Dear Tommy

Shibbydoo

Sentiment will be a one way ticket to the Championship if not now in 12 months. 

We are at the crossroads here, we should probably stay up, with Killie being equally as dreadful and with fewer points.  Massive restructuring needed.  Well done to all Saints fans here tonight and especially the young team.  It was freezing and the players gave us very little entertainment or enough to get behind them.  Some of Fisher and Craig's passing was simply incredible to behold from professional footballers.  Another sad night.

burying your head in the sand might work for you, it doesnt for others

I can't speak for others, but with me It's not a case of burying my head in the sand, but rather thinking about the potential options available. And sacking TW is not one of those options, in my opinion.

TW will know fine well that the team are performing way way way below par right now, and he should rightly take a big chunk of the blame for this due to some very questionable tactics, substitutions and lineups. But at the same time, you can only piss with the cock you've got, and Stevie B has got to take a big chunk of the blame for January's dealings, and for not supplying the manager with adequate signings, either through his own naivety or other factors. It doesn't matter what the excuse was, the players did not arrive through the door.

It's not simply a case of things being Tommy Wright's fault, so let's sack him, or things being Steve Brown's fault, so we should sack the board etc etc etc. It's not as cut and dry as that. They have both made fairly costly errors in the last 3 or 4 months, Brooner has even come out and said as much in the press, and we're feeling the effect of these errors pretty heavily now.

The chairman has openly said that we need to spend in the summer, and that he is willing to spend in the summer. Sacking the manager will cost us a hefty sum in compensation, and at this particular moment in time that money is pretty clearly needed to replace old or underperforming legs all throughout the squad. I know we have quite a safety net in the bank, but I just do not believe that Steve Brown would be willing to part with the money needed to release the manager from his brand new long term contract, and then also fund the same level of player recruitment in the summer that this squad obviously needs.

So, would you rather we chucked the manager and then had to face next season with some of the same defensive issues again, or injury prone midfield, or stagnant creative section, or misfiring frontline? Or would you rather we showed a little faith in Tommy, got through the rest of this season, 
and then then freshened things up considerably in the summer? 

I hate the sentimental argument, but on this occasion I do believe that the manager should have earned our trust
, and definitely has bought himself some time with the board not only due to his previous achievements at the club, but mainly because of the fact that he is a good manager.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

saints have no leadership out there Chris Millar player of the season last year unfortunately injured most games at the moment

Davie McKay saints best signing in the last ten years injured and getting near to the end of his saints career unfortunately

Fraser Wright never replaced

Tommy playing same players who are playing poor at the moment Kane gets a chance scores time for a big change up next week bring in Easton Millar if fit give Doyle Sutton Kane and the new Bulgarian defender a chance because they can't be as bad as the crap out there tonight

This thread was a joke right?

Sack Tommy aye? 

Ok. Goodnight.

move on we're not a charity ...

better managers have been sacked for less and by the way he always say s I'm happy for the layers first you know this his loyalty and I've been saying this for years is his problem get them to frikk move on get some new blood in I agree with you that he shouldn't be sacked Yet but next season he needs to get moving. 

There is a severe lack of confidence at the moment.  It's the coaching staffs responsibility to change that. Are the players being told to play a certain way or are they just not doing what they're told.

What bothers me more is whilst MOH was getting starts when he clearly couldn't be fvcked for a month and a half, has this disrupted the whole dimension of the team.  What I mean is we were always regarded as unit, a group of players who all worked for each other.  Then an individual gets treated differently.  He was still getting picked when he didn't even want to play in games.  

Just keep the same team for a couple of games for once am get a bit of consistency. 

Tactics are rubbish.

Substitutions poor.

Signings gash.......

Saints had a great chance, summer of 2014 to build on success, but sold our 'star' player instead.

Frazer Wright never replaced properly.

M O'Hs transfer was just a debacle and handled very poorly. A goal scorer sold and replaced with some defenders.....it's not rocket science:-(

Since then it has been a slow spiral down.......if it's not this season.....it'll be next year, unless something is done about it.

O'Halloran was never a "goalscorer", Wotherspoons virtually matched his goals/assists this season.

Tommy shouldn't be sacked, hes making errors and his tactics yesterday cost us the game, but he's still got it in him to turn it around. He just needs to calm down, pick a settled side with a settled tactic and let them work their way through this. The constant changing of the starting 11 and the formation is just disrupting us and leading to the poor starts we're having, which is ultimately what the biggest problem is. 

Laughable to suggest bringing in a new manager, who'd likely have to be a Gus McPherson/Billy Reid figure, is a smart move when you're in a slump. It would take him a month or so to work out the players, and we can't afford to fanny about at this stage of the season.

Lets stop feeling ****ing sorry for ourselves and at least try and not hurl abuse at any of our own players. The abuse Fisher, Swanson and Sutton got shouted at them from the East yesterday was just utterly ****ing pointless.

Just keep the same team for a couple of games.

We can only dream. Same team in a 442.  No doubt we will resort to 451 again.  Sign of tough times with all the formation changes of late, coupled with changing starting 11s all season for a number or reasons.   I honestly think our pitch doesn't help matters, no wonder the players struggle for form.

I was unfortunately one of the poor souls who had to watch that pathetic excuse for a football team last night. I have to agree with those looking for a change. Yet again we go behind and yet again no reaction from the bench to change a system that was woefully inadequate. Tommy is sticking with the same players who are underperforming week in week out and its simply not good enough. I fully appreciate that we won the cup under his leadership but we cant live off that forever. We have to be realistic of course, but lets not forget the achievements over  last four years have been gained when The The Rangers, Hibs and Hearts were out of the league and Motherwell had all but collapsed along with United.

