St.Johnstone vs Partick Thistle

SaintSam1884

Guest ScottMann

On the basis of the 20 or so minutes he played at Firhill, no.

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him again.

I was willing to write that off given the circumstances. 

The first goal all came from Macca not playing a simple pass up the wing to the overlapping Fisher, Macca seems to fancy this "world cup pass" across the pitch that never comes off, that meant Fisher was left stranded up the park when the ball broke down that side.

Although not the worst why are we persevering with Fisher he is not that good he has to play and the cross/shot we scored from last night was one of those Kevin Gallagher flukes, Joe should be restored at RB, Ando and either Scobbie or Krachuner (He needs to be tried) Easton should be the defence (Injury permitting) and left to get on with it, I am still not sure about Mannus  in all this, teams are coming up against us and I am sure playing on the fact he stays on his line at corners for example and load the six yard box with players as they know the keeper never comes for it (although I do not think PT had a corner last night? thankfully.) again how many goals have we lost this season not only early doors but from a shot just out of the box and they curl in at the post and into the net I know many are deflections but the opposition seem to have the confidence to take a shot on against us I wonder how many single goal scorers for their club have done this against us this year,

Midfield was shocking last night all over the place it was unknown who was supposed to be playing where as far as I could make out.

TW beginning to show the strain as well I think looked a lost man last night, starting to get niggled more every week with comments from the stand behind him, Players shouting back,questioning him more?

Something has to change i note that players/managers all come out with the "we do not read the newspapers or social media" so it does not affect us pish.

WELL TAKE IT FROM ME IT IS TIME YOU TOOK A WEEK OF TRAINING SPEND YOUR DAYS READING THE NEWS PAPERS, SOCIAL MEDIA AND FANS FORUMS AND THEN YOU WILL KNOW YOU ARE PLAYING SHITE YOU ARE ON A DONWARD SPIRAL THAT COULD GET MESSEY LATER ON IN THE YEAR AND TURN UP READY FOR A GAME OF FOOTBALL.

rant over.

The first goal all came from Macca not playing a simple pass up the wing to the overlapping Fisher, Macca seems to fancy this "world cup pass" across the pitch that never comes off, that meant Fisher was left stranded up the park when the ball broke down that side.

Although not the worst why are we persevering with Fisher he is not that good he has to play and the cross/shot we scored from last night was one of those Kevin Gallagher flukes, Joe should be restored at RB, Ando and either Scobbie or Krachuner (He needs to be tried) Easton should be the defence (Injury permitting) and left to get on with it, I am still not sure about Mannus  in all this, teams are coming up against us and I am sure playing on the fact he stays on his line at corners for example and load the six yard box with players as they know the keeper never comes for it (although I do not think PT had a corner last night? thankfully.) again how many goals have we lost this season not only early doors but from a shot just out of the box and they curl in at the post and into the net I know many are deflections but the opposition seem to have the confidence to take a shot on against us I wonder how many single goal scorers for their club have done this against us this year,

Midfield was shocking last night all over the place it was unknown who was supposed to be playing where as far as I could make out.

TW beginning to show the strain as well I think looked a lost man last night, starting to get niggled more every week with comments from the stand behind him, Players shouting back,questioning him more?

Something has to change i note that players/managers all come out with the "we do not read the newspapers or social media" so it does not affect us pish.

WELL TAKE IT FROM ME IT IS TIME YOU TOOK A WEEK OF TRAINING SPEND YOUR DAYS READING THE NEWS PAPERS, SOCIAL MEDIA AND FANS FORUMS AND THEN YOU WILL KNOW YOU ARE PLAYING SHITE YOU ARE ON A DONWARD SPIRAL THAT COULD GET MESSEY LATER ON IN THE YEAR AND TURN UP READY FOR A GAME OF FOOTBALL.

rant over.

100% correct. Not sure about last sentence ,so maybe 90%.

Where to start? Back to front I suppose...

