Hearts v Saints 19/3/16 K-O 3pm

That was brilliant today. Unfortunately I've been telt by the boss to be home before our son's bed time or I'll be in the dog house. On the bus home with a big grin on my face. Might cracking open a few more beers and a bottle of red when I get home to celebrate!  

Probably the most professional and complete performance of the season when we least expected it. That's why we all love this club and keep going back every week. It's going to be a most enjoyable week in Edinburgh!

Brilliant performance from the whole team today.  Back to the form of October /November. What a difference from that abject display  against Patrick.

It is frustrating. Earlier in the season hammered a good counterattacking team at Pittodrie and a free flowing Sevco at Ibrox. Now thumped an in your face Jambo team at Tynie. How can we lose to Killie, Thistle etc at home?

I think we need to remember that since 2014 we have played more games than anybody apart from Celtic and Aberdeen we have lost two  of our best players and we have a very small financial base, so a dip in form was inevitable given injuries.Today we saw a fit Chris Miller giving muzz the confidence to go forward and Easton was rock solid behind Liam with the same result.

If we could keep Darnell I think that would be a major step forward, Credit also today to the much criticised Mannus who came out for crosses and made a couple of great saves

I think we need to remember that since 2014 we have played more games than anybody apart from Celtic and Aberdeen we have lost two  of our best players and we have a very small financial base, so a dip in form was inevitable given injuries.Today we saw a fit Chris Miller giving muzz the confidence to go forward and Easton was rock solid behind Liam with the same result.

If we could keep Darnell I think that would be a major step forward, Credit also today to the much criticised Mannus who came out for crosses and made a couple of great saves

Best post of the past week

Guest ScottMann

It is frustrating. Earlier in the season hammered a good counterattacking team at Pittodrie and a free flowing Sevco at Ibrox. Now thumped an in your face Jambo team at Tynie. How can we lose to Killie, Thistle etc at home?

Those were the days my friend,                                                                                                                                                                        We thought they'd never end,                                                                                                                                                                            We'd beat the Rangers then to Clyde we'd lose...

We're Saints. It's the way it's always been and probably aways will be. 

I didn't actually think we needed to get out of first-gear during the opening 45 minutes . Hearts looked absolutely dreadful. Having said that, we looked like we wanted to win much more than Hearts did. We were far more alert than them, pressing them all over the pitch. I thought we were excellent on the ball in the second-half. Murray was immense, Liam Craig was much improved, the defence and keeper were great, Chris Kane worked his socks off.

Wingers playing direct football with the full-backs making positive overlapping runs. Orgasmic. Delighted for Darnell as well.

Hearts had a few chances, but I was never really concerned. We were dominant throughout. That's the best 90-minute performance I've seen this season (I wasn't at the 5-1 Aberdeen match). 

4-5-1..   mostly. Midfield  were  much quicker to get up and support Kano who worked his arse off..

Watching it on Alba, never realised the shift that Kane put in.

Winning balls he had no right to and putting pressure on the Hearts defence allowed his team mates to gain possession.

If Muzz hadn't dominated the proceedings so much, I would have went for a different. M. O. M.

(however thats a different thread)

No failures in the team today.

What a superb performance by the WHOLE team.

I'd argue that Darnell Fisher has actually played pretty well at right-back since he first arrived. Aside from the horror show at Motherwell and a couple of matches where he played in midfield, I can't think of any notably poor performances. He was certainly impressive on his debut (in the 4-1 home win against Hamilton).

What a terrific display that was today ..totally up for it...made hearts look shite in front of a sellout crowd. Special praise for Muzz but Kano ,Liam ,MIDGE and Darnel were excellent too.Rarely have i seen saints breeze a game from start to finish but they did that today ....well done. Must say though charging 25 quid for a seat where you cant see the goal or corner flag sucks.Oh and the cremated pies??...but did it spoil my day ? No.  Thanks to the Barrossa bus guys ..my wee lad and i had a fab day and will be back. 

Did Muzz get booked. It showed it on a legend on Alba that he did. BBC report doesn't have a card against him. The way he was still throwing himself into tackles after card says he wasn't.

I saw that on Alba and  said the same. Almost 100% sure he never got booked..

Braw reading!

"If I was a St Johnstone fan or anyone involved with them I'd be bloody delighted with what I witnessed. Come to Tynecastle and thrash Hearts in front of 16,000 of our fans with their resources is nothing short of superb. They have no obligation to sit off us and pussy foot about. Thats 6 goals they have scored at our ground this season."

I agree with the above comment!

For any Saints fans that missed that today, don't think that was a flukey 3-0 smash and grab... That was 3-0 going on 5 or 6.

we controlled that game today, and every Saints player played their part; a brilliant team performance.  

For those deciding they want to sit in front of their computers all afternoon and slag off Steven Maclean, he was really good when he came on for Swanson, and kept the momentum going.

one of the most enjoyable Saints performances this season!!

say hello to 5 in a row.... ????

By the sounds of it, what a difference when McLean not on the pitch !

The performance was excellent and I'd rather focus on that than have sly negative digs at a player who has given so much to the club.  Incidentally, Macca was good when he came on and more than played his part in making sure we kept going at Hearts in the second half.  Guess you had to be there though.