Winning Cup Final Goal

jhq

Cup Final Winning Goal  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great shout by Shibby in the other thread to bring this up, never ever thought about this before.

As much as I want to say Macca, I have to agree that Ando was the one that got the first goal and therefore the winning one as Utd didnt score after it.

If Utd had scored then yes Maccas would have been the winner.

I tend to overlook Andos Goal as it was that far away you werent as much a part of it where as MacLeans was right in front of us and he/we could share in it far more.

Regardless, we won the cup and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

Definitely Ando. If the second hadn't been scored, we'd still have won, so his goal was the winner. The same logic I applied when I used to say I scored the winning goal in a 23-0 victory (9-0 according to the PA obviously) for the 10th Perthshire Cubs against Auchterarder many years ago! 

Made me chuckle there Nelly thinking back to the PA always making the score 9-0 rather than anything higher!  Sadly to my teams benefit a few times over the years.........

Made me chuckle there Nelly thinking back to the PA always making the score 9-0 rather than anything higher!  Sadly to my teams benefit a few times over the years.........

It was always infuriating when you lost "only" conceded 9 though, knowing everyone would think you'd had an even worse hiding.  Especially when you were Craigie Cubs' keeper and were quite chuffed at keeping the score down to 9.

The way my heid goes is it was Macca - I knew then that we'd definitely won the Cup. At 1-0 it was always a possibility they might equalise.

Macca scores 2-0 tears,bedlam, etc,etc

No taking anything away from Ando though.

I don't believe you, there was not a Saints fan around me that believed we had won it until the whistle was blown for full time :)

It was always infuriating when you lost "only" conceded 9 though, knowing everyone would think you'd had an even worse hiding.  Especially when you were Craigie Cubs' keeper and were quite chuffed at keeping the score down to 9.

Craigie Cubs in my day won the cup two years in a row #goldengeneration

from the BBC report on Scumdee nabbing the ICT boys

""Former Kidderminster player Vincent, 26, also joined in 2013 and scored the winning goal when Caley Thistle won the Scottish Cup last season.

Did they not win 2-1 though? So their second is the winner.. Especially as it was 1-1 then he scored.