Hearts Game 19/3/16

Just been contacted by Alan Bygate from the bowling club to advise that the bus booking did not turn up at the club as arranged with Leah.

As usual the club had food awaiting your arrival

Can somebody let me know if there was a problem with getting there?

So here is the info I got

"The bus did not get into Edinburgh until nearly 13.50"

"The bus driver also had difficulty finding the bowling club."

The bus was advertised to leave Perth at 12.30 this time advertised prior the booking at the Bowling Club being taken, It would not be expected to be at the Bowling Club much earlier that 13.50 so why commit to the booking and leave the Bowling Club high and dry with the cost of the catering they provided.

Quite why the bus driver would find difficulty getting to the Bowling Club considering there were many patrons on the bus who had been there many times before and knew where it was and have the capability to access direction info on mobile phones is astonishing.

To answer Tam (Sixties Saintee) this is not a poor reflection on Saints at all, but a highly embarrassing issue to the Barossa Street bus section.

I could not care less where the bus subsequently went before the game but I do expect someone from the Committee to e-mail the Bowling Club to apologise for their non appearance.

• 2 weeks later...

So here is the info I got

"The bus did not get into Edinburgh until nearly 13.50"

"The bus driver also had difficulty finding the bowling club."

The bus was advertised to leave Perth at 12.30 this time advertised prior the booking at the Bowling Club being taken, It would not be expected to be at the Bowling Club much earlier that 13.50 so why commit to the booking and leave the Bowling Club high and dry with the cost of the catering they provided.

Quite why the bus driver would find difficulty getting to the Bowling Club considering there were many patrons on the bus who had been there many times before and knew where it was and have the capability to access direction info on mobile phones is astonishing.

To answer Tam (Sixties Saintee) this is not a poor reflection on Saints at all, but a highly embarrassing issue to the Barossa Street bus section.

I could not care less where the bus subsequently went before the game but I do expect someone from the Committee to e-mail the Bowling Club to apologise for their non appearance.

As nothing further has been posted on the subject, I take it no one from the committee has had the decency and courtesy to reply to your post or contacted you personally.

Sad reflection on Barossa St. Saints.

Lets just hope that the next bus away to Killie leaves as advertised, as I have booked lunch at The Howards Arms.

(Ancientsaint is paying, well he did offer and it would be rude to refuse)

There seems to be a few inaccuracies here.

Firstly, It was NOT arranged through Leah, she was simply the messenger.

We left Perth in decent enough time but due to a mixture of an accident and the bus driver taking a route that was off the beaten track we arrived in Gorgie much later than usual. 

By the time we arrived there it would have been pointless going there anyway as given the distance from the ground we'd have to have left around 2.20/2.30 to ensure we arrived in time for kick off.

There will be an apology made of course.

Well saw the photos from the Hall of Fame looks like Barrossa was well represented.

Did anyone from the club vote for Sam Hutchinson to be inducted but for him you would not have a club to meet in.

Got some information last night, it appears I have got two people mixed Sam McKinley and Len Hutchinson were two of the People who ran the Saints Aid Club back in the day along with Douglas Caldow Frank Cassidy Dunc McNab and a few others when they ran the Aid Club they raised funds running the Half Time draw at Muirton, Saints Bingo, approached Breweries to get funds to supply Saints with Training gear etc,and also to get Barrossa built, seams a few years down the line Pre Brown Saints wanted the club to hand over the cash to Saints which the Committee refused causing the split from Saints.

These are the people we should rightly be recognising  along with the Players hope people will remember next time round.

Got some information last night, it appears I have got two people mixed Sam McKinley and Len Hutchinson were two of the People who ran the Saints Aid Club back in the day along with Douglas Caldow Frank Cassidy Dunc McNab and a few others when they ran the Aid Club they raised funds running the Half Time draw at Muirton, Saints Bingo, approached Breweries to get funds to supply Saints with Training gear etc,and also to get Barrossa built, seams a few years down the line Pre Brown Saints wanted the club to hand over the cash to Saints which the Committee refused causing the split from Saints.

These are the people we should rightly be recognising  along with the Players hope people will remember next time round.

Nip along to see Queenie and she might consider an OBE or similar