Winning Cup Final Goal

jhq

Cup Final Winning Goal  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As I said in the other thread

1-0 = Winning

2-0 = Still wining but with mair goals.

Some folks logic is weird to suggest otherwise.

At no point after Ando scored were we losing or drawing therefore we were  still winning.

On further reflection of my hypothesis I still stand by my original statement that Ando scored the winning goal.

However, what would have been interesting is if Utd somehow manage to score and make it 2-1 when we were leading 2-0 who scored the winner in that scenario?

Does the Utd goal cancel out Macca's goal or does is cancel out Ando's goal?

now that is a real argument!

Discuss

On further reflection of my hypothesis I still stand by my original statement that Ando scored the winning goal.

However, what would have been interesting is if Utd somehow manage to score and make it 2-1 when we were leading 2-0 who scored the winner in that scenario?

Does the Utd goal cancel out Macca's goal or does is cancel out Ando's goal?

now that is a real argument!

Discuss

Macca scored the winner in this scenario. Without him adding the second the united goal would have made it 1-1

Second goal sealed it. At 1 there was always a chance of an equaliser.  Therefore Macca goal and celebration made sure we would win the cup. How United didn't score that day, I have no idea.... ha ha ha

Timing of the 2 goals tells you the game was sealed with the 2nd goal.  1 nil is taking the lead. 2nd goal is winning it due to nature of game and time left.

Edited by Dave H

Second goal sealed it. At 1 there was always a chance of an equaliser.  Therefore Macca goal and celebration made sure we would win the cup. How United didn't score that day, I have no idea.... ha ha ha

Timing of the 2 goals tells you the game was sealed with the 2nd goal.  1 nil is taking the lead. 2nd goal is winning it due to nature of game and time left.

^^^Kens^^^