Saints v ICT Wed 9th March K-O 7.45pm

This has to stop. Yet another good opportunity to get the show back on the road but things MUST be different, Cannae be the same old shite, cannae be the pitch, cannae be unlucky. The time for excuses is surely over. This is the time  for ALL the players to stand up, to play  the game with eagerness, to get stuck in, to regain their pride.  They are good enough, they have done it before, they have the skills. Belief seems a problem at the moment but that needs to be sorted out on the pitch. I dunno about everyone else but I want to see fight, I want to see strength, I want to see every single player giving everything for his teammates and our team . I also want to see  players taking responsibility. I want to see leadership and character. 

I also want to see  good decision making both on and off the park. Time to play the best players regardless of age, regardless of reputation.  I want to see simple  but effective tactics  that ALL the players understand. Lets get back to basics. I honestly believe this really is a MUST WIN game and that  we can WIN it. Come on Tommy, come on players, come on Saints fans. Lets all be as one and lets  put a proper end to this shite. We are Perth, We are St.Johnstone.  

Ever thought about being a politician

This has to stop. Yet another good opportunity to get the show back on the road but things MUST be different, Cannae be the same old shite, cannae be the pitch, cannae be unlucky. The time for excuses is surely over. This is the time  for ALL the players to stand up, to play  the game with eagerness, to get stuck in, to regain their pride.  They are good enough, they have done it before, they have the skills. Belief seems a problem at the moment but that needs to be sorted out on the pitch. I dunno about everyone else but I want to see fight, I want to see strength, I want to see every single player giving everything for his teammates and our team . I also want to see  players taking responsibility. I want to see leadership and character.

I also want to see  good decision making both on and off the park. Time to play the best players regardless of age, regardless of reputation.  I want to see simple  but effective tactics  that ALL the players understand. Lets get back to basics. I honestly believe this really is a MUST WIN game and that  we can WIN it. Come on Tommy, come on players, come on Saints fans. Lets all be as one and lets  put a proper end to this shite. We are Perth, We are St.Johnstone.

:wink:

Guest ScottMann

My mind has come to mirror the form of the last 10 games. Expect nothing from this, then if we get a point or a win it will feel good.  Refuse to get excited after being let down so many times in recent weeks.

Totally agree. I've felt the same since the Hibs defeat. That was one let down too many. I don't know if I can trust them again. 

Nearly brought a tear to my eye . Muirie for next manager :) 

would pick this team

mannus

Doyle Joe Ando Easton

Cummins midge muzz Swanson

Kane McLean

something different as Cummins can play on the wing if midge and Easton is fit think spoony needs benched for a while and maybe play Sutton instead of McLean as he deserves a chance

would pick this team

mannus

Doyle Joe Ando Easton

Kane McLean

something different as Cummins can play on the wing if midge and Easton is fit think spoony needs benched for a while and maybe play Sutton instead of McLean as he deserves a chance

How do you know Cummins can play on the wing? I've never seen him play right midfield. I don't know what it has to do with the fitness of Easton either. That is bizarre. Agree Kane should start.

would pick this team

mannus

Doyle Joe Ando Easton

Kane McLean

Why does Sutton deserve a chance? 

How do you know Cummins can play on the wing? I've never seen him play right midfield. I don't know what it has to do with the fitness of Easton either. That is bizarre. Agree Kane should start.

Cummins has played on wing at the start of this sseason and did ok

He has played on the left if I recall correctly but not the right. We have players who can play midfield. Playing a striker there is not going to improve the situation. What does his ability to play midfield have to do with the fitness of Brian Easton? 

well the other strikers are not performing so why not give him a chance spoke to hearts fans about Sutton get ball s in the box and he will score

mayne 3 years ago that was the case.  He's done nothing at Saints.  Kane deserves a chance before Sutton.

He played on the left against Hamilton at home, and done reasonably well, then again away to Celtic, where he was abysmal and put us under huge problem with his inability to defend, not sure he's been there any other time. He's wasted out wide, and it would be suicide to put him wide in a four man midfield.

Maybe we should go 3_5_2. Hibs were being overrun by Caley for first 20 mins until they changed to this formation & then dominated most of the game. Fisher is more of a wing back anyway. Liam could play left wing back.

While I agree in theory, would it really be wise to, yet again, change the tactics to, yet again, one we've never played. It cost us against Thistle.

We should go back to five in midfield, which gave us a platform against Motherwell in a game we eventually won, but the players seem comfortable in a 4-4-2, so thats the likeliest shout. No point in making mass changes either, just take out those who are in place of much better players/players in better form.

Mannus

Fisher - Anderson - Joe - Easton (if fit)

Wotherspoon - Millar - Muzz - Swanson

Kane - Cummins/MacLean/Sutton

Assuming Easton and Millar fit, and both should come straight back in if they are. Scobbie is nowhere near Eastons ability, while Millar and Muzz are the only real central options we have seeing as Browns being frozen out again. No idea who you'd start beside Kane, MacLean and Cummins are known quality but both are horrendously under-performing so theres a fair shout for Sutton to get a final chance. 

You've got to close from the front against ICT no point in letting them play it out from the back. For that reason alone it should be Kane and Cummins up top. They can harry and nick the ball back high up the pitch, much like Hibs did today. 

You've got to close from the front against ICT no point in letting them play it out from the back. For that reason alone it should be Kane and Cummins up top. They can harry and nick the ball back high up the pitch, much like Hibs did today. 

This is a fair point, they played out from the back at every single opportunity today so a more mobile front two will be better than MacLean. I don't know if it's a specific tactic or the keeper struggles with kicks but it was borderline suicidal at times today. We need to capitalise on weaknesses like that. 

Fair point. We'd also need somebody pressing Tansey though, who regularly destroys us. Going to be a tough old game for the forwards.