St.Johnstone vs Partick Thistle

SaintSam1884

Make no mistake that thistle game was one of the worst if not the worst performance I have seen since 1983

I'm saying something like this every second game... its just getting lower... how low can it get this season?  That team is stick on relegation form, if we survive this season.. 8 points above Killie... its going to be a shock next season.... I see us mirroring Dundee Uniteds shocking form last season, and at the moment we are on the same track!

I'm saying something like this every second game... its just getting lower... how low can it get this season?  That team is stick on relegation form, if we survive this season.. 8 points above Killie... its going to be a shock next season.... I see us mirroring Dundee Uniteds shocking form last season, and at the moment we are on the same track!

I hate to say it but I think you are spot on there. That was shambolic tonight total disarray in places 

As Ghostie mentions there the thing that jumped out at me in that game was the lack of leadership on the park. In the past the defence had the likes of Wright to go through players not doing their jobs. To me the back four look 'too nice' if that makes sense.

Our midfield is a shambles. No one wants to take responsibility defensively, Davidson did charge around the pitch but to little effect. The other three in midfield just wandered around and never looked like they would put a challenge in. Not sure what the hell was going on on the right side. Surely one of the three (Swanson/Craig/Wotherspoon) was told to play right side...time and time again Fisher was left all alone (and he wasn't brilliant either).

Final thought, any statto out there got our win ratio when Joe was in the right back area versus the centre back at the mo? He is a better centre back, but I wonder whether he should play at right back for the time being until we can get that position sorted in the summer. 

Can people stop with the Fisher hate? I heard constant abuse from the start of the game. It's an absolute joke. Once again, a lot of our players were worse than him tonight and he provided an excellent assist for our goal.

But he's not 'one of our own'. It's clearly OK to single him out for criticism after (and during) every single match.

All we need is a goalie. Oh wait we have one,we just don't play him

We need a striker too. Oh wait we have one,we just don't play him.

nowt Mannus could do with those shots. Two great saves to prevent it being 4 in the first half.. Sutton and Kane is the future up front. 

Can people stop with the Fisher hate? I heard constant abuse from the start of the game. It's an absolute joke. Once again, a lot of our players were worse than him tonight and he provided an excellent assist for our goal.

But he's not 'one of our own'. It's clearly OK to single him out for criticism after (and during) every single match.

Thought Fisher played quite well tonight. Especially with zero help from those in front of him, put himself about a bit too.

Maclean however, seems to be a sure fire way of taking the sting out of any attack. Holds the ball up until everyone has passed him, then gives it back to a defender. 

Shaughnessy was decent, Craig at least looked like he cared. 

I don't get the Fisher hate either. He tries to play and look for the pass. Craig on the other side doesn't look and just hoffs. Yet gets a free ride. The lack of effort from the midfield left Fisher exposed so many times

Edited by bromdass

Fischer's positioning is rotten, the timing of his tackles are poor (and often weak) and from tonight's showing his attitude isn't the best. Looked completely unbothered most of the game. His assist aside I thought tonight confirmed again that he is a poor right back.

I do agree there was worse performances. But again I'd argue majority of the players on the park aren't good enough now or in fact never were.

Tonight was dire. Make no mistake if we don't seriously strengthen this summer we are in big trouble- players like Fischer must be upgraded!

nowt Mannus could do with those shots. Two great saves to prevent it being 4 in the first half.. Sutton and Kane is the future up front. 

Disagree completely.  Mannus was very suspect for the first.  Quite clearly Thistle has done their homework about working down their left hand side, plenty of space and cut in.  Shoot low to the right and Mannus is extremely.....extremely suspect to his left hand side, definitely worked on by Thistle.

The one thing Fisher actually did well tonight was in the second half, telling Mannus that he is actually allowed to come off his line and catch in any area of the box!! A player who in previous seasons has been top drawer, but he has been very poor this season sadly.

Make no mistake that thistle game was one of the worst if not the worst performance I have seen since 1983

What a bizarre post,

Obviously You haven't been to many games since then.

1982 -83 was a promotion season.okay it took to the Motherwell game away to get our first win in the premier league but we were a part time outfit up against full times teams despite having brogie ,Rutherford etc in the side.

from then on it went downhill.so what gave ye the hump in 83' as there have been far worse performances since.just wondering chief.

Thought 1st Partick goal was a good finish but Mannus should have stopped the 2nd. As for the team -

Fisher - did ok although little support in front of him for the first 30

Ando - looked really slow at times
Joe / Tam - decent performances
Spoony - better in the 2nd half but all over the place in the first
Swanson- tries to do too much. Also seems to be unwilling to move into space - spent too much time on the touchline 2nd half waiting on an impossible pass.
Muzz - didn't look fit enough tonight.
Liam - Far too negative and another daft booking.
Cummins - badly needs a goal but at least was getting behind their defence to cause problems.
Macca - too slow and off the pace now - holds up the play and struggles to beat a defender.
Kane - good - I'd like to see him and Zippy start.
Thomson - Very poor tonight. That may be due to him coming off the bench when we're losing. Perhaps if he started he'd not have the pressure.

But overall I agree we lacked leadership - badly missing Mackay on the park for his captaincy. I'm struggling to blame Tommy for this since the starting lineup wasn't far off the one I'd have picked (perhaps Broon for Liam and Kane for Macca) but the midfield shape was all wrong for the first 20 mins or so and we looked lethargic and slow.

Jesus that was hard to watch.  We must be the slowest team in the league, so pedestrian and lacking heart, creativity and leadership. Had to laugh at Tommy saying in his interview that he thought we were find for the first five minutes! Fantastic eh!  When we scored we had just under 25 minutes to get a goal back but I can't think of us having a single shot...not good enough.   Sutton for me is like the grim reaper, when he comes on you know the games dead and buried.

agree with others that if we survive Tommy needs to make some big changes in personnel

Jesus that was hard to watch.  We must be the slowest team in the league, so pedestrian and lacking heart, creativity and leadership. Had to laugh at Tommy saying in his interview that he thought we were find for the first five minutes! Fantastic eh!  When we scored we had just under 25 minutes to get a goal back but I can't think of us having a single shot...not good enough.   Sutton for me is like the grim reaper, when he comes on you know the games dead and buried.

agree with others that if we survive Tommy needs to make some big changes in personnel

Tommy's analysis attempted to be upbeat, but you are spot on it was rather deluded in stating there was little between the teams first half.  All the creativity was with Thistle.  We were devoid of any creativity.