Mannus, Made some good saves to "keep us in it" at two down, from my view point both goals were very similar in shot and distance and I think Mannus was hindered by the defense not having a clue what to do and blocking his view for at least one of the goals. (6)

Scobbie, played some alright wing play going forward in the second half however was suspect at his actual job of defending on many occasions though ultimately got away with the most of it.  (5)

Shaughnessy, probably the better of our defenders yet lacks any command, managed the simple stuff however nothing to write home about. (6)

Anderson, Regressed into old school bomb scare Ando since Fraz Wright left and looks completely and utterly lost with the task in hand. He may be a club legend for obvious reasons but time to move on. I hate to say it but if the rumors are true that he is not signing a new contract I wont be overly disappointed, Scottish Championship football beckons for him. Though I'll probably get slatted for that opinion cause "Ando"! (4)

Fisher, Yes, looked lost and out of position at times especially the start of the game which in all likely hood contributed to the goals, can't really defend that. However he did pick up his game and like the past few games where we have been utter dross was actually one of the better players in blue. Excellent cross for Kane's goal, needs to be doing that far more often. The abuse he was getting was beyond embarrassing last night, I'll echo what has been mentioned about certain hysterical screams at points, shouting mince like "get him off the park" and "Dae sumfin" followed by a torrent of F***, F***, F*** all night really shows a level of understanding of the game. (6)

Wotherspoon, Our most threatening player as usual since MoH left, can't really think of any glaring errors he made off the top of my head but I'm sure the haters on here will soon point something out. Really should have been putting more balls into the box, though the entire team was guilty of this. Gave us one moment of entertainment whilst stuck at the corner flag taking the p1ss out of the defenders, unfortunately though ultimately lead to nothing. (6)

Davidson, Another formerly great player that has regressed beyond belief. Looks lost as to what to do without Millar in there with him and is just charging around like a headless chicken chucking himself into challenges. Will occasionally get a great tackle in there but nowhere near the player he used to be. (5)

Craig, Looked to be hiding a lot of the time and was given a few poor balls from Scobbie in the second half that he clearly didn't want so just passed it straight back to him. Made up the numbers, did nothing really. (5)

Swanson, Looked like a threat at times but as had been said earlier also looked to be trying too hard. He appeared to be blowing out his arse after about 30 minutes but at least that showed he was putting an effort in. About the only player willing to take a pop. Fitness needs work. (6)

Cummins, Looked fresh and pacey to begin with then took the ball round the keeper to miss after he had been quoted a few weeks back that he "wouldn't do that again". Head went down after that and contributed nothing. Substitution for Kane was a correct decision from the management. (4)

MacLean, Seriously lacking confidence. Tried holding up the ball as much as he could which lead to him playing the majority of the game with back to goal, no bad thing but had nobody making runs which made the tactic completely superfluous. Can't remember him having a shot at goal. (6)

Subs,

Kane, Took his goal well and made up a lot of ground. Some neat wee flicks that actually came of well at points. Absolutely must start next week ahead of Cummins. (7)

Thomson, 100% categorically, not ready for this level. Had the ball at his feet a grand total of five times and lost it five times seriously putting the defense under pressure. He does have some very raw pace and talent but needs far longer developing, which is a concern considering he's 20 years old. Again, I'm sure the pitch forks and torches will be out for me again on that one because of course he's the messiah! (4)

Sutton, Not even a footballer! Has no idea what he is doing and I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than him and I'm utter horse sh!te! (3)

Re Wotherspoon .lost possesion ,not for the only time when McLean played the long ball to him instead of playing it to Fisher who had made an overlap. His attempt to track back after losing the ball is embarrasing as he looks like he is running on treakle.

I am glad you were happy with his antics in the corner. He beat 2 men 2/3 times with his step over roll overs & had 2 chances to cross but doesnt & puts it out for bye kick.

Fischer's positioning is rotten, the timing of his tackles are poor (and often weak) and from tonight's showing his attitude isn't the best. Looked completely unbothered most of the game. His assist aside I thought tonight confirmed again that he is a poor right back.

I do agree there was worse performances. But again I'd argue majority of the players on the park aren't good enough now or in fact never were.

Tonight was dire. Make no mistake if we don't seriously strengthen this summer we are in big trouble- players like Fischer must be upgraded!

I would rather we played Doyle

Re Wotherspoon .lost possesion ,not for the only time when McLean played the long ball to him instead of playing it to Fisher who had made an overlap. His attempt to track back after losing the ball is embarrasing as he looks like he is running on treakle.

