MOTM Saints 2 - Motherwell 1 - 20/2/16

ex-montrosesaintee

MOTM Saints 2 - Motherwell 1 - 20/2/16  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Been a while since its been a tough call for man of the match. Glad to see the votes being shared... Spooner for me. Constant menace, excellent strike for the goal, I didn't think he had that power in him. And worked solid in a defensive manner.  Tam equally as good.  

Interesting how people view performances differently.  I thought Muzz was very poor for most of the game. Spent most of it on him backside and didn't get involved in much going forward, which left Macca isolated. 

Apart from his shocking pass in the 2nd half, I thought Fisher had another good game. Defended okay,  tries to pass the ball and got forward well on a few occasions. Cummins also made a massive difference when he came on. 

I'll go for Darnell though. 

Was screaming for spoony to be subbed just before he scored thought he was shocking! Every pass went to the opposition. Took his goal well Tho so glad he wasn't subbed. Went for Muzz he commanded the midfield. Scoobie too had a good game same with shaughnessy. Maclean seems a bit off his best although not used to being up front on his own. 3 points more important than the performance Tho COYS

Interesting how people view performances differently.  I thought Muzz was very poor for most of the game. Spent most of it on him backside and didn't get involved in much going forward, which left Macca isolated. 

Apart from his shocking pass in the 2nd half, I thought Fisher had another good game. Defended okay,  tries to pass the ball and got forward well on a few occasions. Cummins also made a massive difference when he came on. 

Yeah it is, I thought Muzz had a good game considering midfield was missed out by both teams just humping it up!  Was more like a pub league game today.

Voted for bid Joe today,though he had a solid performance and commanded things well.Thats the most I've seen of young Thomson and wasn't overly impressed,he started both halves brightly but faded against a team he could have made a mark against.I noted that folk were impressed with Murray but for me he was at his wrekless best,yes he adds steel to the midfield but at times I feel he's one takle away from getting or giving a sore one.Would be tempted to give Cummins a start before Mclean,for me Mclean spent to much time slipping or chucking himself to the deck today ,he holds the ball up then does the theatrical fall to the floor.It grips me to say it it but Sutton brought something to the game when he came on if nothing more than concentrating the Well defenders attention allowing Scobbie to grab the winner.

Muzz, fanfvckingtastic 

Won't disagree with that. Though as some have said was on his backside a bit. That's what you do when sliding in to get a toe poke to the ball, though Madden penalised him when he won the ball cleanly without touching his opponent.

Ando put his head in where it hurts and was fouled a few times, though I was concerned when he charged forward.

On balance Muzz gets my vote.

Had Spoony down to score first in a 2-1 win, so he ain't getting my vote :sad:

Thought Muzz did well, Fisher (again) put in a good shift, young Thomson did fine although looked out of it at times. Midge would hae got it if his pass rate was a bit more accurate.

Damn Scobbie it is then.

Agree on Muzz. When was the last time he won a header? He also doesn't get involved in any passing passages of play. Can't fault his defensive commitment though with some bruising tackles but untilmately I sometimes think it's blood and thunder over any sorry of quality these days. There's still a place for him though I just wish he'd get more involved in general play.

I'd go Spoony MOM. Goal and should have had an assist if Craig had finished either chances he put on a plate for him. 

Mention for the defence too.