Partick v Saints 23/2/16

RandomGuy

Ghostie is loud, and I am sure his frustration got the better of him last night

However, comments above are unwarranted as he not only supports the club home and away but does a lot of stuff in his own time for the club and the players

As far as I'm concerned, that's irrelevant. 'Doing a lot of stuff for the club' shouldn't automatically give you more free rein than other Saints supporters.

Dave Mackay was sitting in the stands last night. He has done a lot for the club, but I imagine he'd receive criticism if he acted in a similar way.

This isn't an isolated incident. People who were in the vicinity of Ghostie at Dens Park would attest to that. They have a right to speak out if it's negatively affecting their matchday experience.

too many goody- two - shoes looking down on people who voice opinions.

Anyone is entitled to shout their disapproval if they pay their hard earned cash every week.

aslong as supporters back the team and go along then they are entitled voice an opinion.

fair play to one an all.

Ghostie is entitled to voice his opinions whenever he wants, and other people are entitled to criticise the content of these opinions and the manner in which they are voiced.

Edited by The Real Saints

Ghostie is loud, and I am sure his frustration got the better of him last night

However, comments above are unwarranted as he not only supports the club home and away but does a lot of stuff in his own time for the club and the players

like I say don't doubt his commitment fans like him a rare, however and this is only my opinion not a slag fest I like him! But he goes over the score sometimes and his verbal abuse can be OTT .... My point really was if I was at work and I had customers shouting abuse at me not only would they be arrested I would want to do a TW & tell them to F off too.... 

like I say don't doubt his commitment fans like him a rare, however and this is only my opinion not a slag fest I like him! But he goes over the score sometimes and his verbal abuse can be OTT .... My point really was if I was at work and I had customers shouting abuse at me not only would they be arrested I would want to do a TW & tell them to F off too.... 

I don't know Ghost apart from crossing swords with on this forum from time to time. I will support him 100% on this matter though - St.Johnstone are in the entertainment business and if he is paying to watch the team he is entitled to let fly -  TW is welcome to fire back too, and I would expect it. - at least it shows he is getting pis*ed off with our current form and he should be.

canny be bothered with folk who would rather shout negatives from the sidelines than be supportive. At the end of the day it's  TW's neck that's on the line with team selections. If ghosty is who I think he is I would be telling him to F off too. I've seen him in action & he is a pain in the backside to sit near never mind beside. I don't doubt his commitment to Saints but it is the wrong kind IMO.  We are hit by injuries to key players, team in transition etcetera but we should be getting behind the team. We are still in the top half Ffs.. I don't stand by this 'I have paid my money & I can shout what I like' rather leave that to TFOD

I keep hearing about injuries to key players: who are they? Okay Cup tie is out. Who else? Muzz is periodically injured but has had a more sustained run this year than past years, Millar is in and out but again you could hardly say he is long term injured. There has been seasons where we have had players out for months on end - long term injured. We don't have a big squad but we need to stop hiding behind this, we have players with first team experience so we have cover.

You raise a good point. If we had a crowd like that we would be absolutely slaughtered. Decent, positive away following except for our racist.

Actually thought we've been worse than that recently. Not too disheartened with the performance as a solo effort, but combine it with recent results/performances and it's worrying. 

Glad I wasn't the only one who heard this.....!!!    I'm sure SLF knows exactly what we are talking about also.  Absolutely disgraceful comment.  Should be ashamed of yourself.

Talking about our holding midfielder problem, why is Scott Brown not at least making the bench. He looked great when he broke into the first team, made a few mistakes like young players do, then dropped like a hot brick. TW sees him in training every day I suppose, but I reckong he could do worse than giving him a chance instead of Millar being in for one game and out for two or three as he is playing while not fully fit. Just a though

As far as I'm concerned, that's irrelevant. 'Doing a lot of stuff for the club' shouldn't automatically give you more free rein than other Saints supporters.