This team is poor and our illustrious leader has decided to sign the majority of these players up for next season - Time for a change, definitely.   

I was also really angry at Tommys comments on Radio Scotland about the fans booing at half time. He may as well just have come out and said "were Saints, we are supposed to be crap, live with it". His argument that weve had it too good for the last few years really rubbed salt into the freezing cold wounds.       

I was also really angry at Tommys comments on Radio Scotland about the fans booing at half time. He may as well just have come out and said "were Saints, we are supposed to be crap, live with it". His argument that weve had it too good for the last few years really rubbed salt into the freezing cold wounds.       

I wasn't at game last night, but fully expected some boos at HT. I may well have done if I'd been there 

The 'had it good' argument doesn't wash for me at all. These players are still picking up a wage (probably a better one following their successes). That means they have to continue to try their hardest and do their best 

Tommy's attitude is very concerning

I wasn't at game last night, but fully expected some boos at HT. I may well have done if I'd been there 

The 'had it good' argument doesn't wash for me at all. These players are still picking up a wage (probably a better one following their successes). That means they have to continue to try their hardest and do their best 

Agree with this Ed, listening on the radio coming down, he gave that impression four years of having it good, which has been bloody fantastic for a club of our size and has brilliant while it lasts, but why do we have to just accept this complete lack of effort and baffling tactics on the park from Mr Wright. Why shouldn't we be looking to compete and win cups when the league is full of average teams. No sort it out tommy that's what you are paid to do and going by the body language of the majority of your players you are struggling to motivate them and of course the players need to have a look at themselves too, especially Liam Craig been like a man down in the last few games, aye he scored a penalty, but this masks the problems

I mentioned this in the post match thread. "They had it good for four years.................."

Things change quickly in this league.

I'm with you here. If there is one way to chase fans away from attending games it's performances and attitudes like this.

Well this is another interesting thread. Heard you all complaining when we were fighting it out for second just 3 months ago. 3 ****ing months and you want the manager sacked? If and it's still a big if, we get relegated, then you can all moan like **** but to do it now when we all need to stick together just shows the type of ***** you are. Wouldn't like to be stuck in the trenches with half of you *******

That's the problem.. 3 months ago we were looking good for top 4, maybe even 3rd , and since then we have contrived to absolutely ****ing ruin it, no chance of top 3, doubtful even top six. I'm not one to say sack Tommy, but something needs to change as last night was completely unacceptable, devoid of any ideas, no spark, no urgency. As has been the case for the majority of the last 3 or 4 months. 

Guest ScottMann

I'm with you here. If there is one way to chase fans away from attending games it's performances and attitudes like this.

It's been the same attitude throughout the Brown era though, summed up perfectly when Tommy recently said 'We know our place'. That was the most horrific statement I've heard come out of McDiarmid and there's been a few. 

Tommy's going nowhere. Even if we went down I'd expect him to be given the chance to rebuild and go for promotion. 

I can't speak for others, but with me It's not a case of burying my head in the sand, but rather thinking about the potential options available. And sacking TW is not one of those options, in my opinion.

TW will know fine well that the team are performing way way way below par right now, and he should rightly take a big chunk of the blame for this due to some very questionable tactics, substitutions and lineups. But at the same time, you can only piss with the cock you've got, and Stevie B has got to take a big chunk of the blame for January's dealings, and for not supplying the manager with adequate signings, either through his own naivety or other factors. It doesn't matter what the excuse was, the players did not arrive through the door.

It's not simply a case of things being Tommy Wright's fault, so let's sack him, or things being Steve Brown's fault, so we should sack the board etc etc etc. It's not as cut and dry as that. They have both made fairly costly errors in the last 3 or 4 months, Brooner has even come out and said as much in the press, and we're feeling the effect of these errors pretty heavily

A couple of things about Saints are generally ignored on here. Firstly, Saints are essentially privately-owned, so short of criminal acts, only the Board can sack the Board. Secondly, Stevie Broon doesn't own Saints. As I understand it, he is a part-time, unpaid volunteer Board Chairman, similar for example to any number of charities. Any major decisions on strategic changes in player or infrastructure spending will be down to his Dad, who is on record as saying he still keeps a close eye on the books. 

The honeymoon period is over for Tommy it's now he has to stand up and be counted as a manager as well as many of the current team yes fantastic times for the fans quote over the last four season but it is all about now as the quote says you are only as good as your last game and that goes for all players and management s!!!t springs to mind if I performed like that over the last months at my employment I would no longer be there the whole teams confidence is shot this reflects on the performances GUTTLESS this all comes from the top mr Wright when things are going well he is out in the technical area giving it his all showing passion urging the team on shouting for every decision disputing decisions with four officials and oppositions manager no what have we got nothing like the man he was last night and I most of the past games go a goal down he goes and sit on his arse on the wee orange plastic seat that has been left over from the previous Sunday's car boot sale what kind of message is that sending out to the fans and players alike Tommy you are a shadow of the man you where it's your team selection its your players your post match interviews radio interviews are like you don't want to be there Tommy you say you are going to turn it around but when ??????????????

1 Tommy will be going nowhere as SB will not by out his contract.

2 With all the managerial vacancies recently Tommy has not been mentioned so I don't see him leaving.

3  Change of manager does not seemed to have helped United & Killie.

Having said all that the January transfer window was a disaster for Wright. Let Caddis & Rodgers go & brings in Doyle & Ploughman to warm the bench.

Brings back Brown who had a good first half at Aberdeen where team played well. Hooked him at half time ,never to be seen again.

Keeps playing the same old failures.

Keeps playing same tactics . The kick off procedure sums it up.