Partick v Saints 23/2/16

RandomGuy

You think? ICT and Partick both have games in hand on us and are both within four points

but Motherwell, Killie and Accies al have played one more and are 5 and 6 points behind us. As said above Killie also have a difficult run of games coming up. Please calm down, at least until the week before the split when we will know a bit more about what situation we have ourselves in.

tonight shows games in hand does not always equate to points

I'm aware of that

but Motherwell, Killie and Accies al have played one more and are 5 and 6 points behind us. As said above Killie also have a difficult run of games coming up. Please calm down, at least until the week before the split when we will know a bit more about what situation we have ourselves in.

Yup. Motherwell, Killie and Hamilton, like us, have only won one league game since the start of 2016. Realistically six points should be enough to keep us ahead of these sides. The problem is they've been eeking out draws and seem capable of whittling our gap over them down over time. Still a long way to go.

We're ****ed if we finish 11th. We've no chance of beating Hibs over two legs, Falkirk would be tough aswell.

Only seven points ahead of Killie with Aberdeen, Thistle, Hearts, ICT, DU and then Killie remaining. Bottom six seems certain so we have to be six or seven clear of 11th by the time the split occurs.

weve also got a home game against Ross County, which will not be played on12th march because of their involvement in LC final

I'm just in from that game. I thought Saints looked pretty enterprising in the first half, but second half they just couldn't make anything work. 

Anderson was, as he is on so many occasions, a complete bomb scare at the back. Millar is injured again and wasn't playing as a team member and why Sutton was brought on was beyond me. 

A few contentious decisions from the far side linesman, but nothing that cost Saints anything. 

Sounds like their keeper had a great save from Swanson early on. No idea what their goals were like, but when was the last time Mannus had one of those games where he looked liked he wasn't going to be beaten

Team needs refreshed, and a period of change between the sticks will only add to that

I'm just in from that game. I thought Saints looked pretty enterprising in the first half, but second half they just couldn't make anything work. 

Anderson was, as he is on so many occasions, a complete bomb scare at the back. Millar is injured again and wasn't playing as a team member and why Sutton was brought on was beyond me. 

A few contentious decisions from the far side linesman, but nothing that cost Saints anything. 

Another strange decision from Tommy to play Millar on two heavy grounds within 3 days with his injury record.

Sounds like their keeper had a great save from Swanson early on. No idea what their goals were like, but when was the last time Mannus had one of those games where he looked liked he wasn't going to be beaten

Team needs refreshed, and a period of change between the sticks will only add to that

Step forward Zander. If not now...when?

Yet another dreadful result. Thank goodness we won on Saturday.

Millar is injured again and wasn't playing as a team member

How long are we meant to just persist with him? He was great on Saturday but for the past four months hes been completely missing. Same has to go for Muzz. Our squads stretched anyway due to the budget so surely we shouldn't be sticking by two central midfielders who have a 50% of being unable to complete the 90 minutes. I can't remember the last game Muzz didnt throw himself into a tackle then spend 15 minutes hobbling about, while Millars played two 90 minutes in two months.

Let's hope this team can sneak over the line this season and a big rebuilding job is necessary in the summer. Players like Lappin,Craig and Millar just haven't performed well enough this season. Like others have said we would have no chance in a playoff against Hibs or Falkirk. 

Let's hope this team can sneak over the line this season and a big rebuilding job is necessary in the summer. Players like Lappin,Craig and Millar just haven't performed well enough this season. Like others have said we would have no chance in a playoff against Hibs or Falkirk. 

Lappin actually had an alright game, as did Craig and Swanson. The problem was that Saints are still trying to play everything down the wings and theres no option B for when tems frustrate plan A. 

Wing play is exciting to watch if you can make it work, but we can't at the moment. 

Tbf to Muzz he had a head knock with suspected concussion. Midge is a liability this season though and if you start him you're more than likely having to sub him now.

Fair enough with Muzz, the way he plays hes going to get those knocks, and taking that away would ruin him. Its the Millar situation I don't like. Too many half hearted displays end with him seemingly just giving up and asking to be taken off.

To the boy shouting 'he's just came off ref,' because Amoo came on ten minutes after Pogba went off. That's not banter, that's racism, please shut up. Thanks. 

I heard someone telling the guy to shut up, but I hadnt caght what he had said originally. 

I'm not one for grassing, but that guy should get banned if that is what he said. Disgraceful. 

Don't want to overreact to that but it's difficult due to how it ended. The first 70 minutes was the best we've defended in ages. Although the formation was rubbish we still managed to create much the better chances and should have scored at least 1 goal. I was completely confident we would get a clean sheet.

Then Tommy had a nightmare. Millar injured again and instead of finally putting on a second striker he puts the new lad on and moves Joe to RB and Fisher to CM.  3 positions disrupted. 5 mins later and goal. Terrible mistake.

We then were restricted in what subs we had left and the game was a bogey. 

Positives were Spoony and Swanson and the defence.

Negatives Tommy's subs, Lappin and our injury prone midfield. 

Edited by Broon

Lappin actually had an alright game, as did Craig and Swanson. The problem was that Saints are still trying to play everything down the wings and theres no option B for when tems frustrate plan A. 

Wing play is exciting to watch if you can make it work, but we can't at the moment. 

That is one of the many problems,no plan B & like for like sub's.Can't imagine trying to play on the wings at Firhill bog.

Edited by Cagey