Dave Mackay was sitting in the stands last night. He has done a lot for the club, but I imagine he'd receive criticism if he acted in a similar way.

This isn't an isolated incident. People who were in the vicinity of Ghostie at Dens Park would attest to that. They have a right to speak out if it's negatively affecting their matchday experience.

well don't sit beside him then if it offends you that much, ghostie has been like that for 30 years plus, its nothing knew and nobody can do anything about it, there are fans out there who are loud all the time at every club (there are lots more Saints fans like that too, not just him), its part and parcel of watching fitba.

I keep hearing about injuries to key players: who are they? Okay Cup tie is out. Who else? Muzz is periodically injured but has had a more sustained run this year than past years, Millar is in and out but again you could hardly say he is long term injured. There has been seasons where we have had players out for months on end - long term injured. We don't have a big squad but we need to stop hiding behind this, we have players with first team experience so we have cover.

Muzz and Midge were big misses last night. I get your point about long-term injuries but you can work around them a lot easier because you know they'll be missing Sat. Last night was typical in that we lost 2 key players during the game and (for whatever reason) didn't really have cover. Muzz is the sort that is hard to replace - he brings height, dig and support for the forwards to the team. Midge is perhaps easier but we didn't really have a holding midfielder on the bench last night  - Lapping and Craig pressed forward more often than not.

I'll echo Jenko82's comments though Scott Brown should be due a chance in the first team - at least on the bench if nothing else.

As for an alleged racism comment by SLF, did anyone have a quiet word in his ear or did you just think ill tell everyone on social media about it?

I didn't know who it was that had said it or I would have said something at the time. I don't think it's something that should be swept under the carpet, absolutely disgraceful comment. 

Eta - And not everybody likes conflict, just because somebody doesn't say something at the game doesn't stop them having the right to comment on it once they're home.

Edited by Ali91

I didn't know who it was that had said it or I would have said something at the time. I don't think it's something that should be swept under the carpet, absolutely disgraceful comment.

fans can make comments on the spur of the moment, racists will make comments frequently, a polite word should suffice first time around, not slating them on a public forum for one comment, that is taking it too far for a one off remark I think, but of course that only my opinion.

ive thought that many many times over the years, but im not going to complain about it.

would be moaning every week for tens of years if that was the case.

have a chuckle and get on with watching the match

this reply was about ghostie not the alleged racist comment

well don't sit beside him then if it offends you that much, ghostie has been like that for 30 years plus, its nothing knew and nobody can do anything about it, there are fans out there who are loud all the time at every club (there are lots more Saints fans like that too, not just him), its part and parcel of watching fitba.

I wasn't sitting anywhere near him at Firhill. You don't exactly need to be sitting beside him in order to hear what he's saying.

As I've said, the volume of his voice isn't remotely an issue in itself. I just feel that his words could be more constructive. The manager was clearly annoyed last night and numerous players were clearly annoyed at Dens (not necessarily by Ghostie on that occasion, but by people who were dishing out audible abuse which wasn't constructive). I admire the passion, but it's just my personal opinion that there are better ways to handle the situation.

As for my 'free rein' comment, that was in response to Edstar who suggested that it's harsh to criticise someone who does a lot for the club. I don't believe that any supporter has free rein. That's exactly my point.

I must stress that I appreciate Ghostie as a Saints supporter. He provides a lot of great support and makes decent attempts to get the crowd going when the Young Team aren't around. As I've said, he's entitled to voice his opinions. I just disagree with some of the things he's said in recent weeks. I hope he understands that this isn't intended to be a personal attack or anything like that.

yes fair comment real saints, maybe im immune to everything at saints games now, ive seen, heard and probably done it too, I just think its trivial and don't understand why people get so upset about things like that.

it is part of watching fitba, always will be. that is what some fans do, some bottle it up, some release it, ill say the same things as ghostie, hundreds of us will, he just says it louder.

i