I am glad you were happy with his antics in the corner. He beat 2 men 2/3 times with his step over roll overs & had 2 chances to cross but doesnt & puts it out for bye kick.

Jesus - he lost the ball on the 18 yard line because he had no support and was up against 2 men. No one bothered their arse to get over and try and give him an option and there was no one in the box to cross to. What did you expect him to do?

Regarding beating the same player 2 or 3 times. He was doing that because he was waiting on Fisher making a move. He was hiding behind his marker at the time. With the best will in the world, Spoony's cross would've either been a high one straight to the keeper (which would've resulted in boos most likely) or a low one which would've been cut out easily - he didn't have any kind of angle to make a telling cross. To be honest, it looked like a Thistle player had gotten the last touch for a corner, but obviously the linesman was a lot closer and gave the goal kick.

I thought Fisher was poor last night, but he was up against at least 2, sometimes 3, in the first 20 minutes. I think his confidence took a bit of a walloping because of that. At one point though, Thistle had the ball on the left wing and Wotherspoon and Davidson were trying to win it back against 3 Thistle players. Where was Fisher? Standing in between the centre backs, marking no one. The very definition of hiding.

Some bizarre decisions by the manager haven't done Fisher any favours but over the last few games he's shown some real potential.

I really don't get the hate. He's actually been improving.

We've had and appreciated plenty of loan players over the years so this, "He's no one if ours!" is simply nonsense.

Last night was hopeless, the worst performance of the season. I've seen positives, or at least reasons not to panic, in most of the matches through this poor run but there was nothing last night. So for the manager to say we will get better doesn't fill me with confidence, as we appear to be getting worse. A couple of decent results against Motherwell and Aberdeen shouldn't mask that.

More generally though, I worry that we are heading in the wrong direction but can't do anything about it. There are hallmarks of 15 years ago. Clark took over a good squad with good character and did very well initially over his first couple of seasons. He carried that into his third season, although the poorer results became more common. At Xmas of 2000 we were well placed to make the first ever top six but then went on a horrendous run of 2 wins from 18 games and limped home in tenth place.

The alarm bells were ringing and with Clark's patchy signing record we didn't do enough in the summer of 2001. He lasted a few games of 2001/02 before being dismissed but even without the poor appointment of Stark, the damage had been done and I doubt we'd have stayed up. Geoff Brown admitted the board (he had a peripheral role at the time because of illness) had waited too long before sacking Clark, despite his previous good record.

In the present day, this squad is signed up for next season and the manager has over three years on his deal, so what can actually be done? Steve Brown isn't going to give him a six-figure pay off and equally he's not going to walk away from that. How much wriggle room is there going to be with most of the squad signed up and with Wright's signing record do you trust him to get the right players? He may not get his primary targets because of finance but if the best he can do after that is guys like Morgan and Doyle then that is still a worry.

He needs to prove over the next couple of games he can get this squad playing again. I have my doubts he'll manage it though.

If Radfords panicking then I'm panicking...........

panic.gif

Last night was terrible, just terrible.  I can take losing - what I can't take is the lack of fight that this team is demonstrating at the moment.  There are more than a few happy enough to pick up their wages for little or no effort.  Cheats and cowards are words that spring to mind for me just now - I've very rarely felt as let down by any Saints team as I did at Dens a few weeks ago and again last night.  Never in 45 years have I used word like this about Saints, but at the moment I genuinely feel that there are some who don't care pulling on the jersey just now.  For those blaming Steve Brown - how is it his fault if players don't want to compete?  Tommy and the players are the ones responsible for the current form. no-one else.

Jesus - he lost the ball on the 18 yard line because he had no support and was up against 2 men. No one bothered their arse to get over and try and give him an option and there was no one in the box to cross to. What did you expect him to do?

Regarding beating the same player 2 or 3 times. He was doing that because he was waiting on Fisher making a move. He was hiding behind his marker at the time. With the best will in the world, Spoony's cross would've either been a high one straight to the keeper (which would've resulted in boos most likely) or a low one which would've been cut out easily - he didn't have any kind of angle to make a telling cross. To be honest, it looked like a Thistle player had gotten the last touch for a corner, but obviously the linesman was a lot closer and gave the goal kick.

