welcome michael coulson

saint-johns-toun

Guest ScottMann

I think we're kidding ourselves if we think anyone signs for Saints for the glory of stepping onto the hallowed Mcdiarmid Park turf/mud/sand

Seems a pretty honest assessment of his situation and I'm not certain he specifically mentioned any of the Glasgow clubs, just mentioned some big games and while our game up here may be seen as a poor product playing Hearts at Tynecastle surely trumps playing Yeovil at Huish Park.

I never said he was signing for that.

Yep, he's probably a good old typical Yorkshireman that tells it like it is. Well he should realise it's 2016 and players should be media aware. Looks like York's PR levels are as good as Saints. He wasn't quoted in the article as saying Old Firm but the reporter stated he'd confessed games against them were part of the attraction. Of course the reporter was probably lying and Coulson never said that. The big games he meant were probably Saints v Dundee and Aberdeen. I'm sure Jackie would wax lyrical about them on a regular basis.

Compare this to Michael Doyle's attitude to signing for us. If only Mr Coulson could show about 50% of that enthusiasm for the move he might come over as actually wanting to be here.

A bit negative I agree but I'm just being honest so it's ok.

I never said he was signing for that.

Yep, he's probably a good old typical Yorkshireman that tells it like it is. Well he should realise it's 2016 and players should be media aware. Looks like York's PR levels are as good as Saints. He wasn't quoted in the article as saying Old Firm but the reporter stated he'd confessed games against them were part of the attraction. Of course the reporter was probably lying and Coulson never said that. The big games he meant were probably Saints v Dundee and Aberdeen. I'm sure Jackie would wax lyrical about them on a regular basis.

Compare this to Michael Doyle's attitude to signing for us. If only Mr Coulson could show about 50% of that enthusiasm for the move he might come over as actually wanting to be here.

A bit negative I agree but I'm just being honest so it's ok.

Check you and your sensitivity.

Listen to his interview (the one the article is clearly quoting) and you'll get a different impression.

Jeez, it certainly isn't 'Saints are the only club I've wanted to play for' stuff anyway! It's better than the dole and at least I get to play against the bigot brothers...in the SPL. Wonderful.

Sprog number two due in July. I'm getting Britain 2 vibes about this already!

I'd rather he was honest than spew forth some patronising shite about how hes always wanted to play for us, I'm actually happier when a player comes in and says they hope we're a stepping stone to bigger things than anything else tbh, shows some form of drive and ambition.

To be fair he's clearly upset club and fans by 'jumping ship' for his own benefit/security, and is trying to justify it in the face of aggressive interviewing.  I'd read absolutely nothing about how he views Saints into that interview. It's 100% about appeasing York, in a York paper, read by York fans.

Guest ScottMann

Check you and your sensitivity.

Listen to his interview (the one the article is clearly quoting) and you'll get a different impression.

Nope. Just replying in kind. Plenty of others to use the sensitive cliche on though.

Definitely listen to the audio interview rather than the edited news report.

Feel a bit sorry for the lad listening to that as he's in an impossible position.  He obviously doesn't want to shite on his current club and feels bad about it, but it will be perceived by some that he's jumping ship in the middle of a crisis.

im sure he is excited about coming here, but he doesn't want to rub york's noses in it by going on about how great an opportunity he has personally whilst they're likely to go down and suffer the inevitable cutbacks.

He's also quite honest in assessing himself as a player, saying he hasn't exactly set the heater alight this season.

The only slight concern would be the injury side, hopefully he gets a good break at the end of the season to get fully fit.

welcome to Saints, wish him all the best.

Shite, waste of money, injury prone, crap level of football before us, doesn't score, can't defend, too old, too young, too small, too tall, can't run, no stamina.......think that more or less covers it without looking over the posts 

Sadly you failed to predict the bit were folk complained he wasn't positive in his interview.

Mind-boggling

• 4 weeks later...

Back on the physios table apparently. He missed their 2-1 loss at the weekend and is set to miss the upcoming game with Portsmouth...

Let's hope it is something that can be resolved with a bit rest before preseason kicks in. Last thing we need is for him to arrive and need surgery before preseason even starts.

I think the Pre contract thingy will have get out clauses re fitness.

I'm sure Celtic pulled out of a PCA once due to a player getting injured. Pretty sure he ended up getting money off them for it but will need to Google it and see what actually happened

It was Fojut who ended up at Dundee United. Signed a PCA with them then suffered a cruciate injury for it. Lennon mentioned at the time that all PCAs have a break clause in them due to injury

http://stv.tv/sport/football/99552-celtic-cancel-deal-for-polish-defender-jaroslaw-fojut-due-to-knee-injury/

Edited by RandomGuy