Aberdeen v Saints 27/2/16

The ghost of Jim Morton

And yet opposition fans think that Muzz gets away with murder most weeks.

I rarely have a problem with any Saints player being booked, the non partisan side of me recognises unfair play? However 17 fouls by Partick merited no bookings the figure alone would indicate that more than one player fouled twice or more unless one player fouled 17 times! Flip side would indicate that Saints are penalised at the 1st foul stage most of the time? As for Muzz, well it his style of play ... A bit dig a bit grit and determination what's not to admire about that! O'Dea deliberately stamping on Anderson?! The list of 'atrocities' against Saints is limitless yet no one defends us?! 

Mannus has never been great at commanding his box his main attribute was his shot stopping but this season he has went backwards in this aspect. he seems to be pushing a lot of shots out into the middle of the box. we got away with it at partick cost us at dundee. Bain looked a class above commanding his box and his delivery was excellent, my main fear is we have that sitting on our bench. Clark played in the 5 1 match up there so time to try it again.

like kilgour i am a massive fan of Mannus but just feel he needs dropped and would like to see what clark is like

teamwise i have no idea ? stick with Mannus or try clark

stick with fisher ando joe tam 

or put new guy in ? is easton fit? 

will Millar or Muzz be fit if not central mf will be scary. will young Thomson get a start?

Macca looks certain to start as TW said he was rested on tue. will he be a lone striker or will Cummins/Kane /Sutton partner him?

Might we see a back 5 on Saturday? I hope not, but if Millar (who is being 'assessed' according to the manager's email) and Davidson (100% out) are missing, then we don't really have anyone to do the defensive work in midfield.

Mannus

Fisher  Shaughnessy Anderson Scobbie Easton

Wotherspoon Lappin Craig

Maclean Cummins

I don't like it much, but it hopefully stops Fisher/Scobbie having to play in midfield and gives us reasonable options going forward. The wing backs as they'd be would also have license to come forward.

I don't think Tommy will go for that, but I don't think it's too bad an option for us at the moment.

Might we see a back 5 on Saturday? I hope not, but if Millar (who is being 'assessed' according to the manager's email) and Davidson (100% out) are missing, then we don't really have anyone to do the defensive work in midfield.

Mannus

Wotherspoon Lappin Craig

Maclean Cummins

I don't like it much, but it hopefully stops Fisher/Scobbie having to play in midfield and gives us reasonable options going forward. The wing backs as they'd be would also have license to come forward.

I don't think Tommy will go for that, but I don't think it's too bad an option for us at the moment.

Brown n Lappin? i actually think holding mf could be lappins best position. he gets stuck in and can sit and spray passes around with his cultured left foot

Brown hasn't made any squads since coming back from Dumbarton I don't think. I'd be quite surprised if he started in this game tbh.

I prefer Lappin on the left of a 3 or on the left wing to be honest. Think we depend on his midfield partner to do all the donkey work when he's in the middle, which I actually think holds Brown back too.

Mannus

Wotherspoon Lappin Craig

Maclean Cummins

Swanson will get a shirt

The only way fan's could make a difference is by boycotting the teams / grounds where these prices are charged. Huge problem is getting ALL teams supporters to do likewise. 

Catch 22 is that your team doesn't get a support at away games. 

Only the club can make the stand against prices at the other grounds during the league meetings, or, charge the respective support of the visiting teams the same as our support would be going to their ground. 

Stand up for yourselves saints both on and off the pitch ! 

As said before it sometimes is near impossible to give your season ticket away for someone to use if you do not need it. I have also said it before that if we opened the exit doors and let people walk in for nothing I am not sure how many more we would get to be honest, Remember a good few years ago getting free tickets for going to McD for a evacuation exercise of the Away stand before a Saturday game, Me and the kids went down got our tickets and not many was there,  By the time game time came the kids could not be bothered going either, Also how many more bums on seats do the clubs get when they do a Pay what it is worth game?   

Brown hasn't made any squads since coming back from Dumbarton I don't think. I'd be quite surprised if he started in this game tbh.

I prefer Lappin on the left of a 3 or on the left wing to be honest. Think we depend on his midfield partner to do all the donkey work when he's in the middle, which I actually think holds Brown back too.

Why do we bother loaning out these kids if we dont give them a chance when they come back to us.

Why do we bother loaning out these kids if we dont give them a chance when they come back to us.

To be fair, loan deals are about development as well as a platform to play competitive football. Having Dumbarton fans not bothered about you leaving suggests he's some way off Saints level. 

Edited by Ali91

To be fair, loan deals are about development as well as a platform to play competitive football. Having Dumbarton fans not bothered about you leaving suggests he's some way off Saints level. 

Looks like he has regressed & not developed if he can't get into this side when we need a strong holding midfielder.

He looked OK early season so I don't know why Tommy doesn't rate him now.

I would rather take a chance on him than Fisher or any of our other options in midfield.

Living 15 miles from Aberdeen these days I would normally be tempted to go.... but as I have not seen saints win in any games I have been to this season except for Alashkert, I'm not sure I want to go along, especially since the last performance I saw in the flesh was the Dundee match.

I suppose I will but it will only be because I don't get the opportunity very often these days...

But hey, our luck and form has to change some time.... We have the players, all we need is for them all to play well at the same time!

Hope springs eternal.....