I thought Fisher was poor last night, but he was up against at least 2, sometimes 3, in the first 20 minutes. I think his confidence took a bit of a walloping because of that. At one point though, Thistle had the ball on the left wing and Wotherspoon and Davidson were trying to win it back against 3 Thistle players. Where was Fisher? Standing in between the centre backs, marking no one. The very definition of hiding.

clearly agree with the last reply Wotherspoon tracking back is so slow after we lose the ball or normally give possession away how many times does he lose it Aberdeen game for example of which lead to a goal last night lost possession leading up to the first goal this is times to get back to basics getting balls in the box simple passing and moving how many times does he try the World Cup pass failed again what does he do puts his hand up time after time after time he can at least join savo in the police has he would be good at stopping traffic!!!!  a bit of skill at the corner flag a fans think this is wonderful we where two one down not two one up for that carry on week in week out he thinks he is playing under his Xbox profile with his reading of the game he is tommys golden boy has he has got a flower between his legs toughing up and play for the team not for your self if we drop any further down it will be dog eat dog and I afraid I fear the worst there would be no place for Xbox tricks and more so him !!!

clearly agree with the last reply Wotherspoon tracking back is so slow after we lose the ball or normally give possession away how many times does he lose it Aberdeen game for example of which lead to a goal last night lost possession leading up to the first goal this is times to get back to basics getting balls in the box simple passing and moving how many times does he try the World Cup pass failed again what does he do puts his hand up time after time after time he can at least join savo in the police has he would be good at stopping traffic!!!!  a bit of skill at the corner flag a fans think this is wonderful we where two one down not two one up for that carry on week in week out he thinks he is playing under his Xbox profile with his reading of the game he is tommys golden boy has he has got a flower between his legs toughing up and play for the team not for your self if we drop any further down it will be dog eat dog and I afraid I fear the worst there would be no place for Xbox tricks and more so him !!!

Wow.

Guest ScottMann

We had a whip round and got you a few of these - ............. ,,,,,,,,,,,, There's plenty more available for when you run out.

I thought Fisher played okay last night and he looks more comfortable on the ball since I watched him at Motherwell he is definitely getting better but our system leaves him exposed at times. I wasn't aware of any abuse towards him from my spot in the West stand. I feel for these kids sometimes and if anyone seriously thinks berating and abusing the players will make them play better they need to lie down. I thought we were better than that.

I thought Fisher played okay last night and he looks more comfortable on the ball since I watched him at Motherwell he is definitely getting better but our system leaves him exposed at times. I wasn't aware of any abuse towards him from my spot in the West stand. I feel for these kids sometimes and if anyone seriously thinks berating and abusing the players will make them play better they need to lie down. I thought we were better than that.

You are correct SaintJet Fisher did play okay last night but he is not exceptional and a must play IMO, so why waste game time on him, maybe Doyle is okay as well and will get better with game time and would be a more realistic signing target if he progressed enough,   

You are correct SaintJet Fisher did play okay last night but he is not exceptional and a must play IMO, so why waste game time on him, maybe Doyle is okay as well and will get better with game time and would be a more realistic signing target if he progressed enough,   

What's the difference here? Darnell Fisher is here until the end of the season. He will be out of contract in the summer. Michael Doyle is here until the end of the season. He will be out of contract in the summer. 

Edited by The Real Saints

What's the difference here? Darnell Fisher is here until the end of the season. He will be out of contract in the summer. Michael Doyle is here until the end of the season. He will be out of contract in the summer. 

Yeah but if Doyle turned out ok he may get signed. Dont think he will get a chance to prove he is worth it or not.

Yeah but if Doyle turned out ok he may get signed. Dont think he will get a chance to prove he is worth it or not.

I don't think we should rule out the possibility of Fisher signing on a permanent deal. I don't know about the likelihood of it  (as Celtic fans seem to think highly of him) but I'd be quite disappointed if we weren't at least making an enquiry. Doyle was always going to be a cover option.

Simple I do not think Fisher will sign here he is in the papers yesterday saying how getting game time here  would benefit him when he goes back to Celtic next season ? that was all.  I think if he is released from Celtic then he will head south again I would presume even non league pay more than we do.