Dear Tommy

Shibbydoo

Are you talking about this interview?... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35713811

Because in that one he mentions we've had "four unbelievable years" and he talks a bit about the fans booing the team at half-time, but he says nothing about reality checks, or knowing our place, or that we "shouldn't be playing at the level of the big boys". Are you sure he said those things?

I agree as always he's respectful of our supporters. The man is a wounded soldier he hardly looked up. 

I agree as always he's respectful of our supporters. The man is a wounded soldier he hardly looked up. 

That told more of a story than any of the words he said in the interview at all. Head down, confidence low, simply going through the motions with the chat about our "wee blip".

Can't remember seeing Wright like that in an interview before tbh. Not very inspiring.

10 points from 39 is acceptable is it? I don't think people moaning and shouting that things are not good enough from 2 wins in 3 months is something thats knee jerk. We should be lambasting our players. Evidently its a cake walk fannying about in training to constantly commit the same errors week on week.

The way we do things is to demand progression and tightening purse strings year on year.

He's been manager since June 2013, how much time?

Boxing day we were 1 point behind Hearts with 31 points playing 19 games.

Now we are 28 matches and only 36 points?!?! 9 matches and 5 points!

Yes we are still top 6 , just, but as for Europe your having a laugh. We can't keep a clean sheet and fail to score. A couple of wins is all we have had in 3 months let alone a 3/4 games.Our aim should be to stay in the division at the moment. Yes it's doom and gloom but its realistic. Everyone else is winning and we are loosing.

I didn't say that the recent performances were acceptable. When I said knee jerk I meant sacking Tommy as is being discussed. 

Judge him over his whole tenure rather than the last ten games.

Finally Europe is still a possibility for us and I won't stop hoping we can do it.

Wow, what?...

It's all this "something must be going on" stuff that gets trotted out when the manager's under pressure....why must something be going on?...does my head in.

There's a few things wrong but a lost dressing room isnt one of them.

Super Js Having a meet the Manager night Monday 14 Th March 18.30 20.00 in the Muirton suite, maybe someone can go along and ask a few questions ??.

Nope. Or any of our other previous managers who failed to win a Cup or qualify for successive European campaigns, for that matter.

BH,My memory might not be as good as it used to be but I think Ormond got us to a final only to be cheated by west court ref. I think he also got us 2nd 3rd in a league full of decent teams .  We were also in Europe when there were good teams in the league.

To me Wright will never be ahead of Ormond or Totten in my book.

BH,My memory might not be as good as it used to be but I think Ormond got us to a final only to be cheated by west court ref. I think he also got us 2nd 3rd in a league full of decent teams .  We were also in Europe when there were good teams in the league.

To me Wright will never be ahead of Ormond or Totten in my book.

And like the majority of Saints fans I will disagree with you, our greatest manager by a country mile. The fact he guided us to us our greatest achievement and our only ever major trophy will always be enough for me.

Guest ScottMann

Going by the simplistic method of calculation being used, Sandy Stewart must be our greatest ever manager. He won us our first ever national cup and combined it with an unbeatable 100% record as manager. All hail St Sandy, the greatest of them all.

Going by the simplistic method of calculation being used, Sandy Stewart must be our greatest ever manager. He won us our first ever national cup and combined it with an unbeatable 100% record as manager. All hail St Sandy, the greatest of them all.

As an aside, and to lighten this up a bit, Sandy Stewart is assistant to Owen Coyle at Houston Dynamo in the USA Mickey Mouse League or whatever it is called. 

Willie Ormond and Tommy Wright are legends in their own lifetime. They managed teams of above average quality at one point. No comparison required as football today cannot be compared with the abilities shown 40 years ago and vice versa. Same shape ball that's all!

Just watched that interview for the first time and it's sad to see him like that. It would be horrible to see us slide to such an extent that he loses his job. He has been an incredible manager and I actually think that interview was completely fair and accurate. Thistle have done to us this season what we usually do to Dundee United and while it's difficult to watch, they just know how to beat us. Aberdeen could learn a thing or two from them :laugh:

The pain from Wednesday night is already gone and slowly being replaced by a bit of optimism that it can't get any worse. 

For randomguy if you go to some of the youth games you will see who the good youngsters are  the 17s have some cracking players as do the 15s ,my son signed for saints this season as it's home club after 4 years at Falkirk who did not want to let him go, I belive saints should start giving youth a proper chance put it this way the club could make a few bob out of them, that's the way Scottish football is now 

Any manager that goes on a run that we have done since December is going to be questioned about his job security. It's testament to Tommy's success that those are only murmurs. There are mitigating circumstances in that he's not had the backing to strengthen his squad so he'll get time. However,  if we are still struggling in the first half of next season then those murmurs grow louder and louder.

My biggest concern is the lack of progress we've made at preventing early goals. Lessons aren't being learned on the training field. That's concerning.