Swanson was excellent in that role for the first half.  

Back up to Pittodrie on Saturday and do what we did the last time please! PS Any word on McLean was he ill or injured?

Have to say I was disgusted when Tommy turned round and clearly said "Oh f*** off" to Ghosty after Ghosty sharing some home truths about he felt the team were performing,

So a fan can say what he likes and be as vocal as he likes and talk as much shite as he likes but a manager cant tell some him what he thinks. 

Just cause someone has a loud voice does not make what he says right and has to be obeyed.

We were ok until Millar went off. After that though, there was only going to be one winner. We REALLY need to sign some proper competition/cover in the centre of midfield. Wotherspoon, Lappin and Craig can all play there, but it's not their best position and the drop in quality without Millar and/or Davidson is massive. However, the change Tommy made is pretty unforgivable. We were already disrupting the midfield, so why on earth did the manager move 2 defenders out of their best positions to accommodate bringing on a boy who's not been with his new team mates for very long, who doesn't speak English very well? Madness. Thomson on, move him to the right wing and Spoony can have a go in the middle. Surely not rocket science? Also feel for Darnell, who had another decent game at right back, getting thrown back into midfield where he's pretty dreadful.

Big summer ahead for Tommy. The summer of 2014 has cost us the chance to rebuild and replenish gradually - it now looks like we may need to do it in the space of a single summer window. He's got the funds though and the benefit of the increased budget. It's on him.

Have to say I was disgusted when Tommy turned round and clearly said "Oh f*** off" to Ghosty after Ghosty sharing some home truths about he felt the team were performing, Wonder if that's his choice of vocabulary when Kane asks if there's any chance of him playing...

Second half they dominated us interesting tactics and subs from Tommy again Cummins was beyond isolated, winning flick ons but coming to nothing due to nobody gambling on the flick. They also looked very slow at the back but instead of injecting a bit of pace with Kane to chase those flicks when he eventually went 2 up top he brings on the true speed demon, John Sutton.

canny be bothered with folk who would rather shout negatives from the sidelines than be supportive. At the end of the day it's  TW's neck that's on the line with team selections. If ghosty is who I think he is I would be telling him to F off too. I've seen him in action & he is a pain in the backside to sit near never mind beside. I don't doubt his commitment to Saints but it is the wrong kind IMO.  We are hit by injuries to key players, team in transition etcetera but we should be getting behind the team. We are still in the top half Ffs.. I don't stand by this 'I have paid my money & I can shout what I like' rather leave that to TFOD

too many goody- two - shoes looking down on people who voice opinions.

Anyone is entitled to shout their disapproval if they pay their hard earned cash every week.

aslong as supporters back the team and go along then they are entitled voice an opinion.

fair play to